One-Synth-Challenge 43: DUNE BE - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

muLperi wrote:And if Dune full is not acceptable, can I have a download link for the BE -version? (sorry if I missed it)
In this same post, in the page 1, there is a link on the top which brings you to this thread i made about 6 synths packs.
There are all the instructions to download this nice synthesizer.

Have a good day :)

N.E.X. wrote:
papatomany wrote:I still haven't been able to get the Dune BE. I've given my email twice now and had the check your email for the download message each time, but haven't received an email.
Download works only first time, try another email adress, not used yet. You'll get download link with subscription confirmation when you click to confirm.
I've now tried 3 different addresses and still have received no email.
I'll see if I can remember how to get to my Yahoo account.

I didn't get it the first time, then a few days later I tried again with the same email and did get it. So, at least for me, using the same email twice did work.

V'ger wrote:DUNE CM version is not freeware like the BE version, that was the main point, but as it turns out it's inferior to BE so no real argument to not using it. To be frank I was not sure what was the difference and played safe thinking no one would mind to install the BE version, but if it's a big deal let's allow CM then.

The full version can not be allowed as it has modulation effects etc, and unlike Minimoog-V does not come with a full working demo version which made outlawing the paid version of that pointless.

So notice: DUNE CM version now allowed.
Thanks for clarifying.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

This is from the general discussion thread:
3ee wrote:A suggestion for the OSC competition:

I've noticed that everyone is required (or maybe it's just a custom) to post info about the tools used to create one's entry... like what DAW and vst plugins were used.

Could be interesting to have contestants enter this info right within the track's description on SoundCloud.

This way, once listening a track we'll be just one or two clicks away instead of searching pages and pages for that info.

Cheers,
3ee
So everybody: If you agree, please put the song tech info next to the song in Soundcloud like suggested. Cheers for the idea 3ee.
Last edited by V'ger on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am slowly getting into it... I guess it is not easy after using Reason for everything, now getting into the amazing world of DAW and VSTS, leave alone have to learn it all but to do everything with one synth... and "crippled" as well with no FX... but I think not doing too bad so far ;)

Hopefully I'll have it ready soon enough.

And yes I had to learn quick smart how to program drums in dune too... LOL... I've done closed hats, open hats, and a crash... well sort off ;)

Let's see if I can make a nice pluck as well...

I am using Reaper, so far 20 instances of Dune BE and for a song I use version of my original song that I did last year or thereabouts all in Reason ;)

to be continued ;)

Nice going, but don't forget that if you are making a cover of your own song, that must be reflected in the title as per the rules.

Ok I've just finished, please advise if the title is not correct - I'll change it.

I made a cover of my own song "Mystic Sensations" (original was made in Reason)
I've used reaper 4.25 64bit.
Used few of the stock effects (reverb, delay, EQ, compressor on master channel)
Dune BE 20 Instances / tracks.
Mostly used stock presets,
except hats, crash, which I've programmed.
Project file available any time.

angelremington - mystic sensations (cover) - original by myself: George Angelov, Angel Electrodance.

Link:

http://soundcloud.com/georgeangelov/ang ... n-mystic-1

Hope you like it and Have a nice day. :)

Edit:

It is a bit rough, can do with a bit of automation... when i figure out better how to do it and some mixing... well if someone wants to collaborate and give a hand, please yell ;) it says in the rules - it is allowed
Last edited by angelremington on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

It looks like converting song to a new synth is not so big issue...

I know that a synth is just a synth... But aren't you guys feeling the patches from dune a bit.... 'trancey'? or... more like... comercial house or tech house synths... Don't know how to describe it.

Hello again and here we go........

Song title : shining light

Host FL Studio 10

32 samples from dune vst

13 instances of dune vst

reverb , delay and limiter came from mother host

enjoy

Fabrizio

:D :D :D

SuperNoise wrote:It looks like converting song to a new synth is not so big issue...
The "original song vs. covering yourself" -issue will be brought up as a point for the next rules vote, but is as it is for now. As long as 'self-covers' are marked as such, people can still score them according to how they value the merits of the work.
waltercruz wrote:I know that a synth is just a synth... But aren't you guys feeling the patches from dune a bit.... 'trancey'? or... more like... comercial house or tech house synths... Don't know how to describe it.
It is, but doesn't take much tweaking to get to other genres in my opinion. Besides, how often do we get to use sweet pads etc like here? I would say the range of Dune is quite remarkable.

I don't know about trancey, well maybe... I think they are nothing special, few good pads, but not really any plucks etc...
Maybe just general purpose sounds, but for a free synth they are OK :)

It is funny, I'm just switching from Reason, over the past few weeks spent hundreds of $$ on new DAW's (S1V2 prof, Cubase 6.5, Orion, Reaper) and ~1000 on new synths (Sylenth, Massive, Nexus 2, Absynth etc...) and my very first project outside of Reason is with a free synth :) in Reaper, that I hardly even know how to use... LOL

Edit:

in regards to cover of my own work:

I actually found it harder to cover my original Reason song with a very limited choice of sounds from the one synth, as I needed specific sounds for it when i did it in Reason, but OK, I'll submit couple more entries which I'll specifically compose for this contest :) will get out of bed soon and start doing some more work... or then again I couls stay in it and install Dune and Reaper on the laptop and do it here... ;)
Last edited by angelremington on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hehe, know what you mean. Have also bought a lot of stuff and using the free ones instead. :roll:

But what made you switch from Reason by the way? Keen on other plugs or was it something with the writing?

No, I love using Reason for writing, some people hate the sequencer and piano roll but i love it, why I switch... well I done few projects with samples, loops and audio files done by someone else or commercial packs and they were made with Sylenth, Massive and Virus, so I demoed few soft synths etc and I just loved it, also I have hardware synths that I only use for inspiration or trying something new but i wouldn't dare to play and record them straight in, as I can't play that well, as such I need midi out to be able to sequence them and record back in, in case of my Yamaha I can even use it as a VST through usb, but i can't do any of this in reason, no midi out and no vst, so it was inevitable, I'll still use reason for some of the stuff and possibly for starting projects, once i am happy with melody or progression etc i'd just export the midi clips and import elsewhere, I really like S1 it is easy but I can only use my 64bit plugs for now, have to try Jbridge I guess. I just got Cubase 6.5 but I only installed it so have to find my way around it i guess. Reaper runs both 32 and 64 plugs and I also tried the demo few times previously so it was easier in this case, and it only crashed once while i was doing this with dune 32bit, it actually crashed the "32bit host" not the whole program so it was ok. I'll use reaper again with dune to do a track for a second entry... :)

Return to “Instruments”