One-Synth-Challenge 43: DUNE BE - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

bzur wrote:OSC is becoming richer from month to month! And I'm not referring to the prices only :)
+1

Fabrizio

In fact, OSC goes higher and it looks like some quite nice instruments are to be used in the future for the contest. V'ger and Uncle Iron, they keep this competition on high level.
Respect!

By the way... I bought Ableton Live last month. I was very happy till I started to demand some more features form Live than put notes, configure limiter and so on.

Right now I just tried to modulated a filter cutoff frequency with an LFO and I found out MaxForLive is necessary for that (this is additional 250 Euro, hehe...). Is there no other way? I get used to have this kind of features (LFO) as standard in any DAW.

SKYZONE wrote:
bzur wrote:OSC is becoming richer from month to month! And I'm not referring to the prices only :)
+1

Fabrizio
Definitely !

The synths getting better, the tracks are allready amazing and the prizes ... HUGE! It is getting hard to boost the level from OSC to OSC. But it makes more and more fun.

Just read the owners manual from Dune and played around the presets for some houres. Oh man, this synth is so powerfull and versatile. It will take a time to learn to use all that stuff. Fortunately the GUI is made very well and it is quite clear what every parameter is doing.

Stop here, back to the keyboard :D

Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Hello again can't resist

Song name : the mushroom house

Host FLstudio(fruityloops)10

30 samples from dune vst

5 instances of dune vst

Some reverb , delay , and limiter came from mother host

Enjoy

Fabrizio

:D :D :D
Last edited by SKYZONE on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SKYZONE wrote:Hello again can't resist

Song name : the mushroom house

Host FLstudio(a.k.a fruityloops)10

30 samples from dune vst

5 instances of dune vst

Some reverb , delay , and limiter came from mother host

Enjoy

Fabrizio

:D :D :D
OSCer Inside (tm)!

after last month getting the everything stutters every 30 seconds bug. im definatly back with a fresh windows install.

Got confirmed from Synapse that Mac version is complete for the full version of DUNE: VST32, VST64, AU32 and AU64

@Skyzone: You sure work fast 8)
SuperNoise wrote:By the way... I bought Ableton Live last month. I was very happy till I started to demand some more features form Live than put notes, configure limiter and so on.

Right now I just tried to modulated a filter cutoff frequency with an LFO and I found out MaxForLive is necessary for that (this is additional 250 Euro, hehe...). Is there no other way? I get used to have this kind of features (LFO) as standard in any DAW.
I believe you are on Windows? Then there are some quite nice free LFO plugs to use like Midimod, see here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352520 Also cheers for the nice comment :)

It seems that free Dune BE is better than Dune CM which I have from Computer Music. Both are cut off from FX but Beat Edition have 24 matrix modulation row when CM version have only 12. Nice :). Thanks for link to this great free synth and good luck for everyone :).

This is helpful in case you're not paying enough attention to the manual (like me!)

http://dunesynth.wordpress.com/2010/12/ ... apse-dune/

Osc phase and the amp envelope "spike" parameters are actually available via the mod matrix. You can set the source to Const for on/off. :D

I still haven't been able to get the Dune BE. I've given my email twice now and had the check your email for the download message each time, but haven't received an email.

Hey guys, I am new to this thing and I have Dune BE obviosly, thinking of entering, I just started fiddling with it, it has few decent presets, so all the basses, leads pads etc not a problem, but the drums are.... hmmmm sort of not there... OK the kick I can do something with it, there's no clap or hi hats and the snare is a bit of a mix between cheesy and marching band etc.

So, I read the rules but I didn't quite understand, does it mean can only use the one synth (dune be) and the presets that came with? or can use other presets - purchased or can make your own sounds with it an use them? Sorry if it seems like a silly question but, I just want to understand what can I use and what not.

I mean I am not familiar with the synth, but that's ok, I can program few sounds on it, but as far as percussion is concerned... making kicks or claps etc I wouldn't have a clue - so can I use someone else's prests (3rd party) or am I limited to the "stock" patches or can I make my own in it.

Thanks in advance

papatomany wrote:I still haven't been able to get the Dune BE. I've given my email twice now and had the check your email for the download message each time, but haven't received an email.
Download works only first time, try another email adress, not used yet. You'll get download link with subscription confirmation when you click to confirm.

N.E.X. wrote: Download works only first time, try another email adress, not used yet. You'll get download link with subscription confirmation when you click to confirm.
tip: if you use gmail, you can add dots randomly. Like: myemail@gmail.com, my.email@gmail.com m.yemail@gmail.com and all of them will be delivered to the same address.

MaxSynths has now updated the prize to include Crisalys!

Thanks Max :)

Return to “Instruments”