Oxium Official Thread Xils-Lab [ Flash Sale 50% until Jan 3rd 2019 ]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Inspired By Jupiter 8 Oxium

Lotuzia wrote:Oxium is a performance oriented synthesizer, offering both classic instruments with a pure analog sound and modern ones, with neverseen real time modulations capabilities, allowing you to play a synthesizer in some musical ways you could never have imagined.

Due to its simple and intuitive user interface Oxium is fast and easy to operate
So is Oxium sort of a prelude to HIVE, in the sense that it is fast and easy to tweak useable sounds out of it

Numanoid wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Oxium is a performance oriented synthesizer, offering both classic instruments with a pure analog sound and modern ones, with neverseen real time modulations capabilities, allowing you to play a synthesizer in some musical ways you could never have imagined.

Due to its simple and intuitive user interface Oxium is fast and easy to operate
So is Oxium sort of a prelude to HIVE, in the sense that it is fast and easy to tweak useable sounds out of it
Don't know Hive very well, but I suppose both Oxium and it can be described as performance synthesizers, yes. In Oxium you have some premapped (but still fully configurable for the 3 LFOs ) mod slots for easy vibrato, wah, tremoloe live effects, and you can assign different parameters to Pitch Bend + and Pitch Bend - for example. So it's very easy to quickly build expressive patches for live/recording sessions use. Then, you also have the special *Masks* sequencers etc. And, finally, they obviously sound so different that it's not easy compare them. Imo.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

So late to the party, but so glad that I finally got it. I've been looking for a character synth with a raw and funky tone. Sounds easy, but with a bunch of carefully selected plugins that I own, it's a bit hard to find the one that really nailed what I'm looking for. Finally, I found it in the Oxium. Really like the Ice skin interface at first, but funny that I'm using the orange finally, fits better with the synth concept. Reminds me of the Permut8, which is my favorite Biscuit style mangler. Both have a similar hardware like quality that I really adore and complimenting each other really well. Also It has a very flexible feature, especially that cool le masque modulator. The serial only protection is also very nice. Hopefully they will keep developing it.
Last edited by crystalmsc on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Sorry, double post.
Last edited by crystalmsc on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

But here's the Ice skin which is not available from their website and looks really cool. Glad to have it as an alternative skin and will definitely use it one day.

I like the orange skin

crystalmsc wrote:So late to the party, but so glad that I finally got it. I've been looking for a character synth with a raw and funky tone. Sounds easy, but with a bunch of carefully selected plugins that I own, it's a bit hard to find the one that really nailed what I'm looking for. Finally, I found it in the Oxium. Really like the Ice skin interface at first, but funny that I'm using the orange finally, fits better with the synth concept. Reminds me of the Permut8, which is my favorite Biscuit style mangler. Both have a similar hardware like quality that I really adore and complimenting each other really well. Also It has a very flexible feature, especially that cool le masque modulator. The serial only protection is also very nice. Hopefully they will keep developing it.
Thanks for the compliments. Glad you like Oxium :hug:

You can change skins via Menu Options (top left of the UI, you will have to relaunch Oxium) The Ice skin is embedded in Oxium, together wih the Orange and Grey ones.

Masks modulators can behave as sequencers or can automate every Oxium parameters (or both simultaneously). They offer a lot of unique features, and are amongst the most powerfull and versatile sequencers/modulators one can find in a VA synth -imho-

Oxium will continue to be developed, as soon as some other projects leave the needed time, but it will also benefit of the integrated development phases wich concern all Xils-Lab synths, and is also adapted to fit any new OS/DAW/System configurations when necessary.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:Oxium will continue to be developed, as soon as some other projects leave the needed time, but it will also benefit of the integrated development phases wich concern all Xils-Lab synths, and is also adapted to fit any new OS/DAW/System configurations when necessary.
Sounds great, update 1.5 among the most impressive one. Can't wait for another big update like that, especially with a screaming MS-20 style filter, really fit with the synth character. Also an additional filter and sub oscillator will be a dream come true.

crystalmsc wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Oxium will continue to be developed, as soon as some other projects leave the needed time, but it will also benefit of the integrated development phases wich concern all Xils-Lab synths, and is also adapted to fit any new OS/DAW/System configurations when necessary.
Sounds great, update 1.5 among the most impressive one. Can't wait for another big update like that, especially with a screaming MS-20 style filter, really fit with the synth character. Also an additional filter and sub oscillator will be a dream come true.
I honnestly dont know what the next updates will bring. A lot of things can be implemented, but choices will have to be made.

Note : You can cumulate up to 8 oscillators in Oxium, and if you try different combinations of oscillators stacks, you'll probably find out that it's not difficult to get huge subs to support the body of the sound. Additional filters are always nice. The oscillator flower design gives instantaneous visual feedback, and room would have to be found to add filters types. With all its filter types, HP/BP/LP + Formant, and the double filter structure, that is fullycontrollable in real time via the mixer, you can already make a very wide array of sounds. But yes, additonal filter types are always welecomed. We'll see :) Thanks for your suggestions.

Been playing all day with oxium.;just woooowzers ...
Filter is excellent , audiorate modulation ..etc.....
Will buy soon ,....apart from the hideous gui .....option to downscale the gui please :clown: ....it's a bit big on a laptop screen .

Will buy soon , and will buy stixx too once it's available without ilok/elicense
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

imho the smoothing time of the delay line is a bit too long .;I guess it's more than 20 ms ..
All good and well for smooth time transitions , but when modulating from a fast lfo ....the long smoothing time is not desired ...5ms would be great.
Maybe this could be user definable for the future.

And a quick question , why is the saw osc. 1 octave higher then the other waveforms ???
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote:imho the smoothing time of the delay line is a bit too long .;I guess it's more than 20 ms ..
All good and well for smooth time transitions , but when modulating from a fast lfo ....the long smoothing time is not desired ...5ms would be great.
Maybe this could be user definable for the future.

And a quick question , why is the saw osc. 1 octave higher then the other waveforms ???
Oopps edit ..just noticed that the pw mod. also affects the saw :dog:
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote:Been playing all day with oxium.;just woooowzers ...
Filter is excellent , audiorate modulation ..etc.....
Will buy soon ,....apart from the hideous gui .....option to downscale the gui please :clown: ....it's a bit big on a laptop screen .

Will buy soon , and will buy stixx too once it's available without ilok/elicense
You can change the GUI size in the menu options. 3 sizes are available iirc ( you'll need to relaunch Oxium once you've changed the size)

For the delay smoothing (another of your posts), thanks for the suggestion.

huh? I don't see options to change size anywhere in oxium's menu...

acYm wrote:huh? I don't see options to change size anywhere in oxium's menu...
Ooops sorry you're right. No size option like on the other Xils-Lab synths for Oxium :(

I'll put that option on the top of the list for a next update. Thanks for correcting me. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”