Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MIDI Guitar version 1.0.0 released.

It's more than a year ago we started this thread and please let me again thank you guys here at KVR who have contributed and helped us to shape MIDI Guitar and given great feedback.

Throughout the last year MIDI Guitar have matured through very extensive BETA testing and since the latest versions have been stable for most in terms of compatibility and as more customers have expressed the need to use MIDI Guitar in production environments, we found it a good occasion to release version 1.0.

As mentioned a few pages back we have found headroom for more tracking improvements and its something we have been working on for a few months already. This pursuit will continue in versions 1.x. Version 1.0 adds nothing new really, if you are already using 0.9.7.

Whats New
* MIDI Guitar is now out of BETA status.
* This release is identical to 0.9.7 in terms of tracking and features.
* Your MIDI Guitar settings (i.e. "Projects" and "Recognition Presets") will be valid in all future updates.
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

Congratulations on making it to the v1.0 release. Merry Christmas from me and my family.

Joe
Fretted Synth

Just bought this. Brilliant!
For sale, Roland GR20 with gk3 pickup. No longer required :D
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Congrats on the release Ole and lots of success with this great product.

Have a great Christmas. :)

very good news. the most exciting plugin ever! for me

Is the JamOrigin website down?

szurcio wrote:Is the JamOrigin website down?
No.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ... rigin.com/

@jamorigin

can we please get the scala import option in the bass version?

firepile wrote:
szurcio wrote:Is the JamOrigin website down?
No.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ... rigin.com/
No?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I just clicked on the jam origin link at the top of the page. (First post) and the site opened up just fine.
I subscribed to the news updates while I was there :-)
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

is there any time frame for MIDI BASS on iOS?

Hi all,

I had a demo version of JamOrigin Midi Guitar 0.7 in my hard drive. It worked quite well with my guitar. I decided to buy Midi Guitar without testing the version 1.0. Now in version 1.0 the tracking is very bad. My guitar is american Fender Stratocaster, but I have a hot rail humbucker pickup in the bridge. I have tried the floating tremolo setup and also setup where tremolo is sitting tightly against guitar body. No difference. Someone have mentioned that guitar body resonances are bad for tracking. Is single coil bridge pickup ideal for tracking because of brighter tone. I can modify hot rail to be switchable for single coil mode if it helps. Anyone else have similar problems? There was a time when you could download previous versions from JamOrigin's site but the links are not working anymore. I would like to try version 0.5 if it has even better tracking than 0.7.

Cheers,

Is this thing still being developed/improved?

Just demo'ed this software with a piezo equipped guitar. tracking is incredible compared to regular electric pickups. :o

I just discovered this (duh) and rejecting most solutions since I play nylon string Flamenco. However, I do have Takamine palathetic pickups/Cool Tube preamps in all my guitars, and I've just spent the last three hours testing it with my go-to Flamenco guitar. The tracking is amazing; I will have to learn to tweak it for some things, but I am blown away (I love using my Flamenco guitars, which have a different action then the commercially available alternatives). All I had to do was to plug the guitar in, and I'm immediately playing the sythns in Komplete 9 and Maschine.... (so far, in the brief time I've used it, I've liked the presets in Sylenth1 the best - but I have a lot of discovery ahead of me.)

The amazing thing Is that chords are played so well, even strumming (although it really gets muddy with pad presets)...
Congratulations, guys, you did just great with this program....

BTW, I just noticed that the new Boss GT-001 has a monophonic pitch to midi converter:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetai ... uctId=1320

Any comments? ... :)

Return to “Instruments”