Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am getting synth/piano in my left ear and the clean guitar in my right?

Kraznet wrote:I bought it and it works in Samplitude and Sequoia x64. This plug-in shows great potential. I will do a setup tutorial when I get time.

Regards
Kraznet
Would be great with a Samplitude/Sequoia tutorial. Thanks Kraznet!
Hellfog wrote:I am getting synth/piano in my left ear and the clean guitar in my right?
That sounds odd. The synth is normally stereo and so is the direct guitar.
What kind of interface are you using?
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

It was working normally today, don't know what happend yesterday. I did have to restart my computer, so maby that was the trick.

Am using focusright scarlett 2i2, with reaper.

JamOrigin wrote:
brainstem wrote:Is there a way to save the Stand Alone settings as a preset? Specifically, the Audio Device Input Channel. As it is now, in my case it reverts to Channel 1+2 Mixdown. I want it to retain the Channel 3 setting for my guitar input.
Oh, i think we forgot to save channel then. We'll sort that out.
Thank you!

jefvTaon wrote:Anyone try this in Digital Performer 7 ?

thanks!
Yes!

And DP 8.

Use it in Stand Alone mode.
Make Sure "Audio Device Settings Input Channel" is set correctly.
When the "MIDI Output>Output Route" is set to "MIDI Guitar Virtual MIDI Out" (which it is by default), then MIDI Guitar shows up in DP's MIDI Monitor.

In DP, create a MIDI track, then an Instrument Track (with an instantiated instrument).
Assign the MIDI track output to the Instrument Track.
Assign the Instrument Track Output to your audio interface main outputs.

Record-enable the MIDI track. You should now be able to trigger the Instrument track and record MIDI.

Comments
Yesterday, I could not get this to work.
This morning I created ins and outs with DP's Interapplication MIDI, checked on Multi Record in the Studio menu, blah blah. I finally had a connection.

Then I deleted the Interapp ins/outs, unchecked Multi Record, and still had a connection. Quit the app, fired up DP 8, no interapplication MIDI, just the default MIDI Guitar Output route and MIDI/Instrument tracks in DP as described above.

MIDI voodoo? Go figure.

Hellfog wrote:I am getting synth/piano in my left ear and the clean guitar in my right?
I had similar results and found that my headphone jack was not correctly seated. I'm using the scarlett 8i6 and on another occasion I forgot to start the Scarlett Mixcontrol which gave me a mono like output.

JamOrigin wrote:
Kraznet wrote:I bought it and it works in Samplitude and Sequoia x64. This plug-in shows great potential. I will do a setup tutorial when I get time.

Regards
Kraznet
Would be great with a Samplitude/Sequoia tutorial. Thanks Kraznet!
That sounds odd. The synth is normally stereo and so is the direct guitar.
What kind of interface are you using?
I didn't realize this before,

AU version= synth/piano in my left ear and the clean guitar in my right.
VST= Everything works great.

Will there be so you can play bass with it also?.

brainstem wrote:
jefvTaon wrote:Anyone try this in Digital Performer 7 ?

thanks!
Yes!

And DP 8.

Use it in Stand Alone mode.
Make Sure "Audio Device Settings Input Channel" is set correctly.
When the "MIDI Output>Output Route" is set to "MIDI Guitar Virtual MIDI Out" (which it is by default), then MIDI Guitar shows up in DP's MIDI Monitor.

In DP, create a MIDI track, then an Instrument Track (with an instantiated instrument).
Assign the MIDI track output to the Instrument Track.
Assign the Instrument Track Output to your audio interface main outputs.

Record-enable the MIDI track. You should now be able to trigger the Instrument track and record MIDI.

Comments
Yesterday, I could not get this to work.
This morning I created ins and outs with DP's Interapplication MIDI, checked on Multi Record in the Studio menu, blah blah. I finally had a connection.

Then I deleted the Interapp ins/outs, unchecked Multi Record, and still had a connection. Quit the app, fired up DP 8, no interapplication MIDI, just the default MIDI Guitar Output route and MIDI/Instrument tracks in DP as described above.

MIDI voodoo? Go figure.
thanks much for the detailed info...
saved me some head scratching!

Just got myself a schecter 7 string for Christmas (tuned to low B on 7th string) I'll give it a go today to see if it can work.. It should be quite different to what I've been using (a strat) as it also is fitted with humbuckers..

shanecgriffo wrote:Just got myself a schecter 7 string for Christmas (tuned to low B on 7th string) I'll give it a go today to see if it can work.. It should be quite different to what I've been using (a strat) as it also is fitted with humbuckers..
Please let us know how it goes but just remember right now it wont go below E2.
Hellfog wrote: I didn't realize this before,

Now it sounds even more odd. What kind of interface are you using?

Yes, bass is on the way.. check a couple of pages back.
JamOrigin.com

New KVR Audio member, new MIDI Guitar beta (0.5.2) user.

I'm not terribly proficient with computers, so it took me a while to figure out how to get the plug-in version of MIDI Guitar working on my iMac. Eventually, I placed "MIDI Guitar.component" in Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components, and then later I placed "MIDI Guitar.vst" in Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins >VST.

When trying to load the plug-in with Studio One, the AU version does not appear in the list of scanned effects. The VST version appeared after I placed "MIDI Guitar.vst" in the correct plug-in folder, and runs correctly. I can also load the VST plug-in with Ableton Live.

Edit: Ok, as typing this, I loaded Studio One and it seems that the AU version now appears in the list of effects and loads normally, but I can't get it to generate sound yet even with Test Piano.

I'll do some more tinkering ...
ramuji
http://www.ramuji.com
iMac (2.66GHz i5, 4GB), OSX 10.8.2,
MacBook (2GHz, 1GB), OSX 10.6.8,
MOTU 828mkII,
Guitar Rig 5.1.1, Komplete 8, Ableton Live 8.3.3, Studio One 2.5

JamOrigin wrote:
shanecgriffo wrote:Just got myself a schecter 7 string for Christmas (tuned to low B on 7th string) I'll give it a go today to see if it can work.. It should be quite different to what I've been using (a strat) as it also is fitted with humbuckers..
Please let us know how it goes but just remember right now it wont go below E2.
Hellfog wrote: I didn't realize this before,

Now it sounds even more odd. What kind of interface are you using?

Yes, bass is on the way.. check a couple of pages back.
Using focusright scarlett 2i2, with reaper.

JamOrigin wrote:
The Telenator wrote:Greetings, everyone! There is no way I'm going to have time to read all of 28 pages, but I've read what I could. A couple of basic questions:

What is the "Final Price" going to be? The $99.95 USD posted now or something other after beta?

How long is this beta release you are offering free good for? Does it time out at some point? I don't mean the offer. I mean the plugin itself timing out. Will it?

This plugin / standalone has been under development for a while now. I realise this one is a lot trickier than building some simple EQ plugin or so on, but when roughly can we expect this to come out of beta and be offered as some form of finished product?

I need a list of DAWs that this is not compatible with at this point. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to experiment and try various schemes and setups that some of you have. Can someone sum up where it doesn't work and what its current plugin trouble are?

Thanks for those of you who are knowledgeable enough on these issues to reply.

Cheers!
Good questions, Telenator. Let me answer the best I can according to how we see things currently.

1. Right now its 30% early adapter discount, so $69.99. The offer lasts throughout December. After that its going to be $99. We dont have any plans to end the free trial. We think its important people can try it out before buying.

2. We will end the BETA when its ready. Our current plan says february. MIDI Guitar was actually 5 years under development by now, so a few month of BETA testing is a relatively short time frame for us.

3. As for DAW compatbility the rule number one is that as long as you can use it as an audio effect it should work just like you would use a simple reverb. It can be used as an audio effect because it has its own internal VST/AU hosting.

Most will want to use the MIDI output feature of the plugin to record midi into the piano roll. We will spend some time in January to create video guides for each major DAW. It works for most DAWs. For now we have a very first overview on the midi guitar page. The last resport is typically to use the standalone version of MIDI Guitar with the virtual midi feature built in, which you can hen select in the DAW.

Hope this answers your questions.
Surely there'll be some Sweet deal for all us old-time, hard-core Beta testers? Eh? :hail:
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

jdt wrote:Surely there'll be some Sweet deal for all us old-time, hard-core Beta testers? Eh? :hail:
Yes of course. We will get back to each of you by the end of the beta test.
JamOrigin.com

JamOrigin wrote:
jdt wrote:Surely there'll be some Sweet deal for all us old-time, hard-core Beta testers? Eh? :hail:
Yes of course. We will get back to each of you by the end of the beta test.
:tu:

Return to “Instruments”