Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wooho.. just got it, thanks!

Edit: first impression - wow its fast. And polyphonic at the same time. Very impressive. Certainly going to play a lot with it.
Last edited by CurryPaste on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty fast tracking, can't say I've heard better from software, certainly blows away Widi as far as doing it polyphonically.

I've got the sensitivity cranked up, but it sometimes misses the notes where I pick softer, sometimes holds a note a bit longer than should be, clean picking is a must as my sloppy fast strums are confusing it somewhat.

Not optimised for a bass guitar's range, can sort of pick it up but just barely.

Edit: Then I tried it to power monosynths, biggest problems are it not being sensitive enough to pick up everything, my speed isn't all that fast, and the release sometimes holds on for too long.
Last edited by RunBeerRun on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Just had some fun running Revitar through MIDI Guitar and triggering ASynth with it, all in my VSTHost.

Seems to work so far; MIDI Guitar delivered some false triggers and quite some latency (independent of the buffer size) - but Revitar's output is not really absolutely 100% what I'd call a "guitar sound". Tests with real guitars will come tomorrow.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

Ole Kristensen,

Thank you for letting me Beta test. Do i send ''Bug'' report to tester@jamorigin.com or we do it here.

**EDIT: I'll email Support here: mail@jamorigin.com about ''BUGS''.********

Jason Morin
Last edited by Jason Washburn on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Was anyone able to get it to work in FL Studio? I loaded the plugin as an effect and it does seem to detect audio based on the graph in the middle of it but it does not generate any audio from it. When I load instruments in it I can play sounds by clicking the notes on the pluging but it doesn't play anything when I play guitar.

want to beta test. email sent

Working well here in ableton.. Great for laying down big chord string/pad tracks and arpeggiated key sounds .. Not 100% ideal in every situation (i'd keep away from complicated piano parts!;) )

After about 15min of playing my first impression is "WOW" running winxp old dual core athlon, maudio delta 1010 set at 48khz, 128samples without a crackle :-)
The poly is more than I ever thought could be done. Great Job.

First requests:

Improved latency if possible? seems to add a bit?

Allow a MIDI CC# (assignable) so that pitch bends will be smooth instead of stepped, when the MIDI CC is high 127.

Allow CC# 64 hold so that a note\chord can be sustained forever, Also a switch so When CC# 64 is high 127 that the MIDI triggering is cancelled. Fun MIDI chords while being able to play a lead through an amp-sim.

A switch to make it mono for leads, pitch bend always smooth.

A setting for release time, can't get quick short release.

Even without these I still have to say "WOW"

Joe

Oh yeh! forgot

Velocity setting preferably with something graphical so you can see what is really coming in and also what is being sent. Settings for input level and velocity curve.

OK I will stop for now :-) fun stuff you have here.

Joe

Feda wrote:Was anyone able to get it to work in FL Studio? I loaded the plugin as an effect and it does seem to detect audio based on the graph in the middle of it but it does not generate any audio from it. When I load instruments in it I can play sounds by clicking the notes on the pluging but it doesn't play anything when I play guitar.
Works here in FL. Will report more tomorrow... busy now.

Allow MIDI CC's to pass to the loaded VSTi, I like your VST loading in the plugin. Would be fun to setup a MIDI foot controller for CC#1 modulation. Nice for real time use.

OK I will stop

Thank you everyone for already playing with it!

We will try to structure all of your feedback along the way.

At this time we already begun working on version 0.2, and the main focus is the essential features that makes it usable, but also get an idea about the full feature set and scope of MIDI Guitar. We will try to take your feedback and put it into design mockup screens to get you involved as early in the process as possible.

One question - do you guys prefer to have an assignable midi CC on every setting/feature - or is there a fixed standard scheme we should follow?

Once again, thank you all for your participation.

IMO-
MIDI learn is easy to use

JamOrigin wrote:or is there a fixed standard scheme we should follow?
That's an easy one: No.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

So far:

Got it installed in FL Studio.

Scanning for instruments only finds a few out of the multitude in my VST directory.

Successfully triggered the selected synth, but experiencing HUGE latency regardless of the sensitivity setting.

Response to single notes only, nothing from chords.

Clicking on the Scale Note buttons in the GUI always produce a sound from the selected synth with no latency.

Unable to trigger a synth outside MIDI Guitar's instrument selector. By this I mean by setting the MIDI I/O ports in FL's Wrappers, any targeted synth must be within MIDI Guitar?

Anyway, that's my first go with it and my observations thus far.

One thing I do want to say is that being able to trigger another VST instrument from a STANDARD guitar input is pretty darn cool. Good job guys. :tu:
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

Return to “Instruments”