Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am still getting a lot of false triggers at PP 3 especially with piano, I gave up on piano on the Rolands this is better but I am still struggling with this bit

Tarekith wrote:Really been enjoying this plug in, though I do have one issues with the latest version. For some reason the MIDI Guitar plug in GUI will always cover the GUI of the plug in it's hosting. I use it with Omnisphere in Ableton Live 9 (beta), and the Omni GUI is always covered up by MIDI Guitars. There's no way to force it to the front of the open windows, and if I close the MIDI GUitar GUI, Omni's closes as well.

Other than that, the only real issue I have is the weird glitches and distortion spikes at pitch detection 3 settings. That one by far works the best, but I still get the odd glitch at any latency setting (Lynx Hilo).

Still, this revolutionized how I work with my DAW now, after 20+ years of playing guitar, no more needing to fake playing piano just to play software synths :)

Can I suggest you feed this back directly to Jam O Its a very good point

Hi, just joined KVR, first post here, but I have been around the Fractal Audio forum for a few years, with the same nickname.

I have to say that from what little I have seen, I was more than happy to take up the 30% disc offer without even trying the beta plugin (am I crazy? no). From reading the development progress in this forum, I have a lot of faith in JamO's approach

There was a fire at my place a few months back. All my gear is now off-site somewhere while the building repairs take place. Needless to say its an agonising wait so far (hopefully only 1 month to go!). There is so much stuff I want to try out when everything goes back to normal. This is way high up on that list.

I recently down-sized my keyboard to an Avid Mini 32 in recognition that I aint no pianist, but this concept... pheww what a relief (and a lot of fun)this should prove to be.

This software really widening the range of guitar sounds to infinite. Thanks JamOrigin. My first attempts :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O50YUL8T6BU

JJunkie wrote:Hi, just joined KVR, first post here, but I have been around the Fractal Audio forum for a few years, with the same nickname.

I have to say that from what little I have seen, I was more than happy to take up the 30% disc offer without even trying the beta plugin (am I crazy? no). From reading the development progress in this forum, I have a lot of faith in JamO's approach

There was a fire at my place a few months back. All my gear is now off-site somewhere while the building repairs take place. Needless to say its an agonising wait so far (hopefully only 1 month to go!). There is so much stuff I want to try out when everything goes back to normal. This is way high up on that list.

I recently down-sized my keyboard to an Avid Mini 32 in recognition that I aint no pianist, but this concept... pheww what a relief (and a lot of fun)this should prove to be.
JJunkie, thanks! How does it work for you with the AxeFX? (some reported problems with the old AxeFX)
mbbaaixviii wrote:This software really widening the range of guitar sounds to infinite. Thanks JamOrigin. My first attempts :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O50YUL8T6BU
Very cool. Thanks for posting videos! This one would benefit from pitch bends/vibrato/legato but its comming.
Last edited by JamOrigin on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

theres not as much pitchbend in that particular tenor sax solo as there is breath control.

so i'd suggest patching in a breath controller, you could do that immediately and it would improve sax realism a lot.

helps with a lot of other sounds, anything that youd blow or bow. nice for cutoff control on synths too.

Hey jamorigin, i havent tried midi guitar at all yet. Still waiting for building repairs so my gear is in storage.

When i get the axe fx ultra back, i will try it out and let you know

JamOrigin wrote:This one would benefit from pitch bends/vibrato/legato but its coming.
Cannot bloody wait. :D

Still having a blast with MIDIGuitar, very much look forward to future beta versions and v1.0 release.

A little quiet here the last days :-) No news?

I bought the program about two weeks ago and I gotta say it is one of the best musical investments I have ever made.

Hi,

after some more testing, I have a reproduceable bluescreen under Win Vista 32bit. I normally work with a Presonus Firestudio (with Presonus ASIO drivers), but on some occasions, I used Asio4All to work with my notebook standalone. Now, MIDIGuitar seems to like Asio4All more than Presonus and keeps it as the starting asio driver every time. But - if my Firestudio FW cable is plugged in, MIDIguitar does not recognize the Presonus (even if I've disabled all other audio devices in the device manager), but tries to load ASIO4all. Result: Bluescreen. Every time. No exceptions.
Probably a menu-feature like: "Load XYZ Asio-driver while startup" or "avoid XYZ Asio-driver like plague" might help :-)

Hope, this observations helps to improve MidiGuitar even more

Mavid

Mavid wrote:Hi,

after some more testing, I have a reproduceable bluescreen under Win Vista 32bit. I normally work with a Presonus Firestudio (with Presonus ASIO drivers), but on some occasions, I used Asio4All to work with my notebook standalone. Now, MIDIGuitar seems to like Asio4All more than Presonus and keeps it as the starting asio driver every time. But - if my Firestudio FW cable is plugged in, MIDIguitar does not recognize the Presonus (even if I've disabled all other audio devices in the device manager), but tries to load ASIO4all. Result: Bluescreen. Every time. No exceptions.
Probably a menu-feature like: "Load XYZ Asio-driver while startup" or "avoid XYZ Asio-driver like plague" might help :-)

Mavid
It also needs a setting for selecting the input channel. Many of us have more than 2x2 audio interfaces and the guitar isn't always plugged into #1. (By the way, what happens to the other side of the stereo? Is it automatically detected that it's silence and tossed out? Or does it just default to Left only? What happens if the guitar is in the R input?)

Mavid wrote:A little quiet here the last days :-) No news?
Yes. We've momentarily retreated to the bunker to finish version 0.6. Some of the improvements include:

* experimental pitch bend / vibrato support
* improved velocity control
* midi through - to internal synths and external midi ports
* and more...

Current estimate says by the end of this week.
dragonslayor wrote:I bought the program about two weeks ago and I gotta say it is one of the best musical investments I have ever made.
Thanks for your support, dragonslayer!

Tony Ostinato wrote:theres not as much pitchbend in that particular tenor sax solo as there is breath control.

so i'd suggest patching in a breath controller, you could do that immediately and it would improve sax realism a lot.

helps with a lot of other sounds, anything that youd blow or bow. nice for cutoff control on synths too.
Hi Tony, while I'm persnally all for pushing MIDI Guitar in all directions, I think a built in breath controllers is a bit of a streach at this moment. Surely there are already breath controllers out there that could run along MIDI Guitar?
AdmiralQuality wrote:
Mavid wrote:Hi,

Mavid
It also needs a setting for selecting the input channel. Many of us have more than 2x2 audio interfaces and the guitar isn't always plugged into #1. (By the way, what happens to the other side of the stereo? Is it automatically detected that it's silence and tossed out? Or does it just default to Left only? What happens if the guitar is in the R input?)
Mavid, oh.. A BSOD is usually not caused by applications, but by drivers, which seems to be the case here also. Ill just write you a PM to help me understand more about the Firestudio interface - or we'll have to go and get one.

AdmiralQuality, Isnt the channel option in the audio device setup section where you can select the channel sufficient?
If guitar is in the right channel i suppose you select channel 2, left is 1. It defaults to mix the two first channels. Anything else needed?
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

JamOrigin wrote: AdmiralQuality, Isnt the channel option in the audio device setup section where you can select the channel sufficient?
If guitar is in the right channel i suppose you select channel 2, left is 1. It defaults to mix the two first channels. Anything else needed?
Oh, there it is. Must have sneaked in there without me noticing. (I usually use it as a plug-in rather than the stand-alone.)

Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”