Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've found it works very nicely bar a few interface/focus issues, as reported by others. I'll do some more detailed checking with different guitars over the next week or two. For now, it works well enough for inputting MIDI - very few false positives and it's simple to use, which makes it a potentially very useful tool.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

anything beyond 8th notes at about 120 bpm? does not register.

Sorry for the noob question, but how does this VST work compared to the OSX app that is currently available? Do you still need to connect your guitar to your iphone/ipad? Bit confused as to how this thing works (because it seems almost magical).

I'm wondering what other equipment I would have to buy to get this working. Is it possible to Mic a guitar into an audio interface, such as a UX1 or an Mbox, and then have the VST convert that signal into midi? Is that even possible? Or does it need to be a line in connection from guitar to audio interface?

Haven't tried any phone app stuff, but on Windows you don't need anything but a way to plug into your computer.

It goes guitar in-midi guitar vst plugin-synth plugin

How that routing exactly goes depends on which daw you use.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Just wanted to chime in and say that I downloaded loopMIDI, and now MIDI input is recorded to the Piano Roll in FL Studio 10.0.9. So that's what was needed -a virtual midi cable. :P

I still seem to have the best results configuring MIDI routing to Channels in the Step Sequencer as opposed to loading a synth within MIDI Guitar itself. Pretty cool when you get the right settings on multiple synths and can trigger them all with your guitar...Very Roland-y! 8)

When using loopMIDI however, only the selected synth channel will record to Piano Roll...I have yet to try selecting more than one channel in the step sequencer simultaneously. That should record to all selected synths in that case. I'll try that next.

EDIT: Tried selecting multiple channels, and only the uppermost selected records MIDI data to the Piano Roll. A work around would be to record to a Layer channel, with the synth channels set as children. Then the recorded MIDI would trigger all synths during playback.

On the other hand, if you record the audio of the synths to multiple mixer inserts, you wouldn't necessarily need the MIDI recorded to every channel for playback, and the Layer channel would hold the MIDI data common to all the synths. I guess it all boils down to individual workflow and desired results.

Confusing? Maybe, but regardless, it works. :D
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

any chance of getting a Reason RE version?

http://www.propellerheads.se/developer/

Checking out v. 0.1 shortly on Mac laptop and iPad. Would be happy to beta test version 0.2.

any news?

memyselfandus wrote:any news?
Yes, version 0.2 should be ready within a week or so.

For this release we have focused on unifying our development effort, so that all MIDI Guitar versions (App, Plugins, Standalone) use the same codebase and are 1:1 (except for window size and UI layout). There are latency and sustain improvements as well.

Features like velocity graphs, keyboard split and pitch shift, modulation wheels have been pushed to 0.3. We need some more feedback on these things to make sure we get it right.

The standalone version use a virtual midi loop and should work everywhere, including Reason, ProTools, while the plugin version works in most DAWs. More info here: http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/vst.html
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

JamOrigin wrote:Yes, version 0.2 should be ready within a week or so.
There are latency and sustain improvements as well.
Look forward to both latency and sustain improvements.
JamOrigin wrote:Features like velocity graphs, keyboard split and pitch shift, modulation wheels have been pushed to 0.3. We need some more feedback on these things to make sure we get it right.
For the velocity graph please try to make simple? So it will show a value for what the actual input velocity\level is in db, and give a MIDI value 0-127 for the output that is being sent to the plugin.
Please allow the user to set different curves for different types of guitars\players so the input can be changed to the output.

Pitch shift in semitones would be fine IMHO

Keyboard split IMHO is really not needed, but I guess some might find it useful?

Modulation will be a welcome addition, most all VSTi's respond to CC#1, but like mentioned by someone early in the thread it might be more useful to not assign a CC value and just use MIDI learn? For pitch bend it might be a good idea to do the same with MIDI learn?

Have a bunch of other stuff too, but will wait to see if v.02 fixes any?

Joe

very good news!!!! will current beta testers get a email? or do we have to sign up for the next round?

memyselfandus wrote:very good news!!!! will current beta testers get a email? or do we have to sign up for the next round?
I was going to ask the same question, but forgot to.
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

Pyha.. that was a pretty tough weekend. We have been under attack from spammers and had to wipe and redo the entiere website. It should all be safe again.
jdt wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:very good news!!!! will current beta testers get a email? or do we have to sign up for the next round?
I was going to ask the same question, but forgot to.
Yes of course. We hope you will take a look at all beta versions. We still dont know how many iterations are needed.

FrettedSynth, making the velocity graphs more simple is the conclusion we ended with also i think.

And... one more thing... we have 3 or 4 very different overall directions on disruptive applications using the MIDI Guitar technology, which I'm currently considering how to present and prioritize. Most likely some of you will get ahead of me framing the big picture...
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

Hey JamOrigin,

I sent a beta request 11 days ago, how will I know if I'm accepted? I'm really excited about this program, it looks incredibly useful!

Same question. I sent a request email yesterday.

Return to “Instruments”