Z3TA 2 Stopped working today...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ess1 wrote:this is reply i got from tech support did not work for me but may work for one of you

First,
Let's run a clean install of the program. To do this,
You should try uninstalling and reinstalling your Z3TA+2 libraries to get everything up and in working order.

To wipe out your Z3TA+2 directories simply delete the following files and folders:
Macintosh HD\Library\Audio\Plug-ins\Components\z3ta2-wrapper.component
Macintosh HD\Library\Audio\Plug-ins\VST3\z3ta2.vst3
Macintosh HD\Users"UserName"\Documents\Z3TA2
This is the Content Location (Back this up)
Macintosh HD\Library\Audio\Presets\Cakewalk
This is the Preset Location (Back this up)
When you reinstall Z3TA+2, these should be the file paths that the above files should default to when installing.

Afterwards, you will want to download then install the appropriate updates and free Expansion Packs for Z3TA+2 from our website.

This should eliminate any software irregularities that are causing your problem, but let us know if it does not.

Second,
There are two .plist files that are generated once this trial period is over. They are called tts plist, and com.cakewalk.z3ta2. You should able to find them if you go to User\Library\Preferences\ByHost and delete them. If not, make sure to check the other locations that are specified in the clean install directions.

Lastly,
Once these are deleted download a fresh installer for Z3TA+2 and you will have the ability to enter your registration code the next time you instantiate Z3TA+2 within a DAW.

Following those steps fixed the issue for me. I went to the cakewalk store and downloaded a fresh installer. Did you try that?

- OSX 10.6.8
- Live 8.3.3

Thanks for the info Ess1!

Didn't work for me either, but at least I got rid of the constant dubstep sound, meaning it's now back in trial mode for the next 30 days.

I was told by tech support they are working on a fix, so hopefully that will be finished by then. (Judging by the extremely slow response from support, I don't actually believe that though...)

Oh, and btw, The reply I got from support was very different from the above suggestion. Seems like it depends on who you get to talk to... :-(

I got the latest installer and the registration window still wasn't appearing on launch after a complete uninstall and then a reinstall on 10.6.8.

So what I did was install Mountain Lion on a separate HD, then installed Logic and Z3ta. The registration window popped up. I pasted my registration code. Then I found out that the registration code inputs into the "com.cakewalk.z3ta+2.0.xxxxxxxxxx.plist" file as the value "ProductKey".

Now you don't have to go through all of that since I just did it for you... what you have to do is create a value called "ProductKey" inside that plist file, then input your registration code into that value, then save the plist file.

I think that the best fix might be for Cakewalk to update their installer to allow you to input the registration code at the time of install with the serial number.
Last edited by djanthonyw on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are currently reading my signature.

that didin help me ! :x

but thx
fup4000

Did you edit the file

"com.cakewalk.z3ta+2.0.xxxxxxxxxx.plist" by inserting the "ProductKey" value and then save the plist file?

Remember, that you will probably have to close and then relaunch your host after you do this if it's open for it to take effect.

djanthonyw wrote:Did you edit the file

"com.cakewalk.z3ta+2.0.xxxxxxxxxx.plist" by inserting the "ProductKey" value and then save the plist file?

Remember, that you will probably have to close and then relaunch your host after you do this if it's open for it to take effect.
I have the same issue :(
Am a bit of a noob regarding this programming, what is the line exactly that I have to add to the plist?

appreciated!

The plist file "com.cakewalk.z3ta+2.0.xxxxxxxxxx.plist" is located in User > Library > Preferences > ByHost.

You will need a Property List Editor or a similar app. The Property List Editor is a free app that used to come with Xcode.

You can download it here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xjx9q7

That work!!!!!!!

Thx,
fup4000

Same thing just happened to me today - weird. No changes to my config. Running Ableton Live. Glad I did not have headphones on - +26db drone upon placing the plugin on a channel (and not even a good wobble to go with it). I gotta remember to put a limiter on Live's output and make that the default.

Will try the fixes listed, but that's a first.

Editing the .plist file also solved the issue for me on a Snow Leopard 10.6.8 machine :)

dammit!

add me to the list of people having this problem.

last night was the first time i really used it properly on this macbook, and saved a song that was using it

fire it up today, nothing but a horrendous constant buzzing.

uninstalling and reinstalling as this thread suggested has not fixed the problem.

anyone found a fix yet?

Rampus wrote:
Numanoid wrote:You need to add some more info, are you using it as standalone, or in a DAW.

If you have this trouble in a DAW, can you try it in another DAW to see if the problem persists?

I wrote (OSX AU) so I thought it was obvious it was an Audio Unit - Sorry about that. Anyway, I've tried it in Ableton Live 8 and Logic Pro 9. Same result both places.
thanks for the warning, that sounds like a specific bug that one also affected disco dsp discovery precisely in that manner and George fixed it.

It's happened with amplitude and imposcar also.

I think it had something to do with gui multithreading from memory.

regardless it's a bug with z3ta, not logic, when 99% of au synths work perfectly.

swipe that one off the list :)

Rampus wrote:Just a loud, continuous, annoying noise.

Anybody else have the same problem?
As a matter of fact, yes. But not with Version 2. Two days ago i ran into this very phenomenon with Version 1, where all hell broke loose in the middle of a tweak session. I dont remember what exactly i did in what order, (well, who could), but i do remember that what triggered the synthocalypse was touching the Cutoff slider of Filter1. (Which was odd, considering that i had used that slider a lot already during that session.) Im lucky my tweeters can take 200W RMS, otherwise, since the amp was turned up quite a bit, they would have been goners for sure.

And now i hear that Version 2 does the exact same thing? So much for freak glitch then i guess. (Which is what i thought, because i had just updated VSTHost to the latest version and figured that perhaps the two dont get along very well for some reason.) I sure hope that this isnt some sort of copy protection screwup, after all what more than using a legit serial number can one do?

(And the issue isnt exactly undangerous either. On the contrary, if your speakers cant take a lot of wattage, and dont have built-in overload protection, all it takes is a slightly higher output level and youll be shopping for new tweeters. IMO this needs to be looked at ASAP. It cant be mere coincidence that both old and new version would develop/exhibit the exact same problem at the same time.)

ENV1 wrote:(And the issue isnt exactly undangerous either. On the contrary, if your speakers cant take a lot of wattage, and dont have built-in overload protection, all it takes is a slightly higher output level and youll be shopping for new tweeters. IMO this needs to be looked at ASAP. It cant be mere coincidence that both old and new version would develop/exhibit the exact same problem at the same time.)
I often track with headphones. Happily wasn't this particular day - that was a +23db noise on with 0db gain on the track. Eardrums harder than even tweeters to replace.

I'm thinking copy protection involved also - what else can trigger everyone's synth to blow up at the same time?

did cakewalk ever fix this? that upgade price is tempting, but blown eardrums scare me, especially since i only have one

Return to “Instruments”