Xhip 0.8 ready for testing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally, I'd rather not wait for Xhip 2.0 for effects--version 1 has been a very long time coming. :lol:

A Mac version seems really cool though, and will drum up further interest too! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

aciddose wrote:
Mac AU - I've been working on this and the next version may come with a beta for mac VST and AU.
great news, thanks. waiting forward to it...

audiojunkie wrote:Personally, I'd rather not wait for Xhip 2.0 for effects--version 1 has been a very long time coming.
That's true, Xhip 2 isn't planned to be free though, that's the thing :)

I always said I'd keep Xhip free, but really that was only intended for what was already implemented/planned at the time. Adding lots of extra features like built in effects, full mod matrix, waveforms, filter modes, modularity and so on really must be limited to Xhip 2, otherwise Xhip will never be completed.

I've already drawn the line around Xhip 1, so I know exactly what needs to go into it before it's finished. I've got a whole huge list of things for Xhip 2 and anything extra that I think of or someone suggests will need to be added to that list.

I agree though, built in effects would be very cool in some situations.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:Personally, I'd rather not wait for Xhip 2.0 for effects--version 1 has been a very long time coming.
That's true, Xhip 2 isn't planned to be free though, that's the thing :)

I always said I'd keep Xhip free, but really that was only intended for what was already implemented/planned at the time. Adding lots of extra features like built in effects, full mod matrix, waveforms, filter modes, modularity and so on really must be limited to Xhip 2, otherwise Xhip will never be completed.

I've already drawn the line around Xhip 1, so I know exactly what needs to go into it before it's finished. I've got a whole huge list of things for Xhip 2 and anything extra that I think of or someone suggests will need to be added to that list.

I agree though, built in effects would be very cool in some situations.
That makes sense. :-) I just hope it comes sooner rather than later. ;-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Would love a 'double-click to reset value' feature!

It uses middle-mouse button. Click your mouse-wheel to reset controls.

I've already got double-click enabled in the code I'm working on, but that doesn't work for some types of control.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Thanks!

Only just found Xhip, it sounds fantastic.

Return to “Instruments”