Blarg

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blarg

It's a new synth I've been working on for a while.

Still no documentation and working on making more presets, but here's a fully functional demo if anyone is interested in checking it out:

http://www.contralogic.com/vst-plugins/blarg/

Thinking of selling this when it's done - but probably with a really big discount for a while in lieu of some kind of group-buy thing.

Update Jan 25:

Finally it's done - demo is updated and available from the link above. Full version is just $9.99 for a while (50% off full price).

Documentation is online here so you can learn a bit more about it.
Last edited by chris_b on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
contralogic | YouTube | Twitter | Google+

Thanks for sharing, some quick comments:

Don't like the name, "Blarg" sounds like some kind of joke synth

Don't like the sound drop outs, know it's a demo version, but makes it difficult to check out properly.

Would also like that some documentation had been included alongside the dll file, explaining the signal flow and how to shape sounds based on that, what the differences between the types of oscilliators (A-F) are, what the differences between modes of the Warp (A-R) are, etc

Edit: Just realized that you are guy behind the Pterosaur synth. That's a cool machine, used it a lot back in the day, thanks for sharing, and that is the kind of interesting name a synth deserve 8)

Wow... :-o :shock:
yzcoruhT

Numanoid wrote:Don't like the name
I always struggle a bit when it comes to thinking of a name for a thing - with so many synths out there all the best names are already taken!
Would also like that some documentation had been included alongside the dll file, explaining the signal flow and how to shape sounds based on that, what the differences between the types of oscilliators (A-F) are, what the differences between modes of the Warp (A-R) are, etc
Working on it! Writing's not my strong point, so it's been taking a bit longer than I'd hoped.

chris_b wrote: I always struggle a bit when it comes to thinking of a name for a thing..
.. mmm, I can see that.. :roll:

I think you need a new name asap - "blarg" is the sound you make the morning after too many beers... :singer:

How about Warp-AR ?

Looking forward to trying the demo, Chris :) !

GJK wrote:Looking forward to trying the demo, Chris :) !
Didn't you find the download on the webpage :?:

Looks fun 8)

I agree, the name is just wrong... when I clicked on the topic, I thought someone was going on a dis-favorable rant about (who-knows-what).
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

i actually like the name :shrug:

I like the name, but you should go with a fiery/lava theme and colour scheme ;)

Skull raft optional.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I quite like the synth. I think it got lots of potential, the patches show that the synth is capable of many types of sound.

It's a bit difficult to penetrate the GUI, it's got a quite low screen resolution, my screen is 1680x1050, and on that it doesn't take up more than ca 30% of the surface

I find the bluegrey color a bit off-putting too. I rely on visual information, to use different colours for different sections of the synth to better visualize the borders between the sections had therefore been appreciated.

I miss an arpeggiator/step sequencer, that is a big plus for a synth 8)

Numanoid wrote:
GJK wrote:Looking forward to trying the demo, Chris :) !
Didn't you find the download on the webpage :?:
Yes I did but I am at work today and looking forward to trying it later.

Wow! This synth seems to be really nice!
I love the idea of the different oscillator types!

Cheers
Dennis

Numanoid wrote:It's a bit difficult to penetrate the GUI, it's got a quite low screen resolution, my screen is 1680x1050, and on that it doesn't take up more than ca 30% of the surface
I was wondering about this - is there any discussion about what people think is largest acceptable size for a synth GUI? Presumably there's still quite a few people with 1366x768 notebook screens, so I wanted to ensure it was usable on a display with that resolution, but it's a compromise.
I miss an arpeggiator/step sequencer, that is a big plus for a synth 8)
Hm.. maybe I'm spoiled by Orion's arpeggiator and sequencing features? Arps on synths always struck me as a bit superfluous.

chris_b wrote:I was wondering about this - is there any discussion about what people think is largest acceptable size for a synth GUI? Presumably there's still quite a few people with 1366x768 notebook screens, so I wanted to ensure it was usable on a display with that resolution, but it's a compromise.
Would it be possible to allow users to resize the resolution based on their needs, like one does in video-games for instance?

Return to “Instruments”