BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Thank you so much, GrayWolf, for all your hard work on BlueArp, I love it, use it on almost every song I make.
Have you thought about having an upload space on your website, where users can upload presets, and then add them all to the latest release each time you do one? That would be fantastic, I expect there must be hundreds of new presets out there by now.

Good Idea!!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Privet Oleg,

hope you're doing great...

I'm testing the v2.01 and found some issue:

Order Algorithm:
Chord Normalize / Chord, as played

When I play chords, the BlueArp doesn't make any action, can't hear any sound.. Tried piano roll also same effect gives. :(
Thank you

thebutler wrote:
chk071 wrote:Btw, there's some issue i'm having when loading BlueArp in the VST instruments rack in Cubase Elements 6 32-bit on Windows 8.1 64-bit ... when i load it in the rack, i get a permanent, saw wave like, ... noise.
I'm just starting to experiment with the latest v2.02 edition of BlueARP and this issue is happening to me too. I get it 100% every time I load it in Cubase 7.5.20 (Full edition) Instrument Rack and run it - I then cannot turn it (the noise) off.
Unfortunately happening here too with the 2.02 version... seems to happen every time i add BlueArp now. No problems at all under Studio One.

The saw wave noise bug is old. What is the current version 2.02 dated?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Hi all. I'm back from 2 weeks vacation, then it was a busy week, so sorry for delays.
As I see there are no major bugs in 2.02, which is great. As for noise bug, currently I have no idea what is the case, I chacked and double checked everything. The only more thing I can try is to install Cubase 7.5 and try to reproduce it myself, hope there's a working beta available.
Now v2.02, created with WDL-OL and VC++, should have all the functions of 1.15b3 Delphi version.
The only missing thing is 64bit version for PC, which is next on my to-do list.
phreaque wrote:Privet Oleg,
hope you're doing great...
I'm testing the v2.01 and found some issue:

Order Algorithm:
Chord Normalize / Chord, as played

When I play chords, the BlueArp doesn't make any action, can't hear any sound.. Tried piano roll also same effect gives. :(
Thank you
It's a bug, thanks for poitning this out. Generally I implemented it before, so should be something easy to fix.

Hey Graywolf!

Thank you so much for all the hard work you have put in to give us this awesome arpeggiator!

I just loaded up the 32-bit, version 2.02, of BlueARP. I'm using it in Ableton. When I hold down a note using my MIDI keyboard, BlueARP works fine. I'm wondering if anyone else is running into the same problem I'm having with MIDI Clips, however. BlueARP does not seem to function correctly when the MIDI info comes from a MIDI Clip. In other words, when I create a MIDI file with notes drawn in .. the synth plays out the notes unaffected by BlueARP.

I really want to make able to use BlueARP to make a song, but I need to be able to get the arpeggio to work with MIDI Clips.

Help???

What is the latest x64 build?

Thank you Graywolf :ud: :!:
Last edited by BlackMt on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZXOxo67 wrote:Great job.
i tested it in fl 11.1 and all works like the 1.5b3. (had not much time yesterday evening)
but only the arp-latch function seems to have a bug. it stops playing after some repeats.
maybe bluarp lost his memory ?
I have 11.0.4 - didn't notice such a problem, will try with 11.1. I guess the reason is that FL disables the plugin after some idle time, should depend on some settings.

electro wrote:What is the latest x64 build?
1.15b3. I'm planning to build x64 soon. May take some time though, cause I'm not sure it's possible to compile x64 bit under Win7 Home.

jeffthompson wrote:Hey Graywolf!

Thank you so much for all the hard work you have put in to give us this awesome arpeggiator!

I just loaded up the 32-bit, version 2.02, of BlueARP. I'm using it in Ableton. When I hold down a note using my MIDI keyboard, BlueARP works fine. I'm wondering if anyone else is running into the same problem I'm having with MIDI Clips, however. BlueARP does not seem to function correctly when the MIDI info comes from a MIDI Clip. In other words, when I create a MIDI file with notes drawn in .. the synth plays out the notes unaffected by BlueARP.

I really want to make able to use BlueARP to make a song, but I need to be able to get the arpeggio to work with MIDI Clips.

Help???
Oh, Ableton is the trickiest DAW when it comes to MIDI plugins. I just did a quick test in 8.2.5, faced the same issue as you and found a way tp fix it. So:
1. BlueARP will pick up MIDI from clips only when Motitor set to 'Auto', but it takes notes from Keyboard only with Monitor = In. So you have to constantly switch monitor from In to Auto. But there's another way:
2. Create a separate track (say MIDI_1) with your MIDI clip, for BlueARP set MIDI from = MIDI_1 and Monitor = In. In this case it will get notes both from keyboard and from MIDI track.

Just now I compiled 64-bit version (windows)! After several hours of messing around with VC2010 and finally reinstalling it (needed to install Win 7 SDK properly).
x64 version seems to load OK and basically works. I will do more testing, and likely next weekend will upload an x64 update.

Is there a link yet?

graywolf2004 wrote:
jeffthompson wrote:Hey Graywolf!

Help???
Oh, Ableton is the trickiest DAW when it comes to MIDI plugins. I just did a quick test in 8.2.5, faced the same issue as you and found a way tp fix it. So:
1. BlueARP will pick up MIDI from clips only when Motitor set to 'Auto', but it takes notes from Keyboard only with Monitor = In. So you have to constantly switch monitor from In to Auto. But there's another way:
2. Create a separate track (say MIDI_1) with your MIDI clip, for BlueARP set MIDI from = MIDI_1 and Monitor = In. In this case it will get notes both from keyboard and from MIDI track.

THANK YOU! Working fine with MIDI Clip now. Followed step 2 and fully functional! Such a great VST! Thanks again. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”