BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Looking forward to testing it for you

Steve

Nice Oleg! Would be very interested to test the Mac beta.

Kind regards, Rob.

Hi all. Here's a first release of long-awaited Mac beta (it's not even beta, yet alpha)
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... 2.00b1.zip

Both Windows & OSX versions included. I tested it in Reaper demo, OSX 10.6.
Many things are not implemented yet. But all the stuff within a preset should work.

Features not yet implemented:
1. Banks (only 1 preset). But it should be saved with the project.
2. Main menu and all the stuff in there (skins, bank load/save, etc.)
3. Pattern chains

Known issues:
1. Fonts - blurry, not properly aligned (didn't finish it yet)

What I want to be tested:
1. Basic functionality, GUI controls
2. Saving preset with the project
3. Multi-instance usage
4. Control automation
5. Any other functions I forgot to mention )

Those who are on Windows - please test it too, cause I completely recreated it with a new toolset and I don't have a chance to test it with all possible hosts.

PS. Don't use it in production, use stable version 1.15b3 instead.

Late at night here, but I couldn't resist a hasty test in Live 9.1, Mac OS 10.8.4.

Item 1, and 2, above, passed with flying colours. After quitting Live and re-opening it with the test project, I found everything as I had left it.

Congratulations! Looking forward to trying it out more methodically.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

great!!!!! i did some short tests in fl11 and fl12 alpha.
sometimes it crashes. for example when i switch into chords. Steps k1-4 are ok, then switch to chrd - crash.
but its ok, its alpha preview. today i have not mutch time to test more
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

Can you control Gate length per step in BlueARP?

Am busy with other stuff at the moment, but look forward to trying the Mac version soon!

pdxindy wrote:Can you control Gate length per step in BlueARP?

Am busy with other stuff at the moment, but look forward to trying the Mac version soon!
still no ability to do that... but Oleg is working on it after his current task succeed. Support the developer :tu: he truly deserve all our support

ZXOxo67 wrote:great!!!!! i did some short tests in fl11 and fl12 alpha.
sometimes it crashes. for example when i switch into chords. Steps k1-4 are ok, then switch to chrd - crash.
but its ok, its alpha preview. today i have not mutch time to test more
Fixed! Thanks for finding this bug ;)
phreaque wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Can you control Gate length per step in BlueARP?

still no ability to do that... but Oleg is working on it after his current task succeed. Support the developer :tu: he truly deserve all our support
True, I was thinking to add 'Gate' dragboxbar next to velocity, after I stabilize mac version.

Privet Oleg,

Hope you're doing well..
Can you make the "Restart on" parameter able to detect (1 step)?

Just wanted to chime in to say thanks for this great tool, using it a lot atm. Also thanks for the great tutorials on Youtube, which were really helpful to get into Bluearp.

First, thanks so much for such a wonderful plugin!!!

I've managed to get this working on my 32bit version of Cubase 6.0.7. However, I have been unsuccessful in getting the x64 edition to initialize in my 64bit version of Cubase. Any suggestions? :)

Ah, now that you say it, forgot to mention something as well. :) The midi thru somehow doesn't seem to work for me. I use BlueArp on Cubase Elements 6 32-bit, and have added it in the usual way (i guess), by loading it into the instruments rack, activate it as a midi input in the inspector of the VST i want to trigger, and activate the monitoring of the instrument track. When i add Kirnu Arp in the same way, the midi thru works.

Tested Mac version in Logic 9 using Blue Cat's PatchWork (it has internal MIDI-routing since 1.2). BlueARP works fine! Not all functions was tested, but enough for my needs. OS 10.8.5 64-bit.
Thanks for plug!

Hi all. I'm back from vacation, then I caught a flu for a few days.
On vacation I had my old IBM T42 laptop with 1.7 GHz CPU (slow by todays means), which gave me a good chance to check GUI preformance of new version.
Not good enough yet. Here's some price to be paid for being multiplatform. LICE (GUI framework, incorporated in WDL) doesn't draw controls directly on screen, but draws them on internal bitmap, and then draws this bitmap on screen. When it comes to draw a filled rectangle, it's paifully slow, caise it does this pixel-by-pixel.
You'll see what I mean if you try to change 'steps' param many times by dragging it up and down - in my case it boosted CPU usage up to 100% (but I deliberately set CPU clock to very slow to see the difference).
So, after several optimizations I have the following picture:
- BlueARP 1.16 stable - 4% CPU usage regardless of what you do with it (switching programsm chains, ets.). So GUI-wise it's very low on CPU
- BlueARP 2.00 alpha - 10% CPU usage with peaks up to 30% - when you switch chains or programs. The most CPU-intensive GUI operation is redrawing screen, cause it's a large rectangle with lines and text, and it gets redrawn completely. I'm gonna post a message on WDL-OL forum, maybe Oli Larkin will give me some ideas how to improve it.

By the way, I already implemented 30% of the main menu, patch selection and pattern chains. The main obstacle now is this poor GUI performance. Maybe not a problem on CPUs like core i5 and above, but I'll try to fix it anyway.

phreaque wrote:Privet Oleg,
Hope you're doing well..
Can you make the "Restart on" parameter able to detect (1 step)?
Hi, didn't get it actually. If you mean quantization, it works in both cases (restart on key / beat). Or something else?
the_profitt wrote:First, thanks so much for such a wonderful plugin!!!
I've managed to get this working on my 32bit version of Cubase 6.0.7. However, I have been unsuccessful in getting the x64 edition to initialize in my 64bit version of Cubase. Any suggestions? :)
Pls give me more symptoms - does it show up, does if give any error message, etc.
chk071 wrote:Ah, now that you say it, forgot to mention something as well. :) The midi thru somehow doesn't seem to work for me. I use BlueArp on Cubase Elements 6 32-bit, and have added it in the usual way (i guess), by loading it into the instruments rack, activate it as a midi input in the inspector of the VST i want to trigger, and activate the monitoring of the instrument track. When i add Kirnu Arp in the same way, the midi thru works.
What exactly do you expect from 'midi thru'? BlueARP has differences from Kirnu. In Kirnu, you can split keyboard, ohe half passes the notes thru, other half makes them arpeggiated. In BlueARP, you can mimick the same thing using 'input range' option with 2 instances of BlueARP. If you uncheck 'arp enabled' and leave 'midi thru' checked it will pass the notes thru (but only within the input range - other notes will be ignored). Is it what you expect and it doesn't work, or you expect something different?

Return to “Instruments”