BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Thank you for your efforts GrayWolf ...

BlackMt wrote:Thank you Graywolf :ud: :!:
Actually some of the ideas you wrote are close to what I have in mind.
For example, making bitmap skins. Should be technically quite easy.
But I don't have much enough spare time for bluearp and I need to set priorities - 64 bit version and but fixes first, then new features.

electro wrote:Is there a link yet?
Next weekend. I want to test it more before uploading, last weekend it was just 5-minute basic test.

graywolf2004 wrote:
Next weekend. I want to test it more before uploading, last weekend it was just 5-minute basic test.
Have you been able to reproduce the saw wave noise bug? It could be related to a denormalization error.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote:
Have you been able to reproduce the saw wave noise bug? It could be related to a denormalization error.
Not yet. What do you mean by 'denormalization error'?

Update: BlueARP v2.03, x64 version for Windows (archive contains both x86 and x64)
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.03.zip

Changes:
1. Added x64 version
2. Bugfixes for program chain mode
3. Bugfixes for loading banks from ver 1.15

Question for all: I wonder if anyone uses program chains functionality (it's a block below value bars - 'current chain', 'program sequence' etc). I didn't yet describe it in the manual but you can see how it works in my latest youtube video (/watch?v=retDsYjPokA). It's purpose is to chain programs into a longer sequence and to switch patterns on the fly.

If it's what I think it is, yes, I use program chains. I found it a bit buggy (in 1.15b3) in that it always seemed to start on the 2nd program (in Studio One). So if I wanted a chain 1,2,3,4 starting at beat 1 on bar 1, I'd have to put 2,3,4,1 in the program chain boxes. I think I had a similar problem with the program starting on the 2nd bar from time to time too. I found myself restarting S1 frequently, to reset BlueArp.

Heck, while I'm complaining, I also get stuck notes when using BlueArp (or Kirnu, so I partially blame Studio One), if I pause playback mid-pattern (which, since I'm making mostly pattern-based music, is most of the time). In 32 bit, I can chain RobotArms in between BlueArp and the synth to limit stuck notes, but in 64 bit there's nothing. So, if you could somehow send note off when playback stops mid-pattern, that would be awesome. I'd love to use BlueArp in x64 Studio One.

All that said, I haven't tried 2.0x yet, so these issues may be moot.

Thanks for this amazing sequencer, Oleg! It's incredibly well-suited to how I want to make music.

Testing Mac version 2.02 I noticed that groove is unstable a bit.
I attach two snapshots of arpeggiator out recorded in Studio One - from BlueARP and from Kirnu (placed on the same track).
Only one note has no visible delay in BlueARP part.
OS 10.8.5, S1 2.6.3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

apunctum wrote:Testing Mac version 2.02 I noticed that groove is unstable a bit.
I attach two snapshots of arpeggiator out recorded in Studio One - from BlueARP and from Kirnu (placed on the same track).
OS 10.8.5, S1 2.6.3
Thanks for such an accurate test. My only idea yet - process() calls are not frequent enough. What's your audio buffer size? Should be fine for 256 samples and below (at 48 kHz 256 samples give maximum error of 5 msec).

Graywolf, astounding job on BlueArp.

Using the latest version gives an error:

procedure entry point wow64revertWow64FsRedirection ould not be located in dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

and the plugin is not detected.

Using Reaper 32 bit on Windows XP.

v1.15b1 works.

Thanks!

First of all, thank you very much for your work. Love it!

I`m having some issues with Version 2.03 64bit in Studio one. All leds are green and yellow and the arrows from patt. shift and page are no longer attached to the font color, making user skins unusable. Version 1.53 works fine. Thanks again!

Untitled-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

graywolf2004 wrote:
apunctum wrote:Testing Mac version 2.02 I noticed that groove is unstable a bit.
OS 10.8.5, S1 2.6.3
Thanks for such an accurate test. My only idea yet - process() calls are not frequent enough. What's your audio buffer size? Should be fine for 256 samples and below (at 48 kHz 256 samples give maximum error of 5 msec).
You are right, lower buffer size (32 or 64) makes delay unnoticeable, 2048 destroys groove.
Ok, for live performance (that means low b/s) it's not issue, for large DAW projects with high b/s recording arp part with further quantisation is possible.

Thanks for your work!

is the skin shown above available and working?
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

psmacmur wrote:If it's what I think it is, yes, I use program chains. I found it a bit buggy (in 1.15b3) in that it always seemed to start on the 2nd program (in Studio One). So if I wanted a chain 1,2,3,4 starting at beat 1 on bar 1, I'd have to put 2,3,4,1 in the program chain boxes. I think I had a similar problem with the program starting on the 2nd bar from time to time too. I found myself restarting S1 frequently, to reset BlueArp.
Last weekend I spent several hours fixing minor bugs with pattern chains. I defenitely remember there was a bug when after chain switching it started from second program, and I fixed it. So if you notice anything buggy or unexpected with pattern chains in 2.03 or above, please report it.

Zmotion wrote:...All leds are green and yellow and the arrows from patt. shift and page are no longer attached to the font color, making user skins unusable. Version 1.53 works fine...
Fixed, will upload the update tomorrow
backb0ard wrote:...Using the latest version gives an error:
procedure entry point wow64revertWow64FsRedirection ould not be located in dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll and the plugin is not detected.
Using Reaper 32 bit on Windows XP.
v1.15b1 works.
Thanks!
I disabled this call (not really necessary cause it affects only windows\system32 folder. Hope it's fixed

Return to “Instruments”