BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

thank you very much! this is a great arpeggiator! i'll try it out this weekend!

grtz

I like oldschool and clean looks. Maybe skinning will be available at a later state. Or someone will jump on it. But... it's working like it should, and I liket he concept.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Wow, I'm kind of overwhelmed. Thanks for positive feedback.
gamecat666 wrote:
Compyfox wrote: first thing i did was check for resources to do a custom UI for it. ;) (no, there isnt any!)
I don't know the exact way of doing this (I'm not a full-time developer, just a hobbyist). I used old good Delphi7 for development so it may give some limitations here. Can you give me some more info about this (links, etc.)? In my case all GUI elements are programmed from scratch (I didn't use generated bitmaps from tools like knobman). But think it's somehow possible to incorporate a bottom layer bitmap into the GUI (so it will draw all the elements on top).

graywolf2004 wrote:Wow, I'm kind of overwhelmed. Thanks for positive feedback.
gamecat666 wrote: first thing i did was check for resources to do a custom UI for it. ;) (no, there isnt any!)
FTFY :wink:

I don't know the exact way of doing this (I'm not a full-time developer, just a hobbyist). I used old good Delphi7 for development so it may give some limitations here. Can you give me some more info about this (links, etc.)? In my case all GUI elements are programmed from scratch (I didn't use generated bitmaps from tools like knobman). But think it's somehow possible to incorporate a bottom layer bitmap into the GUI (so it will draw all the elements on top).
To keep it in context, you could ask on the "DSP and Developement" forum, here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Doubtless there are devs and/or "hobbyists" who will be glad to help/point you (or someone interested) to the right sources/proceedures, etc,.

Good job with your tutorial also, btw. 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Very excellent, yes it excels in the ent.

Steps not just octaves, easy to move buttons, not sure if it has swing just yet.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Very Nice... Just what is needed ... More Arps..
The Key Select "Chord" function is a blast.. How do you Trigger/Retrigger? Will like to see it go up to 32 steps..
Sweet.. :love:

This looks pretty impressive! He should've entered this in the upcoming DC12. I'm certain it would get a lot of votes!

I haven't used it but I like the GUI from what I can see - well laid out, easy to read. Who can ask for more??

Just decided to test it myself with Ableton Live 8.2.5. Weird - for some reason Plugin.process() is not called from the host. Tried to add a fake audio out - process() is being called, but MIDI out disapperaed. Weird. Even more - trying to get Kirnu work there - no MIDI out too. Maybe something with Ableton settings? (I'm noob in Ableton, using FL). But I'll better go to dev section with this.

Also fighting some rare, but strange crashes in FL and performing some GUI optimizations.

After that, next 2 things in my ToDo list:
1. Extend it to 64 steps (up to 4 pages (A B C D), up to 16 steps per page)
2. Patch browser, save\load banks and patches

What do you think?

graywolf2004 wrote:But I'll better go to dev section with this.

After that, next 2 things in my ToDo list:

What do you think?
:tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Hi
Thank you !

Would you have a full size screeshot or a website explaining the features ?
(The 13min Youtube video is small and takes forever to read on my slow connection, so anything like a full size pic, a pdf manual or a webpage would help to know the plugin ;))

:tu: :clap: :wheee: :love:

graywolf2004 wrote: After that, next 2 things in my ToDo list:

What do you think?
How about 'Gate per Step'(Length)... unless I am missing something here.. :?:

This arp is great. I tested it with Reaper 4 afterr looking for ages for a pattern arp. The closest thing would be Catanya (which is very, very good and easy to use) but it only allows for 3 note chords.

Yes , the interface could be better and easier to work with but I am happy with the retro look.

The only problem is that I couldn't save my patterns. Any help with this would be appreciated. Assuming there was this functionality and an easy way to organise my patterns and there were no bugs I would even pay for this.

Great job!

Rajah wrote:How about 'Gate per Step'... unless I am missing something here.. :?:
The idea is good, I thought of it too. Not hard to implement, really. But on the other side, I don't want to overload the interface with something that's not necessary (maybe). What do others think? If I place "Gate" bar next to "Velocity" bar for example?

Return to “Instruments”