BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

animaniac3k wrote:The only problem is that I couldn't save my patterns. Any help with this would be appreciated. Assuming there was this functionality and an easy way to organise my patterns and there were no bugs I would even pay for this.
Implementing presets is in my ToDo list, but for now it should at least save your current pattern with the project (it works for me in FL). Does it work for you?

... Thanks to BRP !
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2012/09 ... st-plugin/

Btw, is there a glide feature ?

This looks great - I guess a preset feature would be a key thing for me too. Good work!

graywolf2004 wrote:
Rajah wrote:How about 'Gate per Step'... unless I am missing something here.. :?:
The idea is good, I thought of it too. Not hard to implement, really. But on the other side, I don't want to overload the interface with something that's not necessary (maybe). What do others think? If I place "Gate" bar next to "Velocity" bar for example?
I can't play with this until the weekend, but:

+1 for "gate".

+1 for "slide".

+1 for "save/load" presets.

and may I add (if not there) "export" as MIDI.

I did happen to notice the *expansion* without cluttering "room" next to and under the "note-out/velocity" 'boxes' placement on that bar. :)

Serendipity. :wink:

[aside] I actually like the interface also, but if there is a way to implement "skinning", that could be easily documented/tutorialed, that will open up an area of interest to/for many who like to be able to create "themes" (more or less) which can often be emotional, and/or just find it 'stimulating', whether real or imaginary.[2c]
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

sinkmusic wrote:Btw, is there a glide feature ?
It's possible to do glides if you configure your synth as mono, with legato ON and portamento time > 0. Then, it you mark step type as "tie", next noteOff from the previous step will be sent after noteOn from the current step. I'll cover it in next tutorials.
The key thing - synth should be configured to glide the between the keys when they overlap (press A, press B, release A, release B), and not to glide when they don't (press A, release A, press B, release B).

graywolf2004 wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:Btw, is there a glide feature ?
It's possible to do glides if you configure your synth as mono, with legato ON and portamento time > 0. Then, it you mark step type as "tie", next noteOff from the previous step will be sent after noteOn from the current step. I'll cover it in next tutorials.
The key thing - synth should be configured to glide the between the keys when they overlap (press A, press B, release A, release B), and not to glide when they don't (press A, release A, press B, release B).
Cool, thanks... noted.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thanks a lot. I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

If i remeber well, many was asking for a good arp,
- now they got it!

I found very innovative and useful the "missing key" stuff!
Many time i wished to have a more predictable arp.
Great idea! :tu: :clap:

You have already answered my wish list:
More than 16 steps, gate/step, save/load :)
so it's on the right track to get a great arp.

How about swing in it?

Wishing all the best luck with it!

Thank you,:)
Joseph

Thanks! It's a great arp, and a lot of features!
Only strange thing is when I load it in REAPER, it isn't blue at all - it rather has a fair gray background... :shock: :wink:

But on the upside, I got no crashes so far... :)

It works great in Cubase, i load it as an istrument and drive Zebra with it, just had to select BlueARP as midi in.

Only problem with the GUI it's transparent, so it's picks up the
picture of the windows, what is behind, and those pictures remains if i move the ARP window.

My solution was to open it on a clean background, then it was ok.
But if i move the window it will smear some parts.

Anyway working well.

I'v got another idea - not so good about cluttering the GUI -
to add 2 more lines (next the gate) for controller modulation.
So we could modulate filter cutoff, resonance etc...

For this weekend I'll concentrate on 64 steps and some GUI debugging. Let's summarize all the thoughts regarding functionality later, just too much to keep in mind for now.
hollo wrote:Only problem with the GUI it's transparent, so it's picks up the
picture of the windows, what is behind, and those pictures remains if i move the ARP window.
Can you drop me a screenshot to <my nickname>@gmail.com? Just to have an idea. I'll send you a debug exe (just a GUI as standalone) to check if it's a general windows issue or only happens inside your DAW.

graywolf2004 wrote:For this weekend I'll concentrate on 64 steps and some GUI debugging. Let's summarize all the thoughts regarding functionality later, just too much to keep in mind for now.
hollo wrote:Only problem with the GUI it's transparent, so it's picks up the
Can you drop me a screenshot to <my nickname>@gmail.com? Just to have an idea. I'll send you a debug exe (just a GUI as standalone) to check if it's a general windows issue or only happens inside your DAW.
Hi,

it seems to be a great plug in..congrats :love:
But there is no MIDI out at all (and it's not running) in Live 8.3.4 32 bit Win7 64
Cheers..

guppi wrote: But there is no MIDI out at all (and it's not running) in Live 8.3.4 32 bit Win7 64
Cheers..
Yeah, yesterday I discovered it myself. It looks like a Live issue - it doesn't handle pure MIDI plugins the way FL Studio and Cubase do (it doesn't call process() routine). But there's a possible workaround - to add fake audio outputs (I beleive Kirnu works this way).
Stay tuned, I'll post a version with fake audio as soon as I get it work with Ableton myself (testing on 8.2.5).
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shabdahbriah wrote:
+1 for "gate".

+1 for "slide".

+1 for "save/load" presets.

and may I add (if not there) "export" as MIDI.
+1000

And thanks for the freebee graywolf2004!! Love free Arps/Seqs and there is def NOT enough quality ones out there. Thanks!! :love:
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Return to “Instruments”