BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Update: BlueARP v2.04
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.04.zip

BugFixes only - 2 bugs mentioned above.
OSX version will be updated later, I have to fix one GUI bug on OSX

So I tried 2.03 x64 in Studio One on the weekend. Only two BlueArp instances, but it was rock solid, pattern chainer included. Nice work!

How to set it up in Renoise???

Anyone noticed the arp is latched? BTW I checked the latch mode.

Hi,
nice update, but there is stil a bug in the latch funktion.
the arp runs two times through the pattern and then it stops after some steps.
example:
- fl is in pattern mode and playing.
- bluearp is 1/8 beat, restart at key (on beat, the same behaviour)
- after hit a key on the keyboard, the arp start running as it should, two beats
- the third beat, the arp stops at step 5; always

hope this helps you and is reproducable
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

m5g wrote:How to set it up in Renoise???
Renoise don't support MIDI plugins.

But you can maybe use rewire for this:
from the renoise website:
"Connect Renoise to hardware synths or plug-in instruments, to send and receive notes and controller changes. Sync Renoise in either master or slave mode."

I experienced some random crashes in REAPER 4.72 using BlueARP 2.04 last night (Windows 8). This is actually the first time I've had any trouble like this in REAPER. I'm not sure whether it was 2.04 of BlueARP or something else but the crashes occurred during BlueARP tweaking.
I was working on a new song so I didn't grab the crash log but I will do next time.
Earlier versions of BlueARP seemed to be pretty solid here.

ZXOxo67 wrote:Hi,
nice update, but there is stil a bug in the latch funktion.
the arp runs two times through the pattern and then it stops after some steps.
example:
- fl is in pattern mode and playing.
- bluearp is 1/8 beat, restart at key (on beat, the same behaviour)
- after hit a key on the keyboard, the arp start running as it should, two beats
- the third beat, the arp stops at step 5; always

hope this helps you and is reproducable
Couldn't reproduce this in FL Studio, tried both v10 and v11. Only idea I have is that DAW suspends the plugin after some idle time. Can you send me a project file with this error?
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AusDisciple wrote:I experienced some random crashes in REAPER 4.72 using BlueARP 2.04 last night (Windows 8). This is actually the first time I've had any trouble like this in REAPER. I'm not sure whether it was 2.04 of BlueARP or something else but the crashes occurred during BlueARP tweaking.
I was working on a new song so I didn't grab the crash log but I will do next time.
Earlier versions of BlueARP seemed to be pretty solid here.
Was it 32 ot 64 bit version of BlueARP? (the same question about Reaper).
Do these crashes happen only with multi-instance usage?
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Update: BlueARP v2.05
Windows x86 & x64:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.05.zip
OSX:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.05.zip

Changes:
1. Added 'gate per step' option (reflected in the manual)
2. Fixed bug with force to scale mode
3. Updated the manual

Gate per step (new value bar "GATE TIME" under "VELOCITY") works as a multiplier for step length. Generated note may be longer than a step. Say you have gate time 60% and set gate per step to 4x. It means generated note will be 60%*4 = 2,4 steps long. I think it will be useful to mimic guitar strumming. Or use it for complex bass lines, when one lower note sustains through the pattern. Saying other way, it adds polyphony of some sort.
Patch format didn't change (I reserved space for gate per step before).

PS. Just wonder - did someome really read the manual? (or at least used it for quick reference)

Does Reaper (64) remember which patch you had in BlueArp when you load a project?
Mine doesn't, I have to manually select the BlueArp patch when I open a project.
Using BlueArp 2.05.
Thanks

Privet Oleg,

Thanks for your newest update it really nice to have per step gate..
Now there's still a backward compatibility error with presets I made with v1.5 (.fst presets). Do I need to do something to solve this?

Bolshoe spacibo :)

Hi GrayWolf, 2.05 64 crashes when I try to load an old song in FL Studio 64, should I send you the project file so you can see what's causing it?

Hi, Graywolf
Thank you for the update.
graywolf2004 wrote:PS. Just wonder - did someome really read the manual? (or at least used it for quick reference)
Yes ;)

Return to “Instruments”