BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Some good news. I almost fixed GUI performance issues. With my slow-CPU test, new bluearp had around 15% CPU usage vs current stable version - 10-12% CPU.
Now, with IPlug, it took me 10 minutes to compile VST3 version on PC, quick check in FL showed everything working OK. AU for MAC should be possible also.

graywolf2004 wrote:What exactly do you expect from 'midi thru'? BlueARP has differences from Kirnu. In Kirnu, you can split keyboard, ohe half passes the notes thru, other half makes them arpeggiated. In BlueARP, you can mimick the same thing using 'input range' option with 2 instances of BlueARP. If you uncheck 'arp enabled' and leave 'midi thru' checked it will pass the notes thru (but only within the input range - other notes will be ignored). Is it what you expect and it doesn't work, or you expect something different?
Sorry, my bad then. I was thinking a different thing then. What i meant is that, when i play BlueArp with my midi controller, i still want to be able to control the triggered synths knobs with the knobs on my midi controller. It's possible with Kirnu, but it doesn't seem to be possible with BlueArp, or is it?

Actually the definition of midi thru, according to Wikipedia is exactly what i described above, i'm a bit confused now. :?

chk071 wrote:Sorry, my bad then. I was thinking a different thing then. What i meant is that, when i play BlueArp with my midi controller, i still want to be able to control the triggered synths knobs with the knobs on my midi controller. It's possible with Kirnu, but it doesn't seem to be possible with BlueArp, or is it?
Oh, I see. Currently bluearp filteres out all CC messages except mod wheel and aftertouch. I added this feature (passing all CC messages) a while ago, but then it made me a problem with some VST synths. I automated some cintrol on bluearp, but vst synth attached to bluarp treated it as it's own control change and the patch got messed up.
Maybe make it configurable option?

I have no idea tbh. Is it a general problem with midi arpeggiators that they "share" their Midi CC's, when they have the option to pass through control messages to the plugin they trigger? I never used another arpeggiator than BlueArp and Kirnu, so i don't know really.

Btw, there's some issue i'm having when loading BlueArp in the VST instruments rack in Cubase Elements 6 32-bit on Windows 8.1 64-bit: 50% of the time, when i load it in the rack, i get a permanent, saw wave like, loud, scramble noise, which i can only stop by closing Cubase. It doesn't seem to have to do with midi input or anything, as, when i click the panic button, it won't stop. I usually do like this: I add a VSTi to an instrument track, e.g. Dune BE, then i load BlueArp in the Cubase VST instrument rack. As i said, about every 2nd time i get the noise then. Hope that helps, if you need more info, just tell me.

Edit: Oh, here's someone possibly reporting the same problem: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p5643480

I have the same issue (that noise) in Nuendo 64 bit on Windows 7.

But I love this arp.

Version BlueArp v1.15b3 fixed the brainspawn problem. Thank you! What a great Plugin!!
pedrosura

HI all. Sorry for delay, I have a hard time on my day job.
Still finishing new PC/MAC version, goes fairly well. I fixed the GUI performance issues, implemented patches, main menu, pattern chains.
Major things left to do - color schemes and backward compatibility (patch format has changed, but I'm planning to make a conversion routine to make it backward-compatible). Planning to upload new version next weekend.

I just posted a new tune using Bazille which makes extensive use of BlueARP 1.15b3 tweaked in realtime. Here's the link for those interested... http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=412534

Hi all, first I like to say that I found the whole thread awesome. I wanna try out the Arp, witch I'm positive I would keep on using, but I can't make it work. I'm using Cubase 5, and the Arp load fine, recognize MIDI but doest make sound. I'm using Diva as a synth, and I change the "midi in" of Diva to the BlueArp. I change the ports and everything but I can't make work. Any help would be appreciated, since I really would like a good Arp for Diva and other Vst. Thanks to all and to graywolf, you're amazing.

EDIT: Solve, I just didn't active the record Button in both tracks :dog: Looks great, I'm gonna check it out deeply.

I asked on the Nora thread but I'm still not completely sure - what does Nora do that BlueArp doesn't? Squareheads didn't want to say what the differences were, for reasons I can't understand. I would have thought they would have taken pleasure in stating "Nora does this,this and this, which BlueArp can't do". Does anybody here use Nora and BlueArp, and can you fill me in on the differences?

HI all. Here are betas for Windows and OSX.

Windows version (yet 32-bit only)
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.01.zip
OSX version
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.01.zip

Comparing to 1.15b3, features not imlemented yet:
1. Patch (bank\program) compatibility with versions 1.1x
2. GUI Settings (fine velocity and semitone range)
3. Skins as separate files
4. For OSX - skins do not work yet, PC version reads skins from skins\default.ini file

Those who have issues with 1.15b3 - please check them with this version.

Downloaded and will continue to test. Great work Graywolf. :tu:

Privet Oleg,

Molodetz for this great job.. Just wanted to ask you: FL Studio internal presets for BlueARP I made, I can't use them with the new version. I tried to rename the plugin into (BlueARP.dll) and I got many error messages (c++ runtime error)
:) I'm so grateful to you mate thank You

Hi GreyWolf and everybody!

I hope this is an appropriate place for a new member (and a non-developer who is new to the world of VSTs) to post a very newbie question about BlueArp.

I saw Oleg's video showing how to use BlueArp in FL Studio (it was great!); but I use LMMS as my VST host. Can BlueArp be used in conjunction with LMMS; and if so, would someone be willing to provide simple step-by-step instructions telling me what I need to do to be able to enjoy Oleg's BlueArp, like so many other people do?

thanks!
Andy

Return to “Instruments”