BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

TheKid wrote: Donated 10 bucks to keep you at least a little bit motivated. I really appreciate the effort you invested in developing BlueARP. Keep on rocking. :)
yeah, i donated too. thank you for the reminder. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

TheKid, murnau Thanks for donations. If them could keep me paying my bills, I'd happily switch from my dayjob to BlueARP and music stuff. But anyway, it's a pleasure when people pay you some money of their own will )

dbender Great, I will as soon as I have 1st protopype on mac.

dazarz Thank you, have fun making your music )

PS. This weekend still migrating my code. Some progress, but a long way to go.

yeah i just donated too. this is the best and most stable arp, and i have most of them worth owning.

Thanks again!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

I'm still fighting with code migration, problems seem to be never ending.
I posted the technical issues here.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=405938

Maybe another devs will give me some tips, cause I'm close to quit the whole idea, too many problems and no evidence it's even possible to get the reliable result.

nexussynth Thank you )

Well, maybe it's not that bad. What about this?
It's a GUI only prototype, it does nothing, so still a long way to go.
But at least it starts and even responds to some mouse events.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quick update
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/BlueARP_v1.15b3.zip

- Shoud fix high pitch noise bug mentioned above. I added zeroing audio buffer in process().
- Minor fix for patter chains

(it's the stable win 32\64 version, I'm keeping it intact while working on mac + win version)
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graywolf2004 wrote:Well, maybe it's not that bad. What about this?
It's a GUI only prototype, it does nothing, so still a long way to go.
But at least it starts and even responds to some mouse events.
:tu: i like it! ..and thank you for another update!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

hi oleg,
:help: please can you give me a little hint? if i play with reset mode on "key" the the last played note is hanging, if i get my hands of the keyboard. is it a bug or should i do a config in the fl wrapper? (FL11 and last wrapper version)

all in all blue arp works great :clap:
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

thanks for the update!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

ZXOxo67 wrote:hi oleg,
:help: please can you give me a little hint? if i play with reset mode on "key" the the last played note is hanging, if i get my hands of the keyboard. is it a bug or should i do a config in the fl wrapper? (FL11 and last wrapper version)

all in all blue arp works great :clap:
Woops.. It's a bug, I don't know how I missed it, probably cause I didn't check it for a long time. Here's a quick fix
Pls check and tell me if it works, I did only a quick test

graywolf2004 wrote:Woops.. It's a bug, I don't know how I missed it, probably cause I didn't check it for a long time. Here's a quick fix
Pls check and tell me if it works, I did only a quick test
Hi Oleg,
now it works fine. tested 32 and 64 bit version, no hanging notes. great
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

Found this late but after giving it a spin I love it. Thank you for the work. I gave what little I could spare to the donation option. Wish I had more to give. Great stuff.
fade me out.

This ARP looks great, i wish i can get it working in Cubase 6.5.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

exactly for what do I need a step off button? I can see which steps are active without this function ;)

BasariStudios wrote:This ARP looks great, i wish i can get it working in Cubase 6.5.
What are exact symptoms? Does it show up, do the lights run when you press play? Is it 64-bit Cubase? Should work in Cubase, on my PC no problems both in SX3 (32 bit) and AI6 (64 bit)
crazyfiltertweaker wrote:exactly for what do I need a step off button? I can see which steps are active without this function ;)
Not quite clear. Do you mean STEP TYPE bar? What's your suggestion? )

All Sorry for long delays, I'm busy with my work, also I spent a lot of time trying different things with Mac version. I'm finally disappointed in Delphi FireMonkey, it's not possible to develop something robust using it - even on Windows. I did a lot of work but I have quite unstable FireMonkey BlueARP version, which has several dirty hacks just to work. Yes, I was even possible to run it on Mac (see screenshot above). but the reaction to any mouse event has 0,5 secons delay. It's not even too slow, it's a complete show stopper. So much time wasted...
The only good thing - It's quite easy to add GUI scaling. But since the whole thing is instable, no big sense to do it. So finally yet I'm staying with the current (Delphi VCL) version which is stable. At least, if there any more bugs, they are MY bugs (which I can fix), not Delphi bugs. With Delphi FireMonkey, it's 50/50.
Next thing - I'm exploring other development tools to go multi-platform. Currently trying WDL and IPlug.

Return to “Instruments”