BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

phreaque wrote:Hello dear Oleg,

Hope you're doing well & enjoying summer :)

I noticed something in Bluearp 2.2.2
The Cur_Chain is assigned to an automation. It works fine with a single instance of BlueArp
But once I added 2nd instance, the automation never gives any effect to the Cur_Chain.
And appears in the list of controllers:
Cur_Chain
Cur_Chain # 2

Of course each instance of BlueArp are handling a different midi out channel.
Hi. Yes, I had a great vacation, hope you too.
I never had issues automating current chain on several instances of Bluearp. Just chacked to be sure - no problems. I use FL12, afaik you use FL too. Can you send me your project to re-produce the error?

Update: BlueARP v2.2.3 (Windows & OSX)
Download links are here:
http://graywolf2004.net/wp/?page_id=35

This is bugfix-only release:
1. Fixed Bitwig bug reported by svervs

Please test it and let me know if it works. I debugged with Bitwig 1.3.9 on Windows.

graywolf2004 wrote: 1. Fixed Bitwig bug reported by svervs

Please test it and let me know if it works. I debugged with Bitwig 1.3.9 on Windows.
Wohoo ... Thanks a lot for this superfast fix...!!
Working perfectly fine here: Bitwig 1.3.12 on OSX :arrow: :hyper:

Dear Oleg,

I PM'd you. Thanks

Hi there! Very nice tool! It's an awesome toy to play with, hehe. :hihi: But I'd like to know something about the arpegiattor because I couldn't find anything about my doubt: What does mean the asterisk (*) which appears beside several values in the radiobutton rows? It usually changes the pattern and it starts to sound sligthtly different. I can not understand what does it mean and I cannot imagine how could I quit/revert this... :cry: thanks

It indicates that you have more than 1 key or octave active on 1 step, in polyphonic mode. See page 20 of the manual.

svervs wrote:It indicates that you have more than 1 key or octave active on 1 step, in polyphonic mode. See page 20 of the manual.
Thanks a lot! :pray:

I've got a very strange problem with Mainstage (version 3.0.4) and the Blue ARP.

I have setup 2 patches with Blue ARP active and have an arp which is about 16 steps. Everytime when I do a patch switch the ARP starts at step 5 instead of step 1.

I already tried different settings (restart on key or 1st note) but both of the settings aren't working.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I installed the latest version of the Audio Unit from Blue ARP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Really a great ARP/Sequencer :tu:

Donation is sent :)

I think I've discovered two tiny bugs:
When reducing the Steps to only 1, K1-5 don't arpeggiate, Rt and Fix do.

And if you use the the scroll wheel inside the graphic Key Select area you get some weird selections. Scrolling up down over the Key Select buttons works as expected.

:tu:

BlueArp2.2.3
OS X 10.10.5
Bitwig 1.3.12

EnGee wrote:Really a great ARP/Sequencer :tu:

Donation is sent :)
Thank you!

mvd83 wrote:I've got a very strange problem with Mainstage (version 3.0.4) and the Blue ARP.

I have setup 2 patches with Blue ARP active and have an arp which is about 16 steps. Everytime when I do a patch switch the ARP starts at step 5 instead of step 1.

I already tried different settings (restart on key or 1st note) but both of the settings aren't working.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I installed the latest version of the Audio Unit from Blue ARP.
It's really odd. Will try to debug it this weekend. Can you send me a small sample project?

Hi everyone:

First, I would like to thank Oleg for developing such a great VST. Then, I want to address my issue with BlueARP which is being able to control it with a MIDI controller. I cannot seem to do this at all as BlueARP seems to just "swallow" all the incoming CC messages. Also, I cannot use Reaper's MIDI learn functionality while BlueARP is activated in my track and I cannot figure out how to link any of the programs' sliders to my controller's knobs. Do any of you guys use this software with a controller under Reaper? If so, how should I proceed about this?

Thanks!

yourantifriend wrote:Hi everyone:

First, I would like to thank Oleg for developing such a great VST. Then, I want to address my issue with BlueARP which is being able to control it with a MIDI controller. I cannot seem to do this at all as BlueARP seems to just "swallow" all the incoming CC messages. Also, I cannot use Reaper's MIDI learn functionality while BlueARP is activated in my track and I cannot figure out how to link any of the programs' sliders to my controller's knobs. Do any of you guys use this software with a controller under Reaper? If so, how should I proceed about this?

Thanks!
Hi. BlueARP shouldnt have any problems with automation.
But to narrow your problem, please check if you can automate any other VST like Synth1 for example.
If it works, probably some issue with bluearp and your version of reaper.
If it doesnt work either, likely you have something wrong with your controller settings or reaper settings.

PS. Just checked in Reaper 5.17, win10, works as it should (click on Param buttom - Learn).

Reaper's MIDI learn with BlueARP still works fine in latest (5.24) release as well. Have you enabled your controller for control in Reaper preferences?

Return to “Instruments”