BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

svervs wrote:I think I've discovered two tiny bugs:
When reducing the Steps to only 1, K1-5 don't arpeggiate, Rt and Fix do.

And if you use the the scroll wheel inside the graphic Key Select area you get some weird selections. Scrolling up down over the Key Select buttons works as expected.
:tu:
BlueArp2.2.3
OS X 10.10.5
Bitwig 1.3.12
When reducing steps to 1, it should't arpeggiate, but key selection should still work. It's yet undocumented feature, I used it in my 'Classic trance' performance for bass in 'break' section of a song. I pressed 2 or 3-key chord but needed non-arpeggiated sustained bass for key1. I'll check it with Rt and Fix, should behave the same.
Fixed it already with KeySelect (it will be ver 2.2.4).

Hi all. This is a weird example of using BlueARP in rock music.
I cant play guitar (just some basic chords, it doesnt count), but my Motif XS has pretty good guitar sounds (probably best for a synth), even distorted guitars.
While debugging bluearp's midi engine I recreated galloping bass line from 'Trooper', but finally went on with rythm guitar and drums.
I could also play guitar solo, but it's not abouit my keyboard playing skills...
Don't worry, it won't follow with black death metal, it's just an experiment )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9nrSewV8xo

Where are your vocals? "YOU'LL TAKE MY LIFE BUT I'LL TAKE YOURS TOO!" :party:
Love it. :)

graywolf2004 wrote:Hi all. This is a weird example of using BlueARP in rock music...
:love: :clap:

Thanks again for BlueARP, this really rocks! I love it!

I've got an issue with automation in FL Studio 12.3 and BlueArp 2.2.3 (32 bits):
Key select and Octave are in mono mode (not polyphonic mode).

When I record automation by moving values in the matrix, for instance, raising octave from 0 to +1, the record automation gets is wrong, and sets random polyphonic values, like -3 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 instead of just a mono +1

Any remarks on that?

Thanks a lot and have fun developing this great plugin as much as I have fun testing it!! ;)

Hi there! Since BlueARP seems to be the most fully-featured and actively developed free arp VST, I have one small (maybe) feature request: Poly Aftertouch as the output note velocity source. Can't seem to find any arps whatsoever that can allow for multiple, simultaneous notes, with independent note velocity set by poly pressure.

With this, it would be possible to simulate MPC style note-repeat for drums, being able to vary note-velocity of multiple notes, simultaneously. Lot's of folks have been looking for this functionality for quite some time...

Thanks all the same, keep up the good work!

I updated/changed the display of the gray and white skins:

Last edited by studio4 on Wed May 23, 2018 10:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image

studio4 wrote:I updated/changed the display of the gray and white skins:

studio.zip
The skin looks great but Chrome is blocking download of the zip file indicating it is malware.

That's strange. Maybe because it is an .ini-file? Could you download the previous version or was it blocked as well? I can upload it here as an attachment or if that still doesn't work as .txt-file (you need to change it to .ini then).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by studio4 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

skin as txt-file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by studio4 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Two more:

Last edited by studio4 on Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:The skin looks great but Chrome is blocking download of the zip file indicating it is malware.
Press CTRL+J to go to the download page and choose recover file.

studio4, thanks for the skins! :)

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:The skin looks great but Chrome is blocking download of the zip file indicating it is malware.
Press CTRL+J to go to the download page and choose recover file.

studio4, thanks for the skins! :)
Thanks, I was able to get them on IE without issue.

Is there a guide on how to skin these? I've noticed that the hex values I've tried entering to play around with skinning these haven't worked. Someone mentioned that these use a BRG color palette instead of RBG, but even then, I'm not always getting the color results I'm expecting.

Studio4, thanks for the skins. I'm using the gray/blue combo and it looks so much better than the default UI!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thanks, I was able to get them on IE without issue.
Good to hear. Gmail/Chrome apparently blocks certain file types:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?hl=en
Is there a guide on how to skin these? I've noticed that the hex values I've tried entering to play around with skinning these haven't worked. Someone mentioned that these use a BRG color palette instead of RBG, but even then, I'm not always getting the color results I'm expecting.
The colors are BGR and there was a skin_colors_map included with earlier versions:

Image Image

Where I get stuck is in trying to convert an RGB hex code into a BRG one. It doesn't seem quite as simple as taking the last two characters and moving them to the beginning of the code. I've googled BRG color wheels or values but haven't had much luck.

Return to “Instruments”