BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

chk071 wrote:Very cool. :tu: Wish you guys all the best for your project.
Indeed!

I also wish you, you three, a good luck with your project as well :) And thanks for all who are participating in skinning or/and presets :tu:

graywolf2004 wrote:
SayersWeb wrote:Any chance Nova Control will ever be able to import patches? It would really be amazing if it could.
Thanks!
I'm pretty sure no, sorry. I just dont have time for everything and BlueARP is a priority.
However, I released the source code of NovaControl (made with SynthMaker, now Flowstone) on sourceforge, so anyone can pick it up to modify it, study it or whatever you want.
Thank you for answering.... there is no other option for the Nova. Would you be willing to make the change and charge for the upgrade? I can't imagine it would take more than a couple hours of your time. Your Nova VST is a beautiful thing... just needs to be able to import existing patches. I am not a programmer, wish I could do it.

Good luck with the project! Will the main interface be a touchscreen, or button grid?

Also, still interested in the future development of BlueARP plugin, and especially the problem below.
.jon wrote:Is there any prospect of improving the timing accuracy of BlueARP? I know that it's not that crucial for performance, but it sometimes causes problems when using it as a sequencer. Notes can always be quantised after recording the passages, but at 256 samples buffer the timing jitter is sometimes big enough to affect the rhythmical feel and thus sound design and other decision-making before recording.

.jon wrote:Good luck with the project! Will the main interface be a touchscreen, or button grid?

Also, still interested in the future development of BlueARP plugin, and especially the problem below.
.jon wrote:Is there any prospect of improving the timing accuracy of BlueARP? I know that it's not that crucial for performance, but it sometimes causes problems when using it as a sequencer. Notes can always be quantised after recording the passages, but at 256 samples buffer the timing jitter is sometimes big enough to affect the rhythmical feel and thus sound design and other decision-making before recording.
Thanks for support. Currently we're in choice dilemma, but the best option goes for a tactile interface coupled with knobs buttons and sliders. The hard part will be the Matrix interface, since not only is it a metric butt ton of buttons to wire in, but it's also variable (between key select and scale note for example). So touchscreen it is for that sucker :D.
DJ Daemonix

Founder of Blaze Studios
www.youtube.com/BlazeProdsOfficial

Gentlemen, just my 5 coins. Anthony (aka DJ Daemonix) tries to decide what color a furniture will be on the 10th floor, while we didn't even yet finish a foundation of the building.
What I can promise with some certainity that there will be a 'BlueARP in a box' prototype with:
1. Simple small b/w screen (cause it's not an ipad or smartphone)
2. At least 1 midi in and midi out (more likely 2-3 midi outs)
3. Maybe - computer USB connection (for remote control from software)
4. Maybe - USB MIDI in
5. SD Card slot
6. 3d-printed or some basic square case

This thing will do all the same job BlueARP does, running up to 4 instances, but without a computer.
It will be able to load bluearp banks and programs and will share the same core code with the software bluearp.
The device itself will have limited editing possibilites, but it will be possible to automate any param and use
various MIDI controllers for that.
Software bluearp will remain freeware, no plans to change that.

I'm not sure there's a big market for such a thing (cause everyone goes software), but still there are a few hardware 'freaks' like me
who might be interested. At least for these people I hope we'll be able to make it in small series.

PS. Last but not least, it's a HUGE way to go. I alrealy did some basic prototyping with STM32F4, but it's just the very beginning.

You could base it on Raspberry Pi, maybe?

.jon wrote:Good luck with the project! Will the main interface be a touchscreen, or button grid?

Hi. I know about accuracy issue and tried some stuff already, but still no luck. The problem is BlueARP sends arpeggiated notes on process() call, i.e. each time hosts requests an audio buffer. And I dont yet know how to make it send notes on exact stap start. But somehow it's possible, since some other arps do that.
It's not of high proirity for me, but I have it in my ToDo list.

graywolf2004 wrote:Hi. I know about accuracy issue and tried some stuff already, but still no luck. The problem is BlueARP sends arpeggiated notes on process() call, i.e. each time hosts requests an audio buffer. And I dont yet know how to make it send notes on exact stap start. But somehow it's possible, since some other arps do that.
It's not of high proirity for me, but I have it in my ToDo list.
Ok, thanks for looking into it.

zxant wrote: 
You could base it on Raspberry Pi, maybe?
Actually, i'm the main guy in the team promoting Raspberry Pi, because of my long experience with it. However, most RB-Pi chips are not suited for the use, and the complaints of boot latency makes it even worse...

However, one new suspect has come into consideration for the drawing board : The Raspberry Pi Compute, who has internal flash, a crap ton of computing belly, and a plethora of GP-IO pins, 120 if my memory serves me well, for direct use with knobs and sliders of the prototype.

Also on the consideration, is Arduino, who has raw code capabilities, but also, to my disappointment, limited Computing, RAM, and EEpROM capacity. A major concern for the chips' eligibilities...
Graywolf (From Email) wrote: What do I need:
1. Good enough ARMv7 (or better) CPU running at 60 Mhz +
2. SDRAM installed, at least 1 MByte
3. External re-programmable flash, at least 1 MByte
4. USB OTG on-chip
5. At least 2 UARTS on-chip (4 is better)
6. SDIO interface on-chip
Most of it can be found on RB-Pi chips, at the expense of the internal storage, "crucial" if i quote Oleg.
I'll also add to the list the need of fast boot times, as nobody will want a 40-seconds-booting BlueARP machine, would you ?

If any of these usual suspects come to your mind, feel free to notify me.
DJ Daemonix

Founder of Blaze Studios

Gentlemen, let's not bring too much of this technical discussion here. We can make short announcments of our progress (which is not far from the start right now), but not more.
This thread is about software BlueARP, and most people here, who are musicians (either hobbyist or professional), may not know what is ARM or UART...
I'll make a separate thread in the hardware forum later.

Hi everyone,

I need some help. I work in FL Studio 12 and want to use BlueArp with an native FL synth, but they aren't VST's.... So how do I set it up if I want to use Sytrus or Harmor in combination with BlueArp? I use it with other VST's no problem, it's awesome, but I could never get it to work with native synths.

Many thanks in advance!

Use Patcher !

F.I. put Patcher on a track load sytrus in patcher , load (instrument !) BlueArp, (midi out BlueArp->midi in Sytrus) set blueArp outputport to anything but --- so 0,1 etc will do, And you're done !

LexDV wrote:Hi everyone,

I need some help. I work in FL Studio 12 and want to use BlueArp with an native FL synth, but they aren't VST's.... So how do I set it up if I want to use Sytrus or Harmor in combination with BlueArp? I use it with other VST's no problem, it's awesome, but I could never get it to work with native synths.

Many thanks in advance!

You're a hero, thanks man!

Personally i managed to transform PoiZone, a FL Plugin, into VST plugin. This can be achieved for some plugins by cloning files from plugin into VST folder (PoiZone becomes PoiZone_x64). Good alternative to Patcher wiring ^^
DJ Daemonix

Founder of Blaze Studios

hello to all.

I am a very happy new user of the bluearp vst.
It is greaaaat :-)

As a fan of JMJ, i am trying to make equinoxe sequence ...

But i cannot get the trill effect (listen to equinoxe 5 for example).

This effect is done with some glide from the synth, and , i suppose, by retrigerring the note when played from the keyboard, by the sequencer.

this is more or less what is done here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u03ONjHeEk0

BUT, i tried many configuration with bluearp, i cannot do the same.
Any explanation ? am i wrong in my configuration in bluearp, or is it a limitation in the vst ?

Many thanks for your answers .. and long life to greywolf !

Return to “Instruments”