BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Hey GrayWolf. It Loads, it shows, everything is correct, connect it, i can trigger notes in a nother VST thru the ARPs track but it does not run as an ARP, meaning, the arp itself is ticking and working but it does not trigger the other VST. I know how it works and everything but for some reason it will not trigger the other VST input and yes, i use Play on the DAW.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

You don't have to have the daw in play mode.
Did you select the right input for your vsti's ?

Yes...i have the right input. Watching one of the developers videos he says that the DAW must be in PLAY mode. How i know i have the right input is the fact that, if i use the Track that the ARP is on if i play notes it triggers the VST on the other Track but only by playing notes, the ARP it self will not trigger it. I am on Cubase 6.5.5 using both in 32 bit.

BasariStudios wrote:Yes...i have the right input. Watching one of the developers videos he says that the DAW must be in PLAY mode. How i know i have the right input is the fact that, if i use the Track that the ARP is on if i play notes it triggers the VST on the other Track but only by playing notes, the ARP it self will not trigger it. I am on Cubase 6.5.5 using both in 32 bit.
Insert BlueArp as VSTi by pressing F11. Then you will have the BlueArp as a choice in the input of the other instrument.
Enable 'Monitor' in the instrument, then highlight BlueArp and play some notes (no need to be in play mode in the host).

Thanks guys and Engee, i finally got it to work...stupid Monitoring was the problem, forgot to enable.

Some notes on my progress. I started playing with WDL-OL, had some hard time switching from old good pascal to C++. So far so good, I recreated half of my GUI elements and I really have the same code working both on PC and Mac. Fantastic.
Still a lot of stuff to do, but this way seems more reliable.
Even drop down menues work like a charm (with Firemonkey it was awful).
BlueARP_proto_win.png
BlueARP_proto_mac.png
Fonts are bigger on Mac, but it's a tiny issue. I didn't polish it yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Good work! Looking forward to it… :hyper:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

great news! my respect!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Nice !
Thank you for your efforts !

I discovered this just the other day and made an account here just to say its awsome, many thanks and keep up the good work! :clap:

@ Mekoz same same =)
Good work Oleg

20 skins for BlueARP by Valentin Zechiu:

Download here:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/BLUE_ ... by_V.Z.zip

Again, some notes on my progress.
So far goes well (knock on the wood...).
I have a VST 2.4 prototype running both on Win in FL and on OSX in Reaper.
On GUI side, I recreated everything except matrix, main menu and patch menu. But overall menus work fine, so I expect no surprises here. The prototype already receives and sends MIDI signals - fine on both Win and Mac.
Screenshots:
BlueARP-WDL-2014-04-13-win.png
BlueARP-WDL-2014-04-13-mac.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Congratulations! Great work! Looking forward to a Mac beta…

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Hi all. I think 1st mac\win prototype will be ready next weekend. Need to fix some known bugs. Just tested it on Mac in Reaper demo, seems to work OK.
This version will have no main menu, no patches (only 1 patch), but all functionality within one patch (pages, pattern shift, etc.) should work.

Return to “Instruments”