BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Just wanted to chime in with some more gratitude for BlueARP. My latest OSC track used 8 instances of 2.13, and it behaved admirably. The "restart on 1st note" feature is brilliant. Thanks again, Oleg!

chk071 wrote:... i got Kirnu Cream CM, but never really figured out the way it works, BlueArp is so much more intuitive and clear...
Yeah, I've got the CM edition also. Although they seem compatible, I find bluearp much easier and faster to work with. Not to mention Kirnu CM's limitations to 4 patterns and 4 memoryslots (or something like that).

Finally also found a way to record Bluearp's output as midi in a new channel in FL Studio. Now we're talking :D :D
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

Mc UB wrote:
chk071 wrote:... i got Kirnu Cream CM, but never really figured out the way it works, BlueArp is so much more intuitive and clear...
Yeah, I've got the CM edition also. Although they seem compatible, I find bluearp much easier and faster to work with.
And it's so intuitive. For Cream, i had to watch a video and still didn't get many things, with BlueArp i don't need anything, it's all clear from the GUI. Really good stuff.

phreaque wrote:To Ableton users:
I'm new to Live, swtiched from FL Studio.. I wonder if there's any ability to put BlueARP in a group consisting a VST or any instrument (just like putting Live's native ARP), so that I can set them all together and pack them as single group, it will be easier for me to recall them in other project.

Perhaps there will be a special midi routing? Or a simple VST to route the midi ports?
https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... atcher.htm :wink:

Hi Graywolf

Congratulations on BlueArp it keeps getting better and better!

Just wanted to report a minor bug and offer a few feature suggestions (currently using 2.13).

The bug is with MIDI in channel which is incorrect (it is off by a count of 1)
i.e. both “all” and channel 1 actually equal “all”, whereas all the others are out by one (e.g. midi input 3 actually reads from channel 2; 4 reads from 3 etc.)

Also, as a related suggestion, it would be useful if bluearp did not ”eat” data on midi channels that are not meant for it. This is not essential, but would save me a bit of routing and reduced track count in reaper when doing channel based keyboard splits (e.g. using piz midiKeySplit).

Similarly with the input filter it would be useful if this only affected arp processing while still passing the filtered range through as normal key presses.

Finally a feature request would be to add an option to keep velocities “as played” which can be useful for live performance where you actually want to keep the velocities of the played notes rather than set them in the matrix. This is the only feature from Cream CM which keeps me from switching entirely to bluearp which I would like to do especially because of the better program chain handing.

Anyway, hopefully these suggestion are useful and congratulations again on a useful tool which I did donate to a while back :)

Cheers,

provoc

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't figure it out so I'm hoping for a little help.
How on earth do I get the pattern to reset to the beginning in Reaper?
If I have a pattern of 16 or 32, say, and I want just to repeat the first 4 or 8, what do I do?
No matter what I do the whole pattern repeats. I've looked at the settings in BlueARP, I've looked at the settings and options in Reaper. I'm at a loss.
Can somebody please help me. Thanks.

Just set the number of steps? Hope i got your question right.

I want the pattern to start from the beginning as the notes change. Not just loop the whole pattern regardless of note pattern and length.

Hi Oleg,
maybe i found a bug.
If i try to change the input (wrap) parameter, bluearp cause to crash FL.
input range an truncate are ok
I use FL12.0.2, Bluearp 2.13
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

T-CM11 wrote:
phreaque wrote:To Ableton users:
I'm new to Live, swtiched from FL Studio.. I wonder if there's any ability to put BlueARP in a group consisting a VST or any instrument (just like putting Live's native ARP), so that I can set them all together and pack them as single group, it will be easier for me to recall them in other project.

Perhaps there will be a special midi routing? Or a simple VST to route the midi ports?
https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... atcher.htm :wink:
And I used to be an FL Studio user for 10 years :ud:

redmaggott wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't figure it out so I'm hoping for a little help.
How on earth do I get the pattern to reset to the beginning in Reaper?
If I have a pattern of 16 or 32, say, and I want just to repeat the first 4 or 8, what do I do?
No matter what I do the whole pattern repeats. I've looked at the settings in BlueARP, I've looked at the settings and options in Reaper. I'm at a loss.
Can somebody please help me. Thanks.

I apologise if this is a stupid question but if anybody could help, please, I'd really appreciate it.

In BlueARP, you could try the Restart on Key or Restart on 1st Key options. I'm not sure exactly what the control is called, though. Then just hit a new note when you want it to restart.

Thank you all for feedback. These weeks I heva a very tight schedule but I always check this thread.
I still have some ideas about new features for BlueARP. While playing bass covers (like the one I did on Daft Punk "Get lucky") I realized that I'm "one shot" option for pattern chains. It's like in arranger keyboards - you usually have "variations" and "fills". "fills" work like one-shot pattern and then returns to previous one.

provoc wrote:Hi Graywolf
Congratulations on BlueArp it keeps getting better and better!
Just wanted to report a minor bug and offer a few feature suggestions (currently using 2.13).
The bug is with MIDI in channel which is incorrect (it is off by a count of 1)
i.e. both “all” and channel 1 actually equal “all”, whereas all the others are out by one (e.g. midi input 3 actually reads from channel 2; 4 reads from 3 etc.)
Also, as a related suggestion, it would be useful if bluearp did not ”eat” data on midi channels that are not meant for it. This is not essential, but would save me a bit of routing and reduced track count in reaper when doing channel based keyboard splits (e.g. using piz midiKeySplit).
Similarly with the input filter it would be useful if this only affected arp processing while still passing the filtered range through as normal key presses.
Finally a feature request would be to add an option to keep velocities “as played” which can be useful for live performance where you actually want to keep the velocities of the played notes rather than set them in the matrix. This is the only feature from Cream CM which keeps me from switching entirely to bluearp which I would like to do especially because of the better program chain handing.

Anyway, hopefully these suggestion are useful and congratulations again on a useful tool which I did donate to a while back :)

Cheers,
provoc
Thanks for smart comments, I feel like you really used bluearp a lot!
Regarding midi channels - yes, it's a bug, easy to fix... already fixed. PM me your email if you want an urgent update.
As for input filter - I like it the way it is, for keyboard-split performance you need to ignore notes outside the range. But it's relatively easy to add an option like "ignore/pass thru" for notes outside the range. I know Kirnu works this way (pass thru).
Regarding velocity - it's reasonable. Don't know yet how to do it better, but I'll consider it too. Maybe as another configurable option.

ZXOxo67 wrote:Hi Oleg,
maybe i found a bug.
If i try to change the input (wrap) parameter, bluearp cause to crash FL.
input range an truncate are ok
I use FL12.0.2, Bluearp 2.13
Yes, another bug, thanks. Fixed in 2.14

Return to “Instruments”