BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

redmaggott wrote:I want the pattern to start from the beginning as the notes change. Not just loop the whole pattern regardless of note pattern and length.
It's possible with restart on = key. But you need to release all keys for little while. If you hold one key and pressing another, it won't restart.

Thanks for the answer.

Also, thanks for BlueARP. It's fantastic.

Dear graywolf2004 , Thanks for such a great plugin, In the version of FL Studio 12.0.2 (x64) does not work with the plugin BlueArp x32 loved Vsti. (X64 - x32).
PS: Нашими словами еще хочу отметить , что многие проекты в Fl12 при загрузке плагина Ablue Arp завершается процесс FL . и не возможно дальше работать . Спасибо за понимание Thanks
Last edited by Javakhk on Fri May 29, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

graywolf2004 wrote: Thanks for smart comments, I feel like you really used bluearp a lot!
Regarding midi channels - yes, it's a bug, easy to fix... already fixed. PM me your email if you want an urgent update.
As for input filter - I like it the way it is, for keyboard-split performance you need to ignore notes outside the range. But it's relatively easy to add an option like "ignore/pass thru" for notes outside the range. I know Kirnu works this way (pass thru).
Regarding velocity - it's reasonable. Don't know yet how to do it better, but I'll consider it too. Maybe as another configurable option.
Hi Graywolf,

Thanks for the reply and both of those configurable options would be useful if you you are able to implement them. No rush on the midi channel fix I can wait for the next version.

Cheers,

provoc

Update: BlueARP v2.14
Windows:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.14.zip
OSX:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/Blu ... _v2.14.zip

Changes:
1. bugfix: "The bug is with MIDI in channel which is incorrect (it is off by a count of 1)", reported by provoc
2. bugfix: "If i try to change the input (wrap) parameter, bluearp cause to crash FL", reported by ZXOxo67
3. new option in Settings "keys out of input range". Sets whether to truncate notes outside the range or pass them non-arpeggiated (Kirnu way)
4. new option in Settings "output note velocity". Ability to force velocity from input key (not from 'VELOCITY' value bar)

09 June 2015 - added OSX version

Hello Oleg,

Thanks for this kind efforts releasing a new udpate. We appreciate your effort and your being so busy lately.

I want to report some issues here:

1. Switching Program Chains fails:
Windows 7, FL Studio 11.
Program Chains:
num. chains = 2
Current chain #1 : is calling specific arrangement (Program Sequence 1) which is calling a pre stored preset
Current chain #2 : is calling alternative arrangement (Program Sequence 2) also is calling a pre stored preset

I assigned (Current Chain) parameter to a hardware controller button to toggle between Chain 1 & Chain 2
From version 2.13 and on, when I press the controller button, I got no change in chains at all, the same arrangement is fixed... Unless I manually change the setting of (program chains - num. chains)
I attached there an illustration.

2. Calling up different preset when loading a project:
I have instances of Bluearp in a project, each one of them has specific arrangement which I didn't save it as a preset, I just save the whole project (flp). Now with version 2.14, when I load this project, all the Bluearp instances are reset to one of presets.

phreaque wrote:Hello Oleg,

Thanks for this kind efforts releasing a new udpate. We appreciate your effort and your being so busy lately.

I want to report some issues here:

1. Switching Program Chains fails:
Windows 7, FL Studio 11.
Program Chains:
num. chains = 2
Current chain #1 : is calling specific arrangement (Program Sequence 1) which is calling a pre stored preset
Current chain #2 : is calling alternative arrangement (Program Sequence 2) also is calling a pre stored preset

I assigned (Current Chain) parameter to a hardware controller button to toggle between Chain 1 & Chain 2
From version 2.13 and on, when I press the controller button, I got no change in chains at all, the same arrangement is fixed... Unless I manually change the setting of (program chains - num. chains)
I attached there an illustration.

2. Calling up different preset when loading a project:
I have instances of Bluearp in a project, each one of them has specific arrangement which I didn't save it as a preset, I just save the whole project (flp). Now with version 2.14, when I load this project, all the Bluearp instances are reset to one of presets.
Thanks for the report. Regarding p.1, yes, looks like a bug - num chains parameter doesnt work until you switch it back and forth, I will fix it.

Regarding p.2 - the project you are trying to load - which version of BlueARP was it made with when you saved it? Looks like for some reason bluearp didn't pick up bank data from the project and loaded it's default bank instead.
I just tried the same thing with 2.14 - no problems so far (changed presets 1,2,3, saved and re-loaded the project, all my changes are there). If you can make a sample project file for me for testing it would be great.

graywolf2004 wrote: Thanks for the report. Regarding p.1, yes, looks like a bug - num chains parameter doesnt work until you switch it back and forth, I will fix it.

Regarding p.2 - the project you are trying to load - which version of BlueARP was it made with when you saved it? Looks like for some reason bluearp didn't pick up bank data from the project and loaded it's default bank instead.
I just tried the same thing with 2.14 - no problems so far (changed presets 1,2,3, saved and re-loaded the project, all my changes are there). If you can make a sample project file for me for testing it would be great.
Privet :)

Hope you're doilg great my good friend..

Wanted to point out to something I make usually with Bluearp versions:
Since I still the stable version 1.53b
I kept the file in its original name "Bluearp.dll"

All other versions I rename them into: "Bluearp_.dll"
to avoid mistakes.

What I did when I updated from 2.13 to 2.14 is:

I put the 2.14 content into my vst folder.
Renamed the VST into "Bluearp_.dll"
deleted the x64, as I don't use x64 host.
Doesnt matter if I replace the factory content of presets between 2.13 & 2.14.

The Bluearp.ini I kept it firstly untouched.
Then today I also renamed it into Bluearp_.ini
But that didn't change anything to me.

Hope I summed up the issue efficiently
Have a good time :)

Files are attached here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rcne5pdgx6za ... sRgHa?dl=0

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for adding the requested options so quickly in the recent version!

Cheers,

provoc

Privet Oleg

I found reason about setting (or preset recalling) issue.

1. Made a certain setting in Bluearp 2.13
2. Save the project (FL Studio 11 or Ableton Live 9)
3. Repaced Bluearp 2.13 with the new 2.14
4. Opened the project.
5. Preset is not recalled.
6. Preset drop down selector is not responding.

Also there's a GUI issue :

phreaque wrote:Privet Oleg
I found reason about setting (or preset recalling) issue...
Hi. Oh, I see... I still use FL10 for testing cause it starts MUCH faster than 11 or 12 (probably cause FL10 is native windows, and since 11 its cross-platform). So I tested with FL11 - the same issue. But no issue with FL10.
So I'm debugging it to find the issue...

graywolf2004 wrote:Hi. Oh, I see... I still use FL10 for testing cause it starts MUCH faster than 11 or 12 (probably cause FL10 is native windows, and since 11 its cross-platform). So I tested with FL11 - the same issue. But no issue with FL10.
So I'm debugging it to find the issue...
Hello bro.
We yes this issue is even getting worse with FL12, the GUI also crashes alot.
But also this issue of preset recalling is found with Ableton Live 9 as well, specifically (9.1.9). :ud: Perhaps bcz Live is not native Windows application as well?

How can I assist you debugging it?
Thanks very much for your amazing support & endless support :clap:

phreaque, pls download this fix and replace bluearp.dll in v2.14
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/2/BlueARP_214_fix.zip

I fixed the conversion routine, now it should load your v2.13 projects correctly.

Couldn't reproduce GUI issue like on your screenhot. Also once I had an error message 'assert(pushParamToPlug == false && "deprecated method SetDirty(true)");', but couldn't reproduce it any more. If you can give me some clues on bluearp crashed it will be great.

I'm testing in FL12, but will do some tests in FL11 as well.

I'm at a bit of a loss, and looking for some help.

I'm running Bluearp from within Presonus Studio One v3.
But for the life of me, I can't work out how to use BlueArp to produce midi note data for VST (eg. Spire), and simultaneously control filter envelope on Spire using my keyboard controller.
Is this possible?
It certainly looks like it should be as videos on Youtube show people playing notes in live, which are arpeggiated by BlueArp, whilst they are controlling filter sweeps, (and maybe other controller data too).

Can someone talk me through how to set this up?
I'm currently using an MAudio Keystation Pro as my midi controller keyboard.

I can get BlueArp to send the arpeggio to Spire just by having BlueArp as the midi input to Spire - and with the record armed and it'll play the arp - but as soon as I do this, any midilearn functionality etc doesn't work, to control the synth. I'm guessing this is user error (ie me) and not some fauling of either the synth or BlueArp.

PS - BlueArp seems AWESOME from what I can tell - if only I could get this level of control figured out!!!

Are already able to link any parameter to your midi controller? Considering there's no Bluearp.

If you can get this to work just fine. Then it is your daw. Because Bluearp is dealing with keys being pressed (by default) and not handling any other midi cc functions unless you (learn) it to do so.

Return to “Instruments”