element VST sampler by xoxos

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

me too :) hash, check or money order :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:me too :) hash, check or money order :p
Mf'er said hash! haha

Man, you are feignin' for some of that green! :hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

i've been spoiled.. feller sent me a blob of bubble in the mail earlier this year.. just squished it in a baggie and sent it right over... sheer class.

weed here is _8_ times the price it was just over a year ago thanks to "compassion clubs" :roll:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Just looked up "compassion clubs" .

:shock: :-o :o :
Second Star On The Right, And Straight On 'till Morning

no one ever believes me when i tell them that local prices used to be a qp for $150.. flushed and cured. cheapest legal _quarter_ounce_ i can find now is $80... my old connex have been intimidated or arrested and now business is locked up... all the weed is like cali weed, with strain names like the sun shines out of its backside.

dude at the dispensary was a young man, military. it's all so incredibly stupid and asinine.

maybe if i put a $10 pricetag on this vst i could buy a quarter after i sell eight of them :roll: that's at least two months of food.. i can't justify that. i'll wait for my friend to make some more bubble.

(things are looking up though.. i believe paraguay has legalised and guatemala looks like it's just about to.. the u.s. doesn't like that one bit...)

i totally hate money. enjoy the sampler :p :)

(edit: i guess we shouldn't talk about this here, or someone will come along and accuse me of being islamic or something..)

Man... this is 1 good sounding sampler! The sound has an hardware sampler like flava. I'm really impressed with the filters on this, which are probably the best I've heard in software.

It would be great if the filters in this was made into an audio effect along with the envelopes. Man, do they really give life to kicks & other sounds!!

I'm really having a blast with this, especially w/ pitch assigned to the pitch wheel and filter cutoff & q assigned to the mod wheel. Thank you, man.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

I DL-ed a freeware beatslicer called Kerrstien, and if you load the exact same loop into both at the same time, mess with the knobs in Kerrstein and use the pitch to slow and speed up the loop in odd places with Element they really compliment each other well. Btw, the pitch shifting in Element is the best I've heard. Really expensive hardware sampler do pitch shifting like this, I'll bet.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

ftr i figure vintage hardware use the floor "interpolation" (or a similar round-to-nearest-sample scheme) and that the majority of vst have used linear (though i'd expect major contemporary products to use cubic or a similarly improved method). options are good :p

the svf is andrew simper's (cytomic). the most common svf (chamberlin's) needs to be oversampled to accomodate higher cutoffs.. the simper has imo an awesome behaviour where the signal attenuates steeply at nyquist, so instead of getting a 22050Hz sine or distortion, it simply becomes inaudible, which i find to be preferrale as it doesn't create artifacts on envelope peaks et c.. below nyquist it looks a lot like standard svf (and the biquad at many settings).

the only thing i can take credit for in the filters (apart from good taste) is the resonance scaling (and fudging the moog cutoff a bit). i'll put uploading the filter section as a synthedit module on the to-do list.

Weird thing I was able to do with Element only one time and not afterwards: load up a sound, turn off pitch tracking so you can play at the same tempo on different keys(and get a cool flanger effect!). So I have the filt & q assigned to my mod wheel, and I hit the first key on the "one" of a measure and the 2nd key on the "two", or "one-and-a-half" or whichever beat, moving the mod wheel only after I've hit the 2nd key. The mod wheel was only affecting one of loops that was playing, for a cool wah pedal effect side-by-side with the other, un-affected loop and it was a beautiful sound! This was in Orion Platinum. I tried the trick in Sonar and eXT but it did not work, then went back to Orion and it wasn't working then either. Too bad, because it sounded so neat. I wonder if anyone else can duplicate this, or if it was just maybe a computer glitch or something.

:? this uses the same mod arrangement i've been using for years, eg. if you assign a source to a destination, it should apply to all voices. i've never known a voice in polyphony to be unaffected by a modulator, so ??? glad it only happened once :p

that said, generally when i want a different effect on each voice i use multiple instances.

did waves approach you about using the name "element"?

vurt wrote:did waves approach you about using the name "element"?
As already mentioned in the other thread based on the development time of Waves Element the question could be the opposite too...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
vurt wrote:did waves approach you about using the name "element"?
As already mentioned in the other thread based on the development time of Waves Element the question could be the opposite too...

Ingo
Doubtless they knocked on the walls of his yurt, and asked if his "Elements" uses a *form* of "Virtual Voltage"...

(that's 1's and 0's, n'shit)

... it's a non-issue.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Instruments”