MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, countless reinstallations, no good.

Same behavior over here - nothing happens when clicking on "Activate".

Well, cleaning the registry didnt help either.

I had a look around in the registry, and found very little from Magix there. Perhaps the problem is that the installer cant create the nescessary keys to store activation? If so, its a bit weird that the activation process isnt even initiated for either of us.

In any case, we got to have something in common with our systems, hardware or software.

Just thinking out loud here while I wait for their next draw.

The problem is somewhere in their Protein activation tool. My guess is that a certain hardware configuration (possibly?) interferes with key generation.

But the main problem here is that Protein doesn't run at all after you click "Activate", which is what I presume should happen.

EvilDragon wrote:The problem is somewhere in their Protein activation tool. My guess is that a certain hardware configuration (possibly?) interferes with key generation
Good thinking!

I'll share my config, it would be interesting to see if we have any close matches.

MB: Asus P5N-E SLI
CPU Intel Q9550
RAM: 8GB Kingston (cant remember the model atm)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
Interface: ESI ESP 1010
Keyboard: Logitech Classic
Mouse: CM Storm Sentinel Advance

Mine is a Toshiba laptop with Intel i5 M480 @ 2.67 GHz, 8 GB of DDR3 (Kingston 4 GB stick mixed with whatever was in there when I purchased it, also a 4 GB stick, I think that original 4 GB stick is Samsung/Infineon), nVidia GeForce GT330M, 640 GB Toshiba HDD.

Thanks ED. Not much in common except the amount of RAM, and the Intel/Kingston/Geforce combo, both being to common configurations to be a culprit here. Guess we just have to wait and see. :(

At least they seem to be working on it on my end. I'll report back when I hear anything.

I have to say I was really really positively surprised today. Bought couple of percussion sets second hand three years ago for peanuts and just noticed Magix had upgraded those to full percussion set (world, ethno, orchestral & industrial)!

EvilDragon

Get the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility /free/. Remove MAGIX old registry installation data. All.

HAllo together,

I want to activate Indipendence Pro.

THe E-license Manager wants the product key. What ist the product key.

Rudl

whynotm wrote:EvilDragon

Get the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility /free/. Remove MAGIX old registry installation data. All.

I did that all, manually. I know how to deal with registry :)

Still, didn't help one bit.

Rudl wrote:HAllo together,

I want to activate Indipendence Pro.

THe E-license Manager wants the product key. What ist the product key.

Rudl
You should have received a product key when you bought it. The format will be :

P2-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

You then enter that key and log on to your MAGIX account (which you will need to create) and the key will be verified and your product activated.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

EvilDragon wrote:
whynotm wrote:EvilDragon

I did that all, manually. I know how to deal with registry :)

Still, didn't help one bit.
Hi Evil Dragon,

what's the current status of your problem with Independence Pro? Who have you contacted at MAGIX? I have contacts there and maybe they could pull a few strings. If I can do anything to help I will.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K

Nothing happened since 20th Dec 2012! Last time I got a whole new Protein folder that was supposed to fix the activation issue, but it didn't.

I was exchanging e-mails with Andreas Opfermann for the whole time, if that helps.

I know Andreas as I have dealt with him a few times and he's always been very helpful. Do you want me to contact him on Monday and see if he can sort it out once and for all?

What version of Independence Pro are you trying to activate?

Regards
Kraznet

OK so I read back from the start of a thread to refresh my memory. You bought Independence Pro 3.1 @ €49 which uses the 2 GB free library. But you can't activate it.

I have the full version of Independence Pro 3.1 (VSTi) activated on this computer I'm typing this on. I was having considerable problems previously accessing the 70 GB library. Even though I had the library in 2 separate folders. One folder contains the library which came with Samplitude Pro X. And the other folder the original library from the DVDs I bought when Yellow Tools had a fire-sale. But neither of them invoked the library activation window. What I ended up doing was re-downloading the entire 70 GB library and then the install went ahead with no problems and the activation window popped up and I activated it. But for your situation it should be much simpler as you're only trying to activate the VST plug-in and then access the free 2 GB library.

Maybe it's best if you PM me with your details so that Andreas will know who I am talking about. Then I can try and replicate the same process you're trying to achieve on my laptop.

Regards
Kraznet

Return to “Instruments”