MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For anyone that has not been able to locate the instruction manual, I've found it! You have to open the program (vst), click on the 'help' tab on the top right hand corner. And the manuals are located there. Its a pretty deep manual, BTW!
EvilDragon wrote: By the way, I don't seem to be able to download the manual for Independence on MAGIX site (there's no link to them on this page, so can anyone chime in by uploading the PDF manual of this latest version 3.1, please? Thanks, appreciated!
:D

Got it installed and up and running.
Now just need to figure out if there's a way to turn off the bass guitar slide noise and also set pitchbend.

Still no reply from MAGIX. I wonder if the built-in error reporting feature in the installer really works...

What the hack, I'm re-downloading the libraries for Mac.
I am on Hi-Speed, it's the install manager that it's slow and on every other image file, it produces a download error and I have to click retry to resume download so, I have to baby it to get this up and running again.
I did ask Magix for direct links and this was the answer I received this morning:

<<The actual installers are downloaded in the Independence Free Folder

1. Magix independence Pro S 325.pkg (SoftwareSuite)
2. Independence.Pro3 8_18-54 (Content Installer)>> these are the libraries

Guess what...

#1. it's an actual installer which installs Inde Pro 3.1 and Inde Live.
#2. after you launch the installer, it prompts you to insert disc-1 and so on. I don't have the discs. I never received them from Yellow Tools and never got any tech questions answered by YT. Apparently, I purchased Inde Pro 3.0 (2 years ago) right around the time YT was folding.

By the way:

Are there any speed dowloaders out there for this case?
I know there are some, but, i think those are for browsers.

Thanks
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.10.5...DigitalPerformer 8.07

gspro wrote:...Are there any speed dowloaders out there for this case?
I know there are some, but, i think those are for browsers.

Thanks
I use Speed Download (5.3.0) to manage my downloads wherever possible, but in this case I'm not sure it will help. I was able to use it a couple of years ago when I had to download all seventeen billion Indie Pro Library files (OK...there were only 17 of them, but they were huge), and it was vastly superior to using the browser's built-in download manager.

But if the process I went through to update to v3.1 applies to the content files as well (and it looks like it does) then you're probably stuck using the MAGIX "DownloadManager.app", which is also the installer app...unless you can persuade MAGIX to send you a direct download link that you can use with a download manager like Speed Download. You might convince them to do that for the Independence Free content, but I wouldn't expect them to do it for the Pro library content.

When I run the MAGIC Downloader/Installer.app, it shows a check mark next to the Indie Pro Software Suite (v3.1.025), indicating (correctly) that I've already downloaded and installed it. But there are eleven Independence Free files that are unchecked (8 Content Image files, a Layers file, a Library file, and a Library Content 2 file), and every one of them shows a version number of "1.0.0.0". I already have the Pro library, so I don't see any reason to download the Indie Free content. I wouldn't want to go through that again, even for the relatively small Free library, so I can empathize with what you're going through.
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

Hi fizzicist and thanks for the reply,

I wonder if Magix will send or even have available, the libraries on disc(s).

I might send them an email and will post back.

Thanks again

gspro wrote:...I wonder if Magix will send or even have available, the libraries on disc(s).

I'll look for your post-back, amigo. It's definitely worth asking the question. The online images seem to imply that there's a boxed set version, yet the only delivery option currently available for purchase appears to be the downloaded version.

There hasn't been any update of the Indie Pro content in quite some time. All of my library files show a creation date of 2007, September 4 — more than five years. If MAGIX intends to continue development and support of Independence (I mean besides their recent update to v3.1 of the software suite), it would make sense to make the libraries available on disk. Anyone who has endured the download delivery process for the Pro libraries knows why. It works, but man...it's a bit of a siege. :wink:
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

gspro wrote:Hi fizzicist and thanks for the reply,

Thanks again
they have them because they send them out with samp pro x suite...I have both sets, Magix for samp and the old yt indy 2.5 pro (full versions)

if you dont hear back contact me, I might be able to help
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Musical Gym wrote: also set pitchbend.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
gspro wrote:Hi fizzicist and thanks for the reply,

Thanks again
they have them because they send them out with samp pro x suite...I have both sets, Magix for samp and the old yt indy 2.5 pro (full versions)

if you dont hear back contact me, I might be able to help
Hink, thank you for your help and kindness. I will keep you posted as soon as I get a reply from Magix.

I assume the libraries were not updated than, they were left untouched, only the sampler was brought up to 3.1. I could swear, I read somewhere that a tech rep from Magix, suggested to redownload the libraries from their site. I might be wrong.

Anyhow thanks again

from Magix support...Use the proservice@magix.net email...anyone with problems who live in North America pm me for a phone number for a guy who is specifically for indy support :)

I'm in Europe. :S

I'm beginning to think that MAGIX's installer self-reporting "feature" doesn't really work. Otherwise I would get a reply by now, right?

Gonna try e-mailing them directly.

that email in my post is the one to use :)

Hi folks, sad to see that MAGIX seems to turn out the same as Yellowtools has been.
But I still have to say. I had no problems with MAGIX.
I E-mailed the MAGIX-support and had a reply within 2 days.

Return to “Instruments”