MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As it seems, Independence is back at business.
That's good news for users who where lacking support over the last 2 years or so :D.
Are there users of this (imho) really good piece of software who are willing to share there "how to's & tips & tricks" with others?

We could bring up a thread for that and help each other a bit.

Greetz
PN

PN:

I'm in. :D
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

I'm just getting back into using this and would definitely appreciate some tips & tricks.

dexterbella wrote:I'm just getting back into using this and would definitely appreciate some tips & tricks.
dexterbella:

For starters, if you're upgrading your Yellow Tools Independence v3.0 to the new MAGIX Independence v3.1, you'll find some information in the discussion thread on KVR's news page for MAGIX Independence 3.1.

Here's one thread that contains a bunch of information that might be helpful:
You can do a Quick Search in this Instruments forum for "Independence" and "Yellow Tools" to find other threads that might be helpful. If you find something useful, post a link to it here in this thread to help others find it too.
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

I have tried to rearrange some drumsets lately, but I couldn't find/get access to the raw aiff files.
I mean the files that come within the pro-library.
Is it possible to do this, or do I have to live with it that way?

PN

I could bring in some REAPER templates if someone is interested in?

PN

Interesting - MAGIX is doing the right thing here - allowing separate purchase of the sampler and separate purchase of the library. The sampler is very affordable at 49€ (+ VAT, even though they shouldn't charge me VAT when Croatia ("rest of the world" currently) is not in EU yet, I think) so I just might jump in.

By the way, I don't seem to be able to download the manual for Independence on MAGIX site (there's no link to them on this page, so can anyone chime in by uploading the PDF manual of this latest version 3.1, please? Thanks, appreciated!

Psychiatric Nurse wrote:I have tried to rearrange some drumsets lately, but I couldn't find/get access to the raw aiff files.
I mean the files that come within the pro-library.
Is it possible to do this, or do I have to live with it that way?

PN
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "rearrange some drumsets", but if you mean that you want to manipulate the actual audio samples in the library at the file level, I don't know of any way to do that.

As far as I know, all of the audio samples are in the .ytif files (it stands for "Yellow Tools image files"), which are in the Independence Pro Content/Independence Pro Library Part xx directories, where "xx" refers to one of the sixteen library folders. If there's a way to edit the content of the .ytif files, I don't know what it is. I presume Yellow Tools intended it to be that way when they created the Independence architecture.

Have you tried contacting MAGIX support and asking them whether there's a way to do it?

Fizzicist, thanks for links - unfortunately the install/upgrade info came too late for me. I assumed, as 3.1 put a whole load of Magix folders on my system that were essentially duplicates of the YT ones, that I could go ahead and delete all the YT stuff. Long story short - screwed it all up and ended up uninstalling everything, re-downloading everything from my new Magix account (took days!) and re-installed from scratch. Worked out fine though, Inde is up and running and I don't have a bunch of YT folders all over my HD any more.

Psychiatric Nurse wrote:As it seems, Independence is back at business.
That's good news for users who where lacking support over the last 2 years or so :D.
Are there users of this (imho) really good piece of software who are willing to share there "how to's & tips & tricks" with others?
Been a while since I spent time in Indy but i'll try to remember what I can.... Once you get your head around it's architecture and little quirks it's a great little sampler.

Alas the 64 bit AU fails validation for me (DP7 & S1v2), and the OSX standalone consumes way too much CPU :( But it's useable enough.
fizzicist wrote: If there's a way to edit the content of the .ytif files, I don't know what it is.
Alas no, ytif is like nks in that respect.
EvilDragon wrote: so can anyone chime in by uploading the PDF manual of this latest version 3.1, please?
I have the 3.0 manual here somewhere if it helps, doesn't appear anything has changed much in 3.1 though. Previous layers/sections load fine with no issues.

fizzicist wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "rearrange some drumsets", but if you mean that you want to manipulate the actual audio samples in the library at the file level, I don't know of any way to do that.

As far as I know, all of the audio samples are in the .ytif files (it stands for "Yellow Tools image files"), which are in the Independence Pro Content/Independence Pro Library Part xx directories, where "xx" refers to one of the sixteen library folders. If there's a way to edit the content of the .ytif files, I don't know what it is. I presume Yellow Tools intended it to be that way when they created the Independence architecture.

Have you tried contacting MAGIX support and asking them whether there's a way to do it?
Yes that's what I tried to do. I wanted to take the kickdrum from electro kit 01 and combine it with the snare from kit 03.
But then there's no way to do that. I didn't contact the support with that.

Normally I make libraries with Vsampler but I thought it's time to change because there will be no further development for Vsampler.
I hope Independence can help me out.

Psychiatric Nurse wrote:Yes that's what I tried to do. I wanted to take the kickdrum from electro kit 01 and combine it with the snare from kit 03.
But then there's no way to do that. I didn't contact the support with that.
You'll need to save it as a section, then it's available to import into any other Kit. Select zones, create a new section or move it into an existing one, then right click section->export selected section.

Most of the libraries are/were already pre-split into sections already. Click the mapping tab twice to expand the left-hand section area, you'll probably see the kickdrum section ready to export. Click the 'section' tab in the browser to view/load sections.

HTH.

Thank you. I'll try to get it done that way.
But to tiered today....tomorrow will give it a try.

I downed the new demo but could not get it to play as it had no content.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

So, are our activations still limited under MAGIX? I don't remember how many activations I had left for Indy Pro 3 (I had uninstalled it and given up on Yellow Tools a couple of years ago).

Return to “Instruments”