MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've my piano sorted out (and it's not a sampled one), but generally I'm more interested in checking out how the instruments were built etc. Sort of like getting up to speed with it, even though a lot of features are extremely similar to what Kontakt offers (with some differences, of course).

tapper mike wrote:The only thing that really stood out for me was the piano. But I think it's a great piano sample. As for the rest of the 2G sounds I've got better elsewhere both freeware and payware,

Just the same that piano has me addicted it's been my go to piano for the last few days.
candy, culture, majestic (indy libraries) and indy pro samples are awesome...the modulator section including Indy's Arp, step sequencer, arranger, glide and more are also very good and for me worth the price of admission. Candy is probably some of the best sax samples I have heard and they have some awesome fx too.

Yellow tools sucked but I'm glad I have Indy all up and running because it fits my workflow to a "T"...I also have had for years both volumes of YT Pure Basses, before I had Indy I used vsampler to play them. The way the are set up with two scale choices (basically on one string or across all the strings) is a cool feature.

I would not judge Indy on the 2g of sounds they give out, the 70G of samples are worth all the aggravation I went through and I'm sure you know I tend not to give most companies a break. If I'm not happy I move on, but Indy when working proper (which I think will no longer be an issue) is a must have for me.

But then I have it in dozens of projects :shrug:

For non guitarists, go to the Indy Basic samples and select power chords under the arranger :tu: The power chords in general with the velocity layered approach they use is also very flexible. In fact the presets under the pro samples for the step sequencer and arranger really do a great job of showing what can be done with Indy...I really never even use the piano samples. There is a lot more to Indy than just the samples that's for sure, but you do have to spend a lot of time with it to explore all that it will do.

Also being able to use those modifiers I mention above with VST instruments is rather cool as well.

I was prepared to switch to Kontakt and my new DAW came with a lite version installed, but I am so comfortable with Indy at this point I still have yet to try much with Kontakt. I guess it's a matter of what you are use to.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

EvilDragon wrote:The free content library is correctly added under Preferences->Library, it should work... But whichever patch I load it just says that the sample(s) can't be found in the monoliths...

I've uninstalled Indy completely, went to MAGIX site and registered my serial there, then downloaded the downloader from there and now am redownloading all content, then reinstalling. Let's see what happens.
FYI - I had to both add the library *AND* add the path to the samples (ytif) files. I also have a crash on quit when running logic in 64bit mode that MAGIX support attributes to the authorization mechanism. So....there are a few bugs here and there that still need to be ironed out.

It's also worth checking out all of Eduardo Tarilonte's libraries for Engine. There are free versions on soundsondemand.com that are cut down, but *very* nice.

Hope you get things up and running!

dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

dven wrote:FYI - I had to both add the library *AND* add the path to the samples (ytif) files.
Well that's a first, having to add a library TWICE for it to work. No other sampler behaves like this I think. I'll try it as soon as it's redownloaded.

As to the Logic crash issue you're mentioning, that's not pertaining to me as I'm on PC/Reaper. But there are other issues to fix in Indy (as you can see from my GIF above) :)

EvilDragon wrote:It's just the free library (2 GB, I presume this came with Indy Free), does that appear on any disks? I think not?

But moreover, the activation issue (nothing shows up when I click on "Activate", so I can't use my serial to activate, ironically) is more important to me. I've a bunch of other libraries for Kontakt, along with MachFive3, I just wanted to check out Indy as well, it's affordable for just a sampler.

I hate the knobs in rotary mode though, and no way to change that behavior (this should definitely be the next update that MAGIX should do - easy to set it up in Preferences!). I also found a bug when typing a value in plugin version, it can render the whole control ignorant to your mouse dragging afterwards... Another friend of mine confirmed the same issue with ENGINE as well. See:

In standalone it works just fine (but then again standalone sucks because it doesn't offer me WASAPI as audio output mode, bleh). It's just in the plugin (both Indy and Indy FX) that this happens.

By the way, the effects sound pretty darn nice, reverb especially. I think 49€ might be worth it just for the FX version of the plugin, even if sampler turns out to be crap. :)
I dont know if the basic appears on any indy disks but they are on my samp pro x suite disks
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:candy, culture, majestic (indy libraries) and indy pro samples are awesome...the modulator section including Indy's Arp, step sequencer, arranger, glide and more are also very good and for me worth the price of admission. Candy is probably some of the best sax samples I have heard and they have some awesome fx too.
I am a total and absolut fan of majestic. The e-basses sound so good and they fit into so many styles.
I bought Indy when it was on "fire-sale" and I was considering buying just majestic so got the whole 3.0 suite for the same price.

I am not so much a fan of candy. I tried to use it for laying down arrangements for the brass in my band.
It did the job but it did not sound good. Maybe I did not make enough use of the articulations but...no it's not my favorite.

An other thing that is often overlooked (imho) is Origami. It is the convolution reverb of the 3.0 suite and it has one really outstanding feature.
It is the position parameter in the reverb. It allows to position a signal in a virtual room. Back and forth, left and right.
Allways with the same IR-file. It sounds amazing and helps placing signals in a mix.

Alright, everything redownloaded (the downloader is REALLY SLOW, it's not using my full bandwidth, only one fifth of it, so it's painful).

Aaaaaaand.... Now I have software that cannot be installed! Amazing! The installer comes to the point where it needs to put stuff in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MAGIX Services folder, and it says it's an invalid folder (but it is CREATED and I can see it!), and doesn't want to continue with install. Installer then returns error code 1603.

I am baffled.

I just installed it all on my laptop last week, now of course mine is part of Samp but here's how I chose to set up my folders...and of course like in my other pics I pointed to that Indy folder like in the second picture

edit the last picture is the image folder

Pointing to the library folder is not an issue anymore. The issue is that the installer is barfing out and doesn't want to install Indy anymore. :S

EvilDragon wrote:Pointing to the library folder is not an issue anymore. The issue is that the installer is barfing out and doesn't want to install Indy anymore. :S

I have never seen that, I wish I could help more...maybe at the magix newcomer forum?

http://support2.magix.net/boards/sampli ... owforum=13

I've contacted support. Of course since it's close to midnight here (and I'm in Germany's timezone too) I don't expect a reply today. We'll see tomorrow...

I'd hoped I wouldn't have any problems with this. :(

I just bought, am downloading (slow), and contacted support to ask about the other available files in my downloads area. All responses (automated) have been in German and I'm in U.S.

Looking forward to using it. Hope I can install also.

I wish Magix would provide direct links for download to Independence Pro, instead of online installers. It took me 2 days a week ago to download the libraries, because it was producing all kinds of errors and yesterday my computer went south. When out and bought a new Mac, performed a clean install but, I won't dare downloading Independence Pro, until a better solution is provided. That's why, one of my external hard drives is used for backups only. I do love the product, but 2 days of downtime, becomes not affordable.
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.10.5...DigitalPerformer 8.07

Still doesn't want to carry out the install, and no reply from MAGIX. Disappointed...

Downloading from the SLOW downloader for the THIRD time.

EvilDragon wrote:Still doesn't want to carry out the install, and no reply from MAGIX. Disappointed...
Hello EvilDragon, same here. I hope it's not another fiasco like YT when it comes to responding the end-user.
I want direct links to the downloads. As I said in my first post, I will not download it this way.
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.10.5...DigitalPerformer 8.07

Return to “Instruments”