MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgpqa1 wrote:So, are our activations still limited under MAGIX? I don't remember how many activations I had left for Indy Pro 3 (I had uninstalled it and given up on Yellow Tools a couple of years ago).
I ran out of activations because of hardware changes and system reinstallations.
I e-mailed MAGIX and they set it back to 0 for me.
Friendly people there....give it a try.
PN

Well, I purchased it. Let's see what happens. :D

Alright - downloaded it, installed, everything went ok, it loads alright. But I can't activate it. I click on "Activate", but nothing opens for me to enter the serial... :S

EvilDragon wrote:Alright - downloaded it, installed, everything went ok, it loads alright. But I can't activate it. I click on "Activate", but nothing opens for me to enter the serial... :S
Did you by Independence Pro software Suite 3.1+ the full library? I currently only use the version which comes with Samplitude Pro X Suite. But I'm downloading the 3.1 installer from my account so I will test it out and see if there are activation problems.

Regards
Kraznet
Last edited by Kraznet on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Nope, just the sampler, with 2 GB free content (49€).

Also, when I load any of the free content patches, it says there are samples missing, although the factory content is installed correctly.

EvilDragon wrote:Nope, just the sampler, with 2 GB free content (49€).

Also, when I load any of the free content patches, it says there are samples missing, although the factory content is installed correctly.
I'll check it out when I have it all installed.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Thanks!

EvilDragon wrote:Nope, just the sampler, with 2 GB free content (49€).

I found that I had to manually add the sample path for *some* libraries. It's under the preferences pane/tab and then "User Folders."

As an FYI, it also seems that some patches in the Percussion Library cause an instant crash. Specifically some of the flightcase patches.

dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

The free content library is correctly added under Preferences->Library, it should work... But whichever patch I load it just says that the sample(s) can't be found in the monoliths...

I've uninstalled Indy completely, went to MAGIX site and registered my serial there, then downloaded the downloader from there and now am redownloading all content, then reinstalling. Let's see what happens.

I have been using Indy for year YT pissed me off to no end but as a Samplitude user I am happy to see magix buying it. It's a bit frustrating to get set up, not really intuitive but once it's set up it's great. I'll wait for the next Samp patch though instead of getting the latest version as it is my understanding that the new update for Indy will be in that patch.

FWIW, kraznet was a huge help for me getting it re-set-up in my DAW last winter when I upgraded to Samp Pro X Suite

EvilDragon, have you done this...first go to preferences>libraries>Add new library

then go to where you add instruments and and click 'refresh' when you see the drop down menu

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yep, I did exactly that. Still, no samples found. And they ARE on my hard drive.

I had to have Magix send me the disks, I had the disks from my YT version and they did not work...in the folder they all appeared in green text. I spent many, many hours downloading the online content and that still didn't work...the only thing that worked was the new disks if that helps :)

kraznet is the man though :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It's just the free library (2 GB, I presume this came with Indy Free), does that appear on any disks? I think not?

But moreover, the activation issue (nothing shows up when I click on "Activate", so I can't use my serial to activate, ironically) is more important to me. I've a bunch of other libraries for Kontakt, along with MachFive3, I just wanted to check out Indy as well, it's affordable for just a sampler.

I hate the knobs in rotary mode though, and no way to change that behavior (this should definitely be the next update that MAGIX should do - easy to set it up in Preferences!). I also found a bug when typing a value in plugin version, it can render the whole control ignorant to your mouse dragging afterwards... Another friend of mine confirmed the same issue with ENGINE as well. See:

In standalone it works just fine (but then again standalone sucks because it doesn't offer me WASAPI as audio output mode, bleh). It's just in the plugin (both Indy and Indy FX) that this happens.

By the way, the effects sound pretty darn nice, reverb especially. I think 49€ might be worth it just for the FX version of the plugin, even if sampler turns out to be crap. :)

Oh, right. Thanks for helping me out, peeps. I appreciate it. :)

(Just for the record, I never had ANY problems activating any software up until now, anything by NI and MOTU just worked, even if MachFive3 is using iLok, it just worked).

The only thing that really stood out for me was the piano. But I think it's a great piano sample. As for the rest of the 2G sounds I've got better elsewhere both freeware and payware,

Just the same that piano has me addicted it's been my go to piano for the last few days.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Instruments”