MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I e-mailed them last night. So let's see if it'll take them 2 days or more.

I used the support form on their website and had a reply within 24 hours. Definitely faster than YT was.

On a related note, the latest build of engine appears to be more stable than the latest build of Independence - at least on a Mac. The patches that were crashing in Independence appear to load fine in Engine...which puzzles me no end as Engine is essentially just a cut down version....but at least I can use the sounds :?

dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

dven wrote:...On a related note, the latest build of engine appears to be more stable than the latest build of Independence - at least on a Mac. The patches that were crashing in Independence appear to load fine in Engine...which puzzles me no end as Engine is essentially just a cut down version....but at least I can use the sounds :?

dorian
dorian:

That's bizarre. Which version of OS X are you running, and what build of Engine are you referring to? I installed the latest version of Engine (v2.1.0.88) on my Mac and it crashed immediately on my system (OS X 10.6.8). I ended up trashing it and reinstalling the previous version (2.0.2) and it's working fine again.

Engine v2.1.0.88 is supposed to run on Snow Leopard, according to the Best Service downloads page. But the v2.1.0.88 download showed up as "Engine_2.1.0.88_Pre_Release_osx.zip", so perhaps they're still working out the bugs. For me, the latest stable version is v2.0.2.

Anyhow, to add to the weirdness, I haven't found any bugs or crashes in Independence v3.1...at least not so far. It's working fine in both standalone mode and in plugin mode in Logic v9.1.7, but I admit I haven't tested every single function in every single patch. That probably would take longer than the remainder of my natural lifetime. :D
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

fizzicist wrote:
dven wrote:...On a related note, the latest build of engine appears to be more stable than the latest build of Independence - at least on a Mac. The patches that were crashing in Independence appear to load fine in Engine...which puzzles me no end as Engine is essentially just a cut down version....but at least I can use the sounds :?

dorian
dorian:

That's bizarre. Which version of OS X are you running, and what build of Engine are you referring to? I installed the latest version of Engine (v2.1.0.88) on my Mac and it crashed immediately on my system (OS X 10.6.8). I ended up trashing it and reinstalling the previous version (2.0.2) and it's working fine again.

Engine v2.1.0.88 is supposed to run on Snow Leopard, according to the Best Service downloads page. But the v2.1.0.88 download showed up as "Engine_2.1.0.88_Pre_Release_osx.zip", so perhaps they're still working out the bugs. For me, the latest stable version is v2.0.2.

Anyhow, to add to the weirdness, I haven't found any bugs or crashes in Independence v3.1...at least not so far. It's working fine in both standalone mode and in plugin mode in Logic v9.1.7, but I admit I haven't tested every single function in every single patch. That probably would take longer than the remainder of my natural lifetime. :D
I'm running 10.6.8 with the latest prerelease Engine - v.2.1.088. From some email conversations I've had with bestservice and magix support staff, there is some oddness with the copy protection mechanism which is supposed to be related to the crash on quit bug that I've got in logic in 64bit mode.

Out of curiosity, have you tried running Indy in 64bit mode in logic? My system gives an "unexpectedly quit" crash when I quit logic after using Indy in a session. Engine only gives that error if I use more than one instance in a session - yes, very bizarre! OF course, my crash may also be related to the fact that I've had Indy free from v1.5 -> 2.5 -> Full version 3.1 AND an older version of Origami...

Moral of the story is that there are definitely some bugs to be worked out. But the sounds are nice!

cheers,
dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

OK, ladies and gentlemen,
This is for Mac users, but I think the same should apply to Windows users also.

I'm posting this here just in case you'd have to perform a clean install for whatever reason, on your computer and don't want to spend 2-3 days re-downloading the libraries for Independence Pro, here is an "how-to" backup those libraries to media or, an external HD.

If you haven't done so already and got some time to burn, download the libraries again using the libraries "download Manager." Once the download is complete, the installer is opened automatically, waiting for the user to click "install."
Well, don't install! Instead, go to User->Downloads->Independence Free and that's where the libraries are found. Copy them or, zip 'em for backup.

If you ever need to reinstall, just open this installer "magix.independence.pro3_120628_18-54" and direct it to where you have the libraries backed up to, click install and you're done in a matter of minutes.

Oh...No discs and tech support answers to emails, anywhere between 24-48 Hours. Not bad

Hope this info helps.
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.10.5...DigitalPerformer 8.07

Hi everybody,

I just tried out Independence free and it works nice(win7 64bit), just one (stupid?) question, where can I find the default acoustic piano sound? It was loaded when I first started IF, but after switching to another sound from the library, I cannot switch back, because I cannot find an acoustic piano anywhere.
However, after restarting IF, it is there again (i did not save the project).

Any ideas?
thanks, C

Search your drive for Autoload acoustic piano.ytif, it's somewhere.

kohlenstoff wrote:Hi everybody,

I just tried out Independence free and it works nice(win7 64bit), just one (stupid?) question, where can I find the default acoustic piano sound? It was loaded when I first started IF, but after switching to another sound from the library, I cannot switch back, because I cannot find an acoustic piano anywhere.
However, after restarting IF, it is there again (i did not save the project).

Any ideas?
thanks, C
When you first open Independence and the piano is there, click on the top part of the layer display for Layer 01 to reveal the contextual menu, then select the "save to my favorites..." contextual menu item. Independence will open a file browser that already has your "my favorites" folder selected. Then name the file "Default Piano.ytil" (or whatever you want to call it), and save it to that location. Then you can always recall it from there.
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

Why does the installation of sound files have to be so convoluted? Indy always gives me fits initially when I'm trying to locate the root folder. Have to do it like 5 times before it takes. Now my computer needed a reinstall and my auth file is not working. Just stupid. Can't even remember the last time I had to contact tech support for any other software. Waiting for a response for two days now. Sent 2 emails. Almost feel like looking for an "alternative" key.

This piece of work needs a redesign. If not for the great sounds...

Also, remember- no simply pointing at your VST plugins folder, even as a standalone... Indy needs its very own copies- it will hug them, and squeeze them, and call them "George"... :P

Apparently the trick was to download version 3.0. I think 3.1 is the paid update but not sure? Maybe someone can clarify. Anyways, it works and what's funny is that I didn't need to authorize the software. The library however needed an authorization code. This was on a fresh install.

Oh, and version 3 finds the folder with no fuss. Didn't really see any differences compared to 2.5 though.

Gday guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem getting Indy 3.1 appearing in Pro Tools. All I get is a big grey square. 2.5 shows up fine though. Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers guys :)
^^

Just to let you guys know, I still didn't manage to activate Indy, even after a month of back and forth with MAGIX...

EvilDragon wrote:Just to let you guys know, I still didn't manage to activate Indy, even after a month of back and forth with MAGIX...
Thats a crazy situation when copy protection is so convoluted that legit users can't even activate the software!! I must admit I've had my problems wth Indy Pro (VSTi version) CP as well.The main problem is getting it to recognise the sample library.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

My problem is purely activation. Seems that "Protein" application which does activation is flakey - I even got replacement files to overwrite from MAGIX, but they didn't help at all.

Perhaps this laptop of mine is now flagged and there's nothing I can do until I format the whole thing (which won't happen, one piece of software does not deserve all that hassle). I will try installing it on my desktop when I purchase some components that are still missing (graphics card, OS drive).

Return to “Instruments”