MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess you got no response so far?

I'm finally getting around to installing Indy on my new desktop. Let's see what happens.

Yep... Protein activation failed error even on the new computer. Well now I'm pissed off!

EvilDragon wrote:Yep... Protein activation failed error even on the new computer. Well now I'm pissed off!
Did you do a fresh download, or use the same files as before?

I have had this on 3 different PCs now, one being a HP laptop with a complete different setup. So, I'm lead to believe that its either:

- Some software that I am using on all my comps that conflicts with Protein
- A bad download (although I'm sure that I have tried to DL several times)

As for suggestion #1, its not my antivirus or the version of Win7. The only culprits I can think of is Nvidia graphics drivers and NI service centre.

Fresh download, of course.

BTW error code was -1 in the log file.

EvilDragon wrote:Fresh download, of course.

BTW error code was -1 in the log file.
Stupid question, I know. Just started thinking about it the other day :)

Do you have a Nvidia GPU in your new box? That seems to be the last thing my 3 computers have in common, except for the usual stuff like Firefox and Steam. (Pretty sure I tried to activate Inde before installing NI Service Centre the last time I reinstalled Windows)

Yeah, I do have an nVidia GTX 650 card.

I also have Service Center, of course, since I'm a Komplete 8 owner. And that one is more important to me than Independence really. But I'd still want to activate the damn f**ker! It's been purchased in October last year, and to this date I don't have it running properly!

I hear ya! The funny thing is, I never had any problems activating Inde 2 via Yellow Tools on any of these PCs! I will send another mail to Andreas in support later on, and include my findings. (or rather lack of)

One thing I have noticed in the logs is that there are severeal lines that refer to folders called Yellow Tools, which of course does'nt exist on my systems.

I'm sorry to hear the installation still didn't work on your desktop Evil Dragon.
So I'm presuming you have the same problem Baard? I managed to do the authorisation a while back with no problems and my computer has NI Service Centre and dual Nvidia GeForce 210's but I'm on Windows 8.

Regards
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Thanks for chiming in Kraznet! The symptoms are exactly the same, and even after trying on two relatively similar and one completely different PC, the problem persist..

I have a long mail log with support, and have been trying out patched files, but to no help. I'll send them a mail over the weekend and keep reporting to this thread.

[quote="bharris22"]Found it - thank you!

I use the 32-bit version of Reaper, and the 32-bit versions of most of my VSTs.

I too use the 32 bit version of Reaper on my 64 bit OS PC...I found that the 64 bit version was buggy as Hell, so I reverted back to 32. And like you, I'm having difficulty installing MAGIX Independence as a VST...I'm beginning to think it's a 64 bit sampler which I presume won't run in 32 bit Reaper.

EvilDragon wrote:I'm basically just using the MAGIX downloader to download the files and run the installer. Installation ends fine on its own (although there was a hurdle with it at one point, but Andreas sent me some files I was missing and that was solved). The problem is that when I click the Activate Independence Pro button, nothing happens. I should get a popup to enter the serial number, no? Well, it doesn't show up.
Have you tried to register the software online, not from within the software? The address to do so (after logging in) is:

https://www.magix.com/ap/mandants/servi ... le=prodreg

I could imagine that registering Independence before installing it might help in your case.

Apart from that, it could also be that you have some (non-music?) software installed that interferes with Independence. I've never had any problems with authorizing/registering Magix Software, as long as my computer was online.

Just in case you're using anything from Norton, be sure to uninstall it before installing anything from Magix. When it comes to online installation, anything from Norton is the worst thing you could possibly have installed on your computer.

Thanks for the reply. I actually did just figure out how to get Magix working.. I have several paths in Reaper and I added the dlls to each until I found one that worked..So weird..Go figure! LOL! Now if i can just get it to take my registration. ;=)

Skorpius wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I'm basically just using the MAGIX downloader to download the files and run the installer. Installation ends fine on its own (although there was a hurdle with it at one point, but Andreas sent me some files I was missing and that was solved). The problem is that when I click the Activate Independence Pro button, nothing happens. I should get a popup to enter the serial number, no? Well, it doesn't show up.
Have you tried to register the software online, not from within the software? The address to do so (after logging in) is:

https://www.magix.com/ap/mandants/servi ... le=prodreg

I could imagine that registering Independence before installing it might help in your case.
Yes, of course, that was the first thing I did, and it has absolutely no relation to software activation.
Skorpius wrote:Just in case you're using anything from Norton, be sure to uninstall it before installing anything from Magix. When it comes to online installation, anything from Norton is the worst thing you could possibly have installed on your computer.
I'm not that stupid to use Norton ;) I use NOD32 - absolutely never had a problem with that amazing AV.

BTW, problem was solved, but not in a nice way. Basically I said FU to Magix.

EvilDragon wrote:BTW, problem was solved, but not in a nice way.
Did you get money back, or permission to resell?

I just accepted the loss and decided never to buy from Magix again.

Return to “Instruments”