Cableguys Curve 2 - Version 2.1 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve

Well this is a great sounding synthesizer, however I noticed that it lacks creative filters and effects. Also as far as filters go, all of the filters in this do not self-resonate so you cannot make them screeeeam or hum which is no fun.

Furthermore the CPU usage is incredible compared to other additive/subtractive synthesizers that do similar things. Its a nice synth, I like that you can have up to 6 oscillators and it can sound very warm for a additive synth, but the cpu usage on it for me is too much! Its even more than DIVA's..

My computer is a MBP Quad Core i7 @ 2.4 Ghz w/ 4 GB Ram so I highly doubt that should be a issue..

If they reduced the CPU usage so polyphonic instances use up way less I might buy it.
:borg:

so you want them to reduce CPU load but add effects?

kind of contrary but i guess it can be done.

i'm not interested in FX in the synth. i have plug ins for that and usually most FX that are internal to plug ins.. suck. aaltoverb aside.

What's the deal on the bundle? Curve 2 with the plug-ins?

What is your copy protection?

V0RT3X wrote: Furthermore the CPU usage is incredible compared to other additive/subtractive synthesizers that do similar things. Its a nice synth, I like that you can have up to 6 oscillators and it can sound very warm for a additive synth, but the cpu usage on it for me is too much! Its even more than DIVA's..

My computer is a MBP Quad Core i7 @ 2.4 Ghz w/ 4 GB Ram so I highly doubt that should be a issue..

If they reduced the CPU usage so polyphonic instances use up way less I might buy it.
Strange, I can run plentiful instances on my lowly 5 year old quadcore. Curves cpu usage for normal patches seems average to me, also the quality switch hardly changes the cpu load here.

What really costs lots of cycles is the unisono switch, especially with lots of voices. Some patches dial in small amounts of unisono which can hardly be heard, but of course are very costly.

Try to set unisono to 1 and see if it helps.

There has been a problem with the AU Validation that we fixed now. It runs now smoothly with Logic as well, enjoy!

http://www.cableguys.de/curve.html

I get really annoying clicks when programming/playing a note and tweaking the parameters, running in 64-bit mode on Cubase 5, Windows.

www.cableguys.de is unreachable/down for me right now. Anyone who can confirm this?

jensa wrote:www.cableguys.de is unreachable/down for me right now. Anyone who can confirm this?
Yeah, unreachable here too atm.
btw, not sure if it's 100% reliable but first thing I go when I want to check if a site is down:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

No_Use wrote:
jensa wrote:www.cableguys.de is unreachable/down for me right now. Anyone who can confirm this?
Yeah, unreachable here too atm.
btw, not sure if it's 100% reliable but first thing I go when I want to check if a site is down:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Yes, site was offline for 40mins or bit more. Was almost killing me.. and I desperately needed to sleep before midnight after all the long working days of the last weeks. Anyway, we are back online.

Also big sorry, there's some posts unanswered right now, we'll take care of that soon!

Hi Jakob,

i just received the license key for Curve 2. Opposing to Curve 1 for which i had more time i had only few time to do presets with the Curve 2 Beta this time.

I just installed the final version of Curve 2 and i hope i could add some presets soon. At the moment i have another important project running.
An advantage of the online database is that you could publish finished presets directly and don't have to wait until a whole bank is finished.

BTW I am honored that i had one preset in the TOP 50 of the Curve 2 preset contest. :)

The current database is already insanely big. How big will it be when Curve 3 arrives... :D

Best wishes,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:I just installed the final version of Curve 2 and i hope i could add some presets soon. At the moment i have another important project running.
An advantage of the online database is that you could publish finished presets directly and don't have to wait until a whole bank is finished.
Yes, we really love that.
Ingonator wrote:BTW I am honored that i had one preset in the TOP 50 of the Curve 2 preset contest. :)
Sure, there can't be enough Multisaw!
Ingonator wrote:The current database is already insanely big. How big will it be when Curve 3 arrives... :D
Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig. Also the overall quality improved a lot with Curve 2.

Curve 2 now also allows you to set up some info on you (click the "Profile" button on the top-right corner of the Preset Library). You can write short text about you, and add optional links to Website, Soundcloud, Facebook and Twitter.

That's cool, with Facebook, Soundcloud & Twitter connection :tu:

SODDI wrote:What's the deal on the bundle? Curve 2 with the plug-ins?

What is your copy protection?
Bundle is EUR 149/USD 199. You'll get a license key file that you open on first start of a plugin.

I spent last night testing out the demo and have a few questions.

Is it possible to save waveforms? It would be handy to be able to save some favorite ones to quickly recall on new patches.

When modulating the LFO speed with keytracking, shouldn't the lfo rate change as I play higher and lower notes with legato turned on? I have to fully let go of keys and retrigger to get the rate to change.

aroundtown wrote:I spent last night testing out the demo and have a few questions.

Is it possible to save waveforms? It would be handy to be able to save some favorite ones to quickly recall on new patches.
Saving of waveforms is a good idea, and we got a wish in our public wish list for it. Feel free to add your vote (no need to have an account for voting):

http://cableguys.uservoice.com/forums/8 ... -waveforms

aroundtown wrote:When modulating the LFO speed with keytracking, shouldn't the lfo rate change as I play higher and lower notes with legato turned on? I have to fully let go of keys and retrigger to get the rate to change.
Yes, the lfo rate remains at the first note when playing legato. I guess we should introduce an option here in a later version.

Return to “Instruments”