TX16Wx Software Sampler 2.0 Beta Released - Announching TX16Wx Professional (Updated 2012-10-19)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The dev said spring 2013, if there's any luck.

Hi guys,

Will this sampler allow auditioning of samples on midi keyboard within its browser window > BEFORE! the import process?. Everything I've looked at thus far must import the sample before it will playback on keys. Though VSAMPLER/SHORTCIRCUIT can do it but are sadly dead.

Simple Auto preview (playing sample straight) does not interest me as I need to pitch up/down or audition samples poly phonically before importing for further editing. I did see "preview" and "auto play" in its browser/load wave window but whats the difference between them?

Much thanks if you can confirm the above feature,
Ste

If you use the file dialog instead of the file browser (split->rightclick->load wave), you can turn on "preview", which will temporarily replace the mapped sample with the one selected in the file dialog window.
Per-split preview from the file browser is planned, but not implemented yet (a little tricky to make nice in the UI)
Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

hmmm nice. will check it out so...

thanks mate

what's the latest version of v1 with the 80s GUI (black with led)?
i loved that one...
the latest i have is 1.007

EvilDragon wrote:Shortcircuit is discontinued and unsupported. TX16Wx has active developer support. :)
Good to know ;)

I must admit I don't understand why this instrumet is called what it is.

TX16Wx is a really ill fitting name, easily forgettable.

The clear ties this plug has to the TX16W Yamaha sampler, I can't really tell?:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/tx16w.php

TX16Wx betas and v1 were available around 2011, but the software had already been in development for years before that. Surely much has changed after the first official release too. But, while not having that much resemblance to the hardware anymore, it was definitely inspired by it when this started. As much as I can remember, that specific hw sampler was Wilunds favorite and TX16Wx being originally modeled after that, the name is totally understandable and pays a nice homage. Asked the other way around, which VSTis have changed their names after being known for years as something else?

Return to “Instruments”