Antidote - New Rack Extension by Synapse Audio! (1.1. is out now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Antidote

eXode wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
EnochLight wrote:On the contrary, increasing your product portfolio is a great way to increase sales and broaden your customer base. With your logic, apparently business is bad for iZotope, Softube, Rob Papen, Sonic Charge, etc... (not)
Point taken, but why make exclusive versions only for Reason? Don't forget the good old VST market 8)
Aw, are you feeling left out? :)

Maybe if you ask really nicely! ;)
or if you get on the beta team you can grab a totaly diff synth called Antidote....no idea why Rich called this one the same name...i know he stopped developing it (basically an updated Hydra with additions) and was going to use the 'new' stuff in Dune 2.

Looks good tho, sure it sounds great. Synapse seem to be doing well with the RE's, so good luck to them.

v1o wrote:This sounds huge, excellent and phat. Its got a very particular sound as well. Nice for trance sounds. I can see this out doing the likes of the Virus and Vanguard for Trance sounds.
You can add Sylenth1 to that list, as well. :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eXode wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Dang looks good man!!!

I have to buy Reason one of these days!

Love the GUI, it looks like something from my childhood transformer/racing car days

Looks really neat and tidy and easy contrasts.
Yes! We need awesome Antidote soundsets from Aiyn Zahev! :)
Thanks thats very kind. Really looks like a great synth, glad to see a compressor in there too.

The thing is with Reason though is with the combinator available where do you stop? It would soon turn to madness. I've love that flexibility in preset design, for the extensive effects routing if nothing else.

I forget quickly how much crazy fun it was to patch things together in Reason, I never had the combinator when I used to use it so things were not as near then.

Whenever I see videos of people using Reason I get a craving for a sleek Imac! It just seems like such a neat self contained package. It seems Props and Apple have a similar philosophy with their closed design system.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Kriminal wrote:
eXode wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
EnochLight wrote:On the contrary, increasing your product portfolio is a great way to increase sales and broaden your customer base. With your logic, apparently business is bad for iZotope, Softube, Rob Papen, Sonic Charge, etc... (not)
Point taken, but why make exclusive versions only for Reason? Don't forget the good old VST market 8)
Aw, are you feeling left out? :)

Maybe if you ask really nicely! ;)
or if you get on the beta team you can grab a totaly diff synth called Antidote....no idea why Rich called this one the same name...i know he stopped developing it (basically an updated Hydra with additions) and was going to use the 'new' stuff in Dune 2.

Looks good tho, sure it sounds great. Synapse seem to be doing well with the RE's, so good luck to them.
Are you still an Orion fan?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Antidote is one of the nicest sounding VA's I've ever heard. It's awesome.

I really hope they do a AU/VST version. I'd double dip.

cyberheater wrote:Antidote is one of the nicest sounding VA's I've ever heard. It's awesome.

I really hope they do a AU/VST version. I'd double dip.
Excited about it now. I'll have to check out his website for audio demos.

I have a lot of synths and have done a fair bit of programming now and I don't tire of new synths. There are always new timbres and tones coming out and I am always interested to see what designers are up to. I think Synapse are right on the money with easy to use yet great sounding synths that are not trying to be something else.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I guess the decision was instead of releasing Antidote as another Vsti in a highly overcrowded market to release it in RE format and pretty much have that market segment to themselves. Probably a good business decision...I suppose I would do the same..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Any audio demos anywhere?
Aiynzahev-sounds

Another little demo of some patches. Drums is a rexloop just to give it a beat of some sorts. It's a very nice quality synth imho, great to have it in Reason!

http://soundcloud.com/exodesound/more-antidote

Aiynzahev wrote:Any audio demos anywhere?
Probably coming up soon, in the meantime here's something I made with Antidote + Drums only:

http://soundcloud.com/anosou/anosou-the-cure

Oh yeah, my last demo contains no mixing or external FX at all. It's all Antidote's FX.

50x wave stacking anybody? :shock:

I'd be curious to hear what that sounds like...
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

It's ridiculously good. I'm going to have to buy this...

Numanoid wrote:Is business so bad for Orion that Synapse jumps ship and starts developing for Reason instead? :help:
It is a valid question.

It seems Dune and now the Reason products are taking precedence over Orion. When version 8 of Orion was released, there was talk of quicker, smaller updates. But that did not happen. And we're still waiting for an answer on track automation (something highly useful that is present in every other modern DAW).

When they do release something, it does seem to go with the bulk of what people asked for (or at least the loud ones yelled).. but communication is a very, very lacking thing in the Synapse camp.

I'm guessing Orion is difficult (code wise) to work on at this point.. and the VST/RE synths and effects are more enjoyable to work on and another untapped revenue stream, so Orion will continue to take a backseat to the synths and effects.

But what makes me wonder is these new synths aren't in any form included in Orion as a locked 'Orion' synth. Why not? Not even stripped down versions. That would make sense to include them. At the very least the CM or Beat version (feature wise for instance of Dune) bundled with the Orion install.

VitaminD wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Is business so bad for Orion that Synapse jumps ship and starts developing for Reason instead? :help:
It is a valid question.

It seems Dune and now the Reason products are taking precedence over Orion. When version 8 of Orion was released, there was talk of quicker, smaller updates. But that did not happen. And we're still waiting for an answer on track automation (something highly useful that is present in every other modern DAW).

When they do release something, it does seem to go with the bulk of what people asked for (or at least the loud ones yelled).. but communication is a very, very lacking thing in the Synapse camp.

I'm guessing Orion is difficult (code wise) to work on at this point.. and the VST/RE synths and effects are more enjoyable to work on and another untapped revenue stream, so Orion will continue to take a backseat to the synths and effects.

But what makes me wonder is these new synths aren't in any form included in Orion as a locked 'Orion' synth. Why not? Not even stripped down versions. That would make sense to include them. At the very least the CM or Beat version (feature wise for instance of Dune) bundled with the Orion install.
No reason to feel short changed. Orion has Toxic and Ultran. And a great sounding sampler.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”