Antidote - New Rack Extension by Synapse Audio! (1.1. is out now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Antidote

Okay I found the product page, wow this thing sounds (as in it seems) excellent, I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm going to get Reason so I can get into this.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

v1o wrote:No reason to feel short changed. Orion has Toxic and Ultran. And a great sounding sampler.

Of course not and I don't feel short changed.

I already have Dune BE.. I'm just wondering why it isn't included in Orion as a built-in synth. And now there is this one but very little mention of Orion lately (as in the past 5-6 months).

I'm not really interested in this synth as it is a bit too aggressive (rough) sounding at least from the sound demos here.. even in the deep end of the filter. I'm only wondering why Orion isn't all-inclusive of everything in the Synapse Audio catalog. Which, actually, isn't really a question to be posed for this thread. :)

Been playing around with Andidote all night. It's pretty impressive. Very, very good infact ;) It's capable of a broad range of sounds & the quality is top draw for sure. Most impressive soft synth I've played with since ImpOSCar.

cyberheater wrote:Antidote is one of the nicest sounding VA's I've ever heard. It's awesome.

I really hope they do a AU/VST version. I'd double dip.
We'll certainly use its technology elsewhere, no doubt - but the concept of Antidote is really tailored to Reason. A single-part synthesizer is not exactly mindblowing in the VST/AU world, but in Reason, it's actually perfect. This is because Combinator and the back panel CV Inputs fill in the blanks, and allow to synthesize the 5-10% of sounds that otherwise would be inaccessible, plus a whole lot more.

A VST synthesizer that wants to cover a wide range of sounds needs to be a huge and feature packed limousine, whereas a rack extension can be a slick sports car, reduced to the essential features. This is a strength of the RE format. Another nice bonus of RE is that any synthesizer with a modulation matrix and a big effects section like Antidote automatically becomes a monster effect unit.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that ihmo different formats call for different approaches and concepts :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

I'll have to pick it up before the introductory price runs out. Someone should post a picture of the back. In Reason the patching side is almost as important as the front. Looks like it has lots of control options.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Rabid wrote:I'll have to pick it up before the introductory price runs out. Someone should post a picture of the back. In Reason the patching side is almost as important as the front. Looks like it has lots of control options.
Here you go:

Demos are really nice. It's great to see that Reason is getting more and more quality stuff.

Congrats..

kmonkey wrote:Demos are really nice. It's great to see that Reason is getting more and more quality stuff.

Congrats..
Where are you hearing demos?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
kmonkey wrote:Demos are really nice. It's great to see that Reason is getting more and more quality stuff.

Congrats..
There are a few posted earlier in the thread.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Richard_Synapse wrote:
cyberheater wrote:Antidote is one of the nicest sounding VA's I've ever heard. It's awesome.

I really hope they do a AU/VST version. I'd double dip.
We'll certainly use its technology elsewhere, no doubt - but the concept of Antidote is really tailored to Reason. A single-part synthesizer is not exactly mindblowing in the VST/AU world, but in Reason, it's actually perfect. This is because Combinator and the back panel CV Inputs fill in the blanks, and allow to synthesize the 5-10% of sounds that otherwise would be inaccessible, plus a whole lot more.

A VST synthesizer that wants to cover a wide range of sounds needs to be a huge and feature packed limousine, whereas a rack extension can be a slick sports car, reduced to the essential features. This is a strength of the RE format. Another nice bonus of RE is that any synthesizer with a modulation matrix and a big effects section like Antidote automatically becomes a monster effect unit.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that ihmo different formats call for different approaches and concepts :)

Richard
So that's a no then :D

Aiynzahev wrote:

Congrats..
I found a bunch on Soundcloud (just search for Synapse Antidote). There was a vid on YouTube as well. May well be more now.

No syncable pulse wave? The syncable pulse wave has to be THE most versatile waveform ever. By adjusting slave frequency and pulsewidth you can get so many textures.

Still curious to hear what the 50-oscillator stack sounds like. Imagine it on a PWM wave! It would effectively sound like 100 oscillators :-o :help:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:No syncable pulse wave? The syncable pulse wave has to be THE most versatile waveform ever. By adjusting slave frequency and pulsewidth you can get so many textures.
I think there are ways & means to do a sync like effect. I'm sure I read something about the oscillator 'modifier' playing a part in this but I could be wrong. The manual is now available for download;

http://www.synapse-audio.com/rackextens ... idote.html

EDIT: Found this in the manual regarding sync;

As the MODIFIER knob is increased, however, the master frequency is progressively lowered relative to the specified pitch, producing the well-known oscillator sync sound

Numanoid wrote:Is business so bad for Orion that Synapse jumps ship and starts developing for Reason instead? :help:
I actually only realised recently that Synapse Audio made Orion. Wasn't that a competitor to Reason at one time?!

Dogboy73 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Is business so bad for Orion that Synapse jumps ship and starts developing for Reason instead? :help:
I actually only realised recently that Synapse Audio made Orion. Wasn't that a competitor to Reason at one time?!
Yes it still is a competitor. Orion, Fruity Loops, Reason and the now discontinued Arturia Storm are very similar in concept. But remember the WASP synth was coded by Rich as a native plugin both in Fruity Loops and Orion. In fact Rich coded alot of stuff for Imageline for Fruity Loops which is a competitor to Orion. Basically it's nothing new. At the end of the day its all business.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”