Dron-E Reaktor ensemble released (First video tutorial uploaded)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This dark drone demo features several patches with bowed acoustic guitar samples which I recorded today:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... wed-guitar

i like it, i would like to import my own sample map, i will work on it this week end
i have inserted space master 2 for good mesure !
endless music ...

Here is the final demo for my DRON-E soundset featuring 5 new presets:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... final-demo

A quick tutorial vid showing some of the basic functions of DRON-E:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVhTmCKd36Q

Some folks are having problems loading their own samples into DRON-E, here is a quick vid of how to do that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIhbslTDLE

Thanks for the videos, Simon. That walk-through was extremely helpful. :)

Here's another quick way to create a sample map: use the Choronzon Reaktor Sample Map Generator

Brent Kallmer from Bluewater VST put up a great tutorial on how to use this free tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7pPTkMoY1A

:o
Awesome!
Thanks for the link!
ImageImageImageImage

Hi Simon

the map import seems to have changed quite a bit with 5.8, not entirely for the better. Firstly the old dropdown to import a map (top right of the map editor) seems to be broken, I just get a truncated dropdown menu so I ended up having to drag and drop the map in (that works at least). There is also a rightclick option on the sample window itself now people could use.

Can't seem to find where to turn off the option to embed the sample map in the ensemble anymore either, in the sample map properties it's missing. Any idea where it is (I don't want a 2 GIG ensemble)

aMUSEd wrote:Hi Simon

the map import seems to have changed quite a bit with 5.8, not entirely for the better. Firstly the old dropdown to import a map (top right of the map editor) seems to be broken, I just get a truncated dropdown menu so I ended up having to drag and drop the map in (that works at least). There is also a rightclick option on the sample window itself now people could use.

Can't seem to find where to turn off the option to embed the sample map in the ensemble anymore either, in the sample map properties it's missing. Any idea where it is (I don't want a 2 GIG ensemble)
Right clicking on the sample map in the editor at the bottom gives me these options:

then use Import (Replace)

or right click directly on the sample player at the top of DRON-E to open a slightly different menue with Merge/Replace options.
I can't find the option in the properties to disable "Save Map with Ensemble", but i was looking in Metaphysical Function right now as DRON-E is only installed on my studio machine, I'll have another look later.

Found it - since v 5.8 the embed status has to be set per sample, so if the Embed-option is ticked in the Sample Map, the sample will be saved with the ensemble. This means that you have to untick 103 Embed boxes in my DRON-E Sample Map, seems ridiculous somehow...

From the manual:

The Embed status of a sample can be changed by clicking on the sample's check box.
The Sample Embed Status
▪ If the box is checked, the sample will be embedded in the ensemble file when it is saved.

If the box is not checked, the sample will be referenced from its location on your comput- er's hard drive.
If a number of samples are selected when you check or uncheck the Embed checkbox, all samples will be affected in the same manner.

Un-checking the Embed checkbox of a sample that is currently embedded with the ensemble will open a Save Audio File dialog box to ensure the sample exists on your hard drive and can be located by REAKTOR. When this dialog box opens:
1. Navigate to a location to which you wish to save the current sample. Enter a name for the file in the File name field. Note that if a file path exists, REAKTOR will just save to that location without asking.
2. Click Save to save the sample. If you click Cancel , the process will abort and leave the sample embedded in the ensemble.

To un-embed multiple samples:
1. Select the samples you want to un-embed in the Sample List.
2. Uncheck the Embed checkbox of one of samples.
3. A Save Audio File dialog box will open to ensure the sample exists on your hard drive and
can be located by REAKTOR.
4. When this dialog box opens, navigate to a location to which you wish to save the samples.
Enter a name for the file in the File name field. Note that if a file path exists, REAKTOR will just save to that location without asking.
5. Click Save to save the samples.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Found it - since v 5.8 the embed status has to be set per sample, so if the Embed-option is ticked in the Sample Map, the sample will be saved with the ensemble. This means that you have to untick 103 Embed boxes in my DRON-E Sample Map, seems ridiculous somehow...
Oh that's ridiculous

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Hi Simon

Right clicking on the sample map in the editor at the bottom gives me these options:

then use Import (Replace)

or right click directly on the sample player at the top of DRON-E to open a slightly different menue with Merge/Replace options.
I can't find the option in the properties to disable "Save Map with Ensemble", but i was looking in Metaphysical Function right now as DRON-E is only installed on my studio machine, I'll have another look later.
Import replace makes me unpack the map to separate audio files (and also for some reason that process then fails 103 times - permissions maybe?)

Are you in EDIT mode?

Return to “Instruments”