Dron-E Reaktor ensemble released (First video tutorial uploaded)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You know I'll love it. Let me see if I can get something together for the Soundcloud set.

Neon Breath wrote:Always nice to see solid and good ensembles like this, that actually can be use in music for real. I always found that Reaktor was a little bit underexploited in general, often with tons of noisy glitchy unusable ensembles or very poor GUI's that are pain and not fun to use. This one looks promising!
100% agreed. most of the stuff off User Library is hardly usable for actual music making. Unless you want to make Aphex Twin-wannabe random glitchness

Bronto Scorpio wrote:Hey everyone!

Antonio Blanca just released Dron-E: http://www.antonioblanca.com/dron-e

Dron-E is a free granular drone ensemble for Reaktor.
I made some samples and snapshots for it and helped beta testing :)

Here is a demo track I made just using Dron-E: http://soundcloud.com/bronto-scorpio/be ... he-surface

I hope you like the ensemble!
I hope it's OK to post this in the instruments forum. I thought it may get lost in the modular forum and thought it can't hurt to share some free stuff.
Feel free to move the thread if that's not OK!

Cheers
Dennis
Nice UI. How different from Spacedrone is it?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Thanks!
I cant believe this is free. :love:

This thing looks like it might beat a lot of the other grain drone ensembles I use...

Nice audio!

14k on the download. :P
ImageImageImageImage

Tehnik wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Always nice to see solid and good ensembles like this, that actually can be use in music for real. I always found that Reaktor was a little bit underexploited in general, often with tons of noisy glitchy unusable ensembles or very poor GUI's that are pain and not fun to use. This one looks promising!
100% agreed. most of the stuff off User Library is hardly usable for actual music making. Unless you want to make Aphex Twin-wannabe random glitchness
While Reaktor seems to attract those who like glitchy stuff, I don't think that the style is the real issue. Dennis commented on the choice to restrict the GUI, in my opinion, this is the main point and getting it right is really important for usability.

The ensemble is very nice, btw, thanks for posting the link. Since I have a noise/ambient jam session coming up this weekend, I'll include it in my new reaktor/traktor setup.

We like to do these sesions over ninjam, which, if you haven't tried it for this sort of thing, it's really quite nice. Clearly, the tempo sync problem is no problem at all and the slow pace of ambient really allows for nice give and take between the performers.

Hmm I get not a valid file when I try to load the ens.

EDIT: nevermind..was an couple updates behind. Updating now. bet that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!
Phase47 wrote:You know I'll love it. Let me see if I can get something together for the Soundcloud set.
Cool! I'd love to hear what you come up with! :)
zerocrossing wrote:Nice UI. How different from Spacedrone is it?
Very different!
Spacedrone is based on filtered noise iirc (I haven't used it in ages) while Dron-E is based on granular synthesis.
Antonio made a mod for Spacedrone by the way: http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=9676
highkoo wrote:This thing looks like it might beat a lot of the other grain drone ensembles I use...
Yeah, there are quite a few of these granular drone ensembles in the user library.
Dron-E was designed to be easy to use while beeing flexible enough to yield very different results instead of throwing every possible control on the GUI.
It also uses just one granular sampler for all 4 layers, which makes it easier to swap the sample map (it should be even easier in Reaktor 5.8 ).
For me it has replaced a bunch of stuff already (mainly my own stuff to be honest :oops:).

Cheers
Dennis

Hmm...surely this is one of the best droners i saw in reaktor by far. UI is great sounds are great, options are amazing..

THANK YOU!!!

kmonkey wrote:Hmm...surely this is one of the best droners i saw in reaktor by far. UI is great sounds are great, options are amazing..

THANK YOU!!!
I'm glad you like it! :)

A very cool feature of Dron-E are the external modulation inputs by the way! It's fun to connect stuff like multibreakpoint envelopes or step sequencers to them!

Antonio will make a video about this feature soon!

Cheers
Dennis

Cool! I've been waiting for this one since he started putting up YouTube demos...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Cool! I've been waiting for this one since he started putting up YouTube demos...
I hope you like it!

Cheers
Dennis

Dived into Dron-E yesterday… Quite a deep and complex (not in a bad way) ensemble. It could easily compete against many other drone/ambient oriented synths on the market...

Neon Breath wrote:Dived into Dron-E yesterday… Quite a deep and complex (not in a bad way) ensemble. It could easily compete against many other drone/ambient oriented synths on the market...
Cool :tu:

Yeah, it's definitely complex, but hopefully not overwhelming!

Cheers
Dennis

I just uploaded two more Dron-E tracks.

The first one uses only Dron-E (I actually made this one with a very early beta version): http://soundcloud.com/bronto-scorpio/sunshine

And this one uses a few EQs and a few instances of Übermod in addition to Dron-E (Übermod and Dron-E work really well together): http://soundcloud.com/bronto-scorpio/ancient-structures

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Dived into Dron-E yesterday… Quite a deep and complex (not in a bad way) ensemble. It could easily compete against many other drone/ambient oriented synths on the market...
Cool :tu:

Yeah, it's definitely complex, but hopefully not overwhelming!

Cheers
Dennis
Not overwhelming at all no. It just takes some time to really get into its guts, which is good :D

Return to “Instruments”