One-Synth-Challenge 46: Triple Cheese - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Triple Cheese

satYatunes wrote:
jasinski wrote:Err, my last post may have been taken as me assuming I will make something amazing. I meant that Triple Cheese is capable of making amazing and surprising things- people in the contest will do so... not specifically me.
Ya, I took it that way. You are perfectly capable of coming up with an amazing track so do not disappoint us.

Haha, yikes. I'm not that sure of my self.

Hey, some quick questions for the seasoned veterans - is it OK to automate things in the synth, e.g. the Tune knob to create a bass drum? And are compression and built-in DAW EQ OK?

In my case it's FL studio - it's got a per-channel 3-band parametric EQ, as well as a bunch of EQ plugins that come with it - I remember something mentioned about EQ but can't find it anymore.

Automation highly encouraged. Squeeze as much as you can from the synth, that's what it's all about.

All DAW effects are allowed. There is only a general rule against modulation effects, but that goes for both DAW and 3rd party effects.

V'ger wrote:Automation highly encouraged. Squeeze as much as you can from the synth, that's what it's all about.

All DAW effects are allowed. There is only a general rule against modulation effects, but that goes for both DAW and 3rd party effects.
Cool, thanks :)

I just downloaded TC, and started playing with it. Cool sounds! The architecture and sounds make me think of this synth as a mini-Absynth. I hope Urs doesn't mind this comparison :)

I am prepared to be amazed :D

photonic wrote:
bzur wrote:Mmmm bad issues on Cubase: it doesn't appear in vsti list :(
I'll try again tomorrow, a little tired now.
I had the same problem in Cubase. With the default settings from the setup the dll was in a folder, cubase did not found. I did the setup again and defined C:\programs\steinberg\vst-plugins as folder. Than it worked.

Good luck, mate!
Good! It works :) Thank you very much :tu:

bzur wrote:
photonic wrote:
bzur wrote:Mmmm bad issues on Cubase: it doesn't appear in vsti list :(
I'll try again tomorrow, a little tired now.
I had the same problem in Cubase. With the default settings from the setup the dll was in a folder, cubase did not found. I did the setup again and defined C:\programs\steinberg\vst-plugins as folder. Than it worked.

Good luck, mate!
Good! It works :) Thank you very much :tu:
Better yet: you can change the VST folder during the installation from the default to your actual VST folder.

ATTENTION, ATTENTION!

Subject: Demanding originality.

Any track with the 'Cheese' word on the title will get banned.
I don't care if it is Cheddar or Gruyere.

:hihi:

No problem, maybe I'll name mine Crackers, Grommit! :hihi:

Oh shit, i got a problem in FL Studio 10.

Everytime i open the project again, all little switchs (OSCs - LFOs and FX) are ON by default. So all the sound are a bit different from what i saved.

Urs, help me please... :help:

Velveeta isn't cheese. So I assume a title with that in it is ok.

IrionDaRonin wrote:Oh shit, i got a problem in FL Studio 10.

Everytime i open the project again, all little switchs (OSCs - LFOs and FX) are ON by default. So all the sound are a bit different from what i saved.

Urs, help me please... :help:
Yikes, I have the same problem with Sonar X1 Producer x64. Moreover, when I save a patch as .fxp then load it to a new instance of TC, I see the same problem.

And just confirmed the same issue with Reaper 32-bit. It doesn't seem to be host-specific.

Well, i have started something. At last i can say that i'm getting a bit of inspiration since long time ago...

It is incredible the huge ammount of harmonics in the synth, even with EQ it is a bit difficult to tame it.
But i like the huge vibrating and rich body the sound has.

Let's see if we can do anything with the presets saved problem.
I tried to save in U-He format, but the same thing.

·For now, if you are not going to use an Oscillator, set the Volume to 0.
·If you are not going to use FX, set the Mix to 0.
·And the delay of the LFO to max and the sync to 8/1, so it will take time before make any change to the sound.

Other thing, creating a huge kick is... You will need at least two synths and some automations.

Good luck and have a good day :)

A trick i did for the kick is set the vibrato on an oscillator to max, set the vibrato LFO to 'trigger' mode and saw down wave form.. you'll get a descending pitch effect.

Return to “Instruments”