Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

RayBlaster - a radically new form of synthesis!

Released, and the demo version is available on the official page.
http://www.tone2.com/html/rayblaster_sy ... st_au.html

As it says on the features:

RayBlaster utilizes an entirely new and fresh approach to sound generation (IMS) and creates its distinctive sound from many short bursts of energy, which combine to form a more complex sound. In fact, this innovative approach to synthesis is very close to how our human inner ear perceives sound.

IMS (Impulse Modeling Synthesis) has no need for a separate filter section because its oscillators are capable of authentically reproducing the filter sound of other synthesizers by using one of the factory impulse presets or simply by importing one of your own impulses.

In addition to importing filter characteristics into RayBlaster's oscillators, you can also import the waveform of any other synthesizer into RayBlaster. This gives you an unlimited number of possible waveshapes, all of which are capable of being morphed in real-time. You can resynthesize short samples like a drumloop or a vocal phrase.
RayBlaster also offers you many possibilities to synchronize complex sounds to BPM as well as providing the ability to manipulate the pitch, timing and the timbre of all your sounds in real-time.
Last edited by davidka on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One month to wait, I heard...
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

You could also check here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=120

Some more official (!!) information will be hopefully available soon.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

A new Rayblaster page is up at the Tone2 website now:

http://tone2.com/html/rayblaster_synthe ... st_au.html

A video is included too.

More details about the Impulse Modelling Synthesis ("IMS"):
http://tone2.com/html/impulse_modelling ... is__i.html

quotes from the website:

What is Impulse Modeling Synthesis ?

IMS goes beyond the usual conventional synthesis, by offering a completely new world of high quality sounds and unlimited creative potential for any style of music.

Conventional synthesizers use a looped waveform as the oscillator source, which is then filtered to create your sound, this is known as substractive synthesis.

RayBlaster employs a completely new approach to sound generation, creating its characterful sound from many short bursts of energy, combined to form a more complex sound.This innovative and unique approach to synthesis is very close to what happens within the human inner ear, sounds more authentic and gives you access to a wide range of sounds.

What's the difference to other synthesizers?

Whether you're a professional producer, synthesizer enthusiast or playing live, with the new cutting edge IMS engine, psychoacoustic processing and carefully designed signal processing, unique high quality sounds are just a key press away.

Rayblaster's synthesis engine sounds pleasant, fat, louder and more 'cut through the mix', it provides a vast range of sounds that would be unimaginable from other synthesizers and opens up completely new sonic possibilities for you to work with.
Both powerful and flexible, IMS allows free manipulation of pitch, time and timbre in real-time, to create complex compositions without making 'the mix muddy'. Especially when played at lower frequencies, sounds have more details and character than other synthesis methods.
As a result of this you also get better sound quality on lower quality playback systems or within difficult acoustic environments.

Sounds

RayBlaster ships with an inspiring library of over 500 outstanding presets from some of the world's top sound designers. Many complex sounds like arpeggiators, vocals or drumloops automatically synchronize to the BPM.
For fast & easy access to whichever sound you require, all sounds are arranged into categories, making them easy to find within a professional studio environment or live performance".

Filters

The way IMS works it does not need a separate filter section, its oscillators can authentically mimic the filter sound of other synthesizers, using one of the factory impulse presets or by simply importing one of your own impulses..
Not only is RayBlaster capable of modeling the sound of existing filters - it's also possible to create completely new artificial 'fantasy' filters exclusive to Rayblaster, making its filter capabilities virtually unlimited.

Waveforms, Samples & Resynthesis

Next to importing filter characteristics into Rayblaster's oscillators, you can also import the waveform of any other synthesizer, giving you an unlimited amount of possible waveshapes, all capable of being morphed in real-time. Resynthesize short samples like a drumloop or a vocal phrase in high quality. There are many possibilities to synchronize complex sounds to BPM as well as manipulating the pitch, timing and the timbre of all your sounds in real-time.

Effects

Rayblaster comes with a wide variety of effects built and fine tuned to complement Rayblaster's Impulse Modeling Synthesis. 18 different stereo effects are included, all carefully crafted to offer the highest quality possible: Reverbs, Delays, Chorus, Ensemble, Phaser, Flanger, Rotary, Compressor, Amp-Sim, Equalizer, Surround-Encode, Vocoder & TranceGate.

More details here: http://tone2.com/html/impulse_modelling ... is__i.html

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Wow. Because what comes to us? Finally someone has the courage to bring something new to the market. No Moog analog emulation. This is really new. Congratulations. Am very excited about the demo version if Rayblaster promises half as much as the video is that my Christmas gift. :clap: :tu:

PietW. wrote:No Moog analog emulation. :clap: :tu:
If you import a single cycle waveform based on a Moog synth you could import the "impulse response" of that.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Tweaking it right now.

Fat, the subbass is so great. But also the high end too. Sounds so clear.
Beautiful GUI and easy to understand.
Nice sound quality output as usual.
Good amount of presets.

When i finish looking all presets i will tweak a bit the source parts and how works this exactly.

See you later and have a good day :)

Looks very interesting. But let me guess. You can't select lfo waveform shapes on a mac...

I'd also really like to know what they were thinking in taking away the arp swing % and replacing it by 4 predetermined swing settings. Because all music should be written in one of those 4 grooves right? They make weird choices.

Looking forward to trying it anyways.

Rayblaster is also announced in the free Tone2 forum now:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1264.0

I just recognized that the knobs in some screenshots don't contain an indicator of the current position. This seems to be missed in the 3D renderings. Anyway in the GUi of the plugin they are included. Example:

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Resynthesize short samples like a drumloop or a vocal phrase in high quality.

Hmm...how short, or rather how long can a short sample be ? Are we talking in the order of a few seconds or merely a couple of thousand samples ?

Is the resynthesis capability in the RayBlaster from the get go, or is an "paid" update down the line ?
Last edited by Dunc on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ha ha funny name, Ray Blasters sounds like one of my 1st synths.

Could be called "Sideways hardware gui blasters".
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I was wondering how long it was going to take for a developer to make a synth based on such principles. This is an area that interests me greatly; when I was in grad school not so long ago, I did an independent study on granular synthesis and psychoacoustics, so what they are implementing here has my attention.

I still have strong misgivings about Tone2 as a company and the way they conduct themselves (especially after that Saurus thread--which I went back and read in its entirety), but I respect innovation, so for that reason alone, I will still demo this.

edit: and in case anyone from Tone2 is reading, don't give us a crappy restricted demo--give us an init patch and let us actually tweak the controls, and don't time-limit the thing to only 15 minutes (have white/pink noise fade in and out or something). If you want a sale from me or people like me, I need to have the time and capability to get my hands dirty.
Last edited by KBSoundSmith on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i've had nothing but a good experience with tone2; am using electrax a lot, and saurus (and gladiator) a little. this one i'm REALLY looking forward to; am tired of analog emulators, need something...new.

the video is ok, but need hands-on time. (also, i think i dated the girl who narrates the video).

bring it on...
Last edited by fisherKing on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odd; the promo-video starts off with an annoying noise that made me think the neighbour had started drilling the walls followed by a voice sounding like a slightly sick robot. And that's only the start. It really sounds like they tried to put in as much vomit-inducing sounds as possible it this video.

Any chance one of you guys who have it has tried it with the FXpansion VST>RTAS wrapper?
None of the other Tone2 synths work with it and repeated requests for Tone2 to fix it have failed to get any solution.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Instruments”