Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

LeVzi wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
RB control values display correctly in Live 9 for me... and if there is a problem for some people, it may be a RB issue, not Live...
There were problems with some things in live before, Markus knows what the problem is, it's in Live, but they hadn't fixed it. But seems now they might have. At least for RB, maybe the problem still exists with Saurus, i'll have to try it out.

Mousewheel and parameter value display on mouseover have worked fine in other synths for a long time in Live.

I think it is not a matter of assigning blame but understanding the circumstance. Ableton has much less at stake in addressing an obscure issue that only affects a small percentage of users. Right or wrong, it is up to the plug-in developer to make their stuff work with the host.

I'll upgrade to Live 9 when the final version is out (too many important things to do for such "experiments") but in version 8.3.4 mouse over support does not work in Live BUT it works in Reaper 4 and should also work in other hosts. So if it is only a Rayblaster problem why is it only deactivated when the plugin is used in Live?

BTW Mousewheel support does work for me in Rayblaster. i already mentioned i was wrong.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

LeVzi wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
LeVzi wrote:he's made it clear he's a disgruntled ex beta tester/sound designer for T2
Show me where i said that please.
You don't have to say it, it's pretty obvious from the way you are acting.
An assumption based on fantasy.

pdxindy wrote:
LeVzi wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
RB control values display correctly in Live 9 for me... and if there is a problem for some people, it may be a RB issue, not Live...
There were problems with some things in live before, Markus knows what the problem is, it's in Live, but they hadn't fixed it. But seems now they might have. At least for RB, maybe the problem still exists with Saurus, i'll have to try it out.

Mousewheel and parameter value display on mouseover have worked fine in other synths for a long time in Live.

I think it is not a matter of assigning blame but understanding the circumstance. Ableton has much less at stake in addressing an obscure issue that only affects a small percentage of users. Right or wrong, it is up to the plug-in developer to make their stuff work with the host.
The problem only exists in live, no other host has had the same issue. I think Bastiaan contacted them about it, and they might have acknowledged it too, but never said what the plan was for the fix. Maybe it was done and just not flagged up, I dunno. Either way, all other hosts worked fine, Live was the only one that had this slight issue with mouse support.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: The problem only exists in live, no other host has had the same issue. I think Bastiaan contacted them about it, and they might have acknowledged it too, but never said what the plan was for the fix. Maybe it was done and just not flagged up, I dunno. Either way, all other hosts worked fine, Live was the only one that had this slight issue with mouse support.
Could also be a difference in Mac but i got no Mac to check this. My own observations are for the Windows version.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Kriminal wrote:based on fantasy.
Hey, just like the "filters" in RB!
Not "real", but SO real.
Does that help you understand at all?
Kriminal wrote:
highkoo wrote: I dont care I guess...
Jolly good, we wont be seeing any posts here then will we......
:lol:
Oh am I disturbing you..?
Who is "we" anyway?
Are you representing some silent army that approves of your presence?

I dont really mute people.. Once, I think.
But no, probably no more posts from me directed at you.
Unless I keep having to read your juvenile shit. :shrug:

Either way, bumps for RB! :P
Are people buyin?
I have not yet...
ImageImageImageImage

Ingonator wrote:I'll upgrade to Live 9 when the final version is out (too many important things to do for such "experiments") but in version 8.3.4 mouse over support does not work in Live BUT it works in Reaper 4 and should also work in other hosts. So if it is only a Rayblaster problem why is it only deactivated when the plugin is used in Live?

BTW Mousewheel support does work for me in Rayblaster. i already mentioned i was wrong.

Ingo
Mouse over works fine for me in 8.3.4 and 9

Mouse over also works for other synths in Live on both platforms

LeVzi wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
LeVzi wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

The problem only exists in live, no other host has had the same issue. I think Bastiaan contacted them about it, and they might have acknowledged it too, but never said what the plan was for the fix. Maybe it was done and just not flagged up, I dunno. Either way, all other hosts worked fine, Live was the only one that had this slight issue with mouse support.
and other synths work fine in Live (PC version) and do not have the mouse support problem that RB has... so other developers have worked around whatever issue might be there in Live on windows... It is in their own best interest to figure it out, even if it is Ableton's 'fault'

highkoo wrote:
Kriminal wrote:based on fantasy.
Hey, just like the "filters" in RB!
Not "real", but SO real.
Does that help you understand at all?
as long as it helps you, thats all that matters
highkoo wrote: Oh am I disturbing you..?
Who is "we" anyway?
Are you representing some silent army that approves of your presence?
No
Us
Yes
highkoo wrote:
But no, probably no more posts from me directed at you.
:(
highkoo wrote:
Unless I keep having to read your juvenile shit. :shrug:
ok, i'll put the gun down, you dont have to read them anymore.

pdxindy wrote: and other synths work fine in Live (PC version) and do not have the mouse support problem that RB has... so other developers have worked around whatever issue might be there in Live on windows... It is in their own best interest to figure it out, even if it is Ableton's 'fault'
Markus is aware of the problem and tries to do his best. As already mentioned the mouse over support of the Windows version works in other host like e.g. Reaper.
Repeating again and again that it works for other plugins is not helpful. It would be nice if we could leave it at that.

Peace,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
pdxindy wrote: and other synths work fine in Live (PC version) and do not have the mouse support problem that RB has... so other developers have worked around whatever issue might be there in Live on windows... It is in their own best interest to figure it out, even if it is Ableton's 'fault'
Markus is aware of the problem and tries to do his best. As already mentioned the mouse over support of the Windows version works in other host like e.g. Reaper.
Repeating again and again that it works for other plugins is not helpful. It would be nice if we could leave it at that.

Peace,
Ingo
Repeating again and again that it works in Reaper is not helpful...

I'm having so much fun with this synth. I just can't stop making sounds for it and many of them feel quite "fresh" to my ears - i.e. something that would be difficult or impossible to produce on a traditional synth.

I've run into one problem - glide doesn't seem to want to work at all apart from every third note or something. I have mono legato turned on and glide turned up - I'm playing legato and only every 2nd or 3rd note is being glided, and I think it's only doing down slides. I tried the different glide types to no avail. Is this happening for others?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

@Sendy:

Is this the same problem you are having?
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1352.0

Sendy wrote:I'm having so much fun with this synth. I just can't stop making sounds for it and many of them feel quite "fresh" to my ears - i.e. something that would be difficult or impossible to produce on a traditional synth.

I've run into one problem - glide doesn't seem to want to work at all apart from every third note or something. I have mono legato turned on and glide turned up - I'm playing legato and only every 2nd or 3rd note is being glided, and I think it's only doing down slides. I tried the different glide types to no avail. Is this happening for others?
Not that I am aware of, but i'll flag this with Markus.

Deleted for neatness
Last edited by LeVzi on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”