Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

Kool demo MaxSynths 8)
And also nice to note you were getting good bang-for-buck on the CPU cycles :)

Fritze - since you asked, here's some more stuff I've done:

https://soundcloud.com/sendy/timesplice-industries-test

Apologies about the clipping... One drawback of this synth seems to be wildly fluctuating output levels! Especially when you're modulating a lot of parameters. Essentually you're creating an impulse for every wavecycle and each impulse is pitched according to the formant knob - with low formant values each impulse runs into the next and they can 'pile up' under certain conditions making the volume hard to manage.

Is Rayblaster a new type of synthesis? To me, not really. Everything it does has been explained in time domain terms by my observations and while I don't know "how" the synth does it (I can't code :p) , I do know that it *does* it and it does it well. But while there are no real breakthroughs here for die-hard synthesists who understand a bit about granular synthesis and how that relates to other types, the synth it's-self and it's workflow and the sounds it can produce ARE new to me, and very fun to use. It really depends where you put your borderline for "new synthesis method" and I'm inclined to cut them some slack and appreciate that this synth IS at least something different which is cool in my books :)

Plus, if you love PWM, formant and sync effects like I do, you can't go wrong really :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Fritze - since you asked, here's some more stuff I've done:

Apologies about the clipping... One drawback of this synth seems to be wildly fluctuating output levels! Especially when you're modulating a lot of parameters. Essentually you're creating an impulse for every wavecycle and each impulse is pitched according to the formant knob - with low formant values each impulse runs into the next and they can 'pile up' under certain conditions making the volume hard to manage.

Is Rayblaster a new type of synthesis? To me, not really. Everything it does has been explained in time domain terms by my observations and while I don't know "how" the synth does it (I can't code :p) , I do know that it *does* it and it does it well. But while there are no real breakthroughs here for die-hard synthesists who understand a bit about granular synthesis and how that relates to other types, the synth it's-self and it's workflow and the sounds it can produce ARE new to me, and very fun to use.

Plus, if you love PWM, formant and sync effects like I do, you can't go wrong really :)
Hi Sendy,

some very nice presets, like in the other demo of you (a link was posted by EvilFRagon on the last page here). I hope you plan to do a soundbank for Rayblaster in the future. If you like you could also try to contact Tone2 to be part of future soundbanks.
Currently some people are working on the "Atmo" soundbank and maybe you could add some presets there. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

[quote="MaxSynths"]The end of the world according with Rayblaster :borg:
Happy ending to all of you, and watch your speakers :hihi:

[url=http://www.maxsynths.com/TEMP/IMS_Madness.mp3]IMS Madness[/url]

Talking of sounds that can be hardly created on other synths these are just 3 patches playing one after the other picked from some stuff I'm working on. I'm just playing a few random notes here and modulating the sound with the MW and pitch bend. The modulation options of Rayblaster allows to create unusual and complex sounds very quickly; to get the same results from another synth would require more work and the results would be different from a sonic point of view.
Sometimes I'm surprised by what you can get from just a couple of notes :-o

One interesting thing is that, considering the amount of modulation going on, the CPU load was ridiculously low in the making of this audio clip.[/quote]

insane! Makes me feel like i smoked too much weed.

Here's my first RayBlaster patch. It's a pad sound and I'm just playing a few random chords. I like how much movement you can get within a sound. The patch uses RayBlaster's internal effects. The only external effect is compression.

Fragile Gods "RayBlaster Demo" (2 min 4 sec @ 320kbps)

FrantzM wrote:Here's my first RayBlaster patch. It's a pad sound and I'm just playing a few random chords. I like how much movement you can get within a sound. The patch uses RayBlaster's internal effects. The only external effect is compression.

Fragile Gods "RayBlaster Demo" (2 min 4 sec @ 320kbps)
Nice demo. It's very nice that people start posting demos now instead of doing flame wars. Very refreshing. :)

BTW it was very quiet around Tone2 the last days, also at the forum.
The demos for the Futuron soundset have been already posted here:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1378.0

The soundset does not have been released yet and i got no idea if it will be done during christmas time or later.

Currently i am still doing presets for the upcoming Atmo/Pads soundset (second official RAyblaster soundset) after Futuron).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

FrantzM, that is an excellent sound. Is that just one patch?
RayBlaster is so good at those deep atmospheres and pads.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:FrantzM, that is an excellent sound. Is that just one patch?
RayBlaster is so good at those deep atmospheres and pads.
Thanks Ingo and Himalaya. Yes, that's just one patch. At the end, where the sound is huge, I'm just playing the same chord at both ends of the keyboard. I was going for that early 70s Tangerine Dream vibe which I thought you might appreciate. I always try to program pads like this with lots of movement but I found I could take it further with RB.

Great patch Frantz! :tu:

MaxSynths wrote:Great patch Frantz! :tu:
Thanks MaxSynths. I think you already set the gold standard with that CS80 patch.

FrantzM wrote:
MaxSynths wrote:Great patch Frantz! :tu:
Thanks MaxSynths. I think you already set the gold standard with that CS80 patch.
Oh, thank you for your kind words mate! :oops:

Ingonator wrote:
Sendy wrote:Fritze - since you asked, here's some more stuff I've done:

Is Rayblaster a new type of synthesis? To me, not really. Everything it does has been explained in time domain terms by my observations and while I don't know "how" the synth does it (I can't code :p) , I do know that it *does* it and it does it well. But while there are no real breakthroughs here for die-hard synthesists who understand a bit about granular synthesis and how that relates to other types, the synth it's-self and it's workflow and the sounds it can produce ARE new to me, and very fun to use.

Hi Sendy,

some very nice presets, like in the other demo of you (a link was posted by EvilFRagon on the last page here). I hope you plan to do a soundbank for Rayblaster in the future. If you like you could also try to contact Tone2 to be part of future soundbanks.
Currently some people are working on the "Atmo" soundbank and maybe you could add some presets there. :)

Ingo
Thanks - I'll have a whole bank put together by the end of January most probably, I'll send it to them and see what they think. I also have a couple of banks for Vanguard which I know is re-FX but it's the same people, right?

Failing that I might look for a third party to sell them for me. I've got some free banks for free synths as well which should see the light of day sooner or later.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Markus, I believe, use to work for re-FX, but not anymore. Tone2 is completely separate from re-FX.
Eternitysound VST Banks

@Sendy: PM sent

for the rest i wish a Merry Christmas. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

First a Merry Christmas to everyone!

On the facebook page they've annouced a first soundset for Rayblaster. Any info about the release date so far?

Return to “Instruments”