Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

zvenx wrote:[
INgo I want to take back my comment.......when I played it yesterday it really didn't strike me as warm. But today, I put it up against, my Korg poly6 software swell pad and your own Diva swell pad, and yes they aren't exactly the same, but well I couldn't necessarily say two of them were warm and the rayblaster one wasn't..

they all held their own.

rsp
Thanks for your comment. I already thought my ears are broken. :)

Like already mentioned i want to offer some free waveforms with impulse responses of different synths. What about e.g. FXpansion Strobe? :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
rlahalla wrote:
Ingonator wrote:I just talked with Markus about several stuff including Rayblaster and some future projects (those already mentioned above).
I asked about if it's OK to offer some waveforms, especially impulse responses of different synths, for free and he agreed.

I have to select some waveforms for the first soundset and at the same time will start to collect some waveforms that could be offered for free. This should be finished until the weekend. Maybe i could offer the first part even earlier.

Ingo
Hey Ingo, if you want some cool unique waveforms, let me know and I'll contribute some to help people get started :)
Currently i have so many things in mind which i want to do that my head starts to explode but any contributions are welcome i guess. :)

I also want to start using my new waveforms with ElectraX soon (have already tested a few) as the Resynthesis and the filters there should deliver different results.
haha, I know what you mean :) Maybe I can do some very unique ones that would help test out different filter responses? Well, I'll put some together for you and pass them on, and you can use what you'd like?

rlahalla wrote:
haha, I know what you mean :) Maybe I can do some very unique ones that would help test out different filter responses? Well, I'll put some together for you and pass them on, and you can use what you'd like?
Hi Reason,

sounds good to me. :)

I am currently checking my waveforms and will maybe publish the first free set (maybe for just one synth) soon.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
INgo I want to take back my comment.......when I played it yesterday it really didn't strike me as warm. But today, I put it up against, my Korg poly6 software swell pad and your own Diva swell pad, and yes they aren't exactly the same, but well I couldn't necessarily say two of them were warm and the rayblaster one wasn't..

they all held their own.

rsp

Like already mentioned i want to offer some free waveforms with impulse responses of different synths. What about e.g. FXpansion Strobe? :)

Ingo
actually might be interesting.....

one is one is rayblaster, one is korg poly 6 plug in and one is diva, tried to do a rough balance....

Pad A

Pad B

Pad C

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yay, yet another piece of Tone2 software that doesn't work with the VST-RTAS wrapper.

How many frelling years is that now of asking them to please, please make a simple fix to their GUIs so I can give them some money?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Ingonator wrote:

they all held their own.

rsp

Ingo
I actually have the DCAM Synth Squad suite already....but others may be interested..

rsp

Does Rayblaster include a Midi-CC learn capability? I didn't like having to rely on host automation in Saurus to get control of the knobs.

Ingonator wrote:I just talked with Markus about several stuff including Rayblaster and some future projects (those already mentioned above).
I asked about if it's OK to offer some waveforms, especially impulse responses of different synths, for free and he agreed.
Thanks Ingo! :wheee:

solar28 wrote:Does Rayblaster include a Midi-CC learn capability? I didn't like having to rely on host automation in Saurus to get control of the knobs.
The only mention in the help document for MIDI learn is for Gladiator.

Have they also removed the Favorites option for presets?

so i got the demo now, the RANDOMIZE button isnt there, is it in the full version?

Caine123 wrote:so i got the demo now, the RANDOMIZE button isnt there, is it in the full version?

There's no randomizer. No Midi learn. No preset favourites. (?)
Instead they concentrated on putting in the "Buy Sounds" tab.

re_mute wrote:
Caine123 wrote:so i got the demo now, the RANDOMIZE button isnt there, is it in the full version?

ahh ok someone said there is one, guess it was a joke, well i love gladiator2 for the random button, got so many nice sounds through it :). a pity they dont implement this feature in synths anymore it seems.

Caine123 wrote:
re_mute wrote:

ahh ok someone said there is one, guess it was a joke, well i love gladiator2 for the random button, got so many nice sounds through it :). a pity they dont implement this feature in synths anymore it seems.
Can your host/DAW randomize? I know Sonar has a Randomize option in its VST wrapper so that you can do it to anything.... To be honest, the results are generally unusable anyway.

I am very late to this party. I received an email offer from Tone2 (the one with free WarmVerb) and so I decided to go back and look at this synthesizer again. I watched the videos on Tone2's web page and read the stuff on their web site. I skimmed through the first 12 or so pages of this thread and just gave up trying to extract information on how the synth works.

I decided that my buying decision for Rayblaster will be based on whether Tone2 publishes a reasonable technical explanation concerning what the synth does.

I am not planning to attempt to reverse engineer the synth even though I am an experienced computational scientist and mathematician with plenty of background and knowledge in modern methods in signal and image processing (stochastic processes, inverse problems and deconvolution, and image reconstruction and segmentation in my case). For me synths are a hobby. I am just personally not interested in buying a "black box".

In my opinion Tone2 would be better served by giving its potential buyers the benefit of the doubt, cutting out the BS, and publishing hard technical information. I understand that it can be extremely difficult to explain things to novices or even other technical people outside your field, but there are those here (not only me) who are not novices, who are also interested in buying, and who like me loath the idea stealing.

My 2 cents, FWIW.

Dr. Gribs, Ph.D. :-o
------------------------------------------
Gribs

MaxSynths wrote: CS-80 Soft Pad MxS
Based on an impulse sampled from a real CS-80.
Nice. I think this is excellent in the mid to high frequencies. Less chainsaws and burps and more like this please!

Return to “Instruments”