Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

Ingonator wrote:A little info about Tone2 official plans and my own future plans concerning Tone2:

1.) Official plans for the future:
- Rayblaster mixed soundset (based also on remaining presets from the factory sounds submission)
submitted by ALL the preset makers? If so, why where they not put with the rest of the Factory Bank(s)

if just yours, ignore.

Kriminal wrote:
Ingonator wrote:A little info about Tone2 official plans and my own future plans concerning Tone2:

- Rayblaster mixed soundset (based also on remaining presets from the factory sounds submission)
submitted by ALL the preset makers? If so, why where they not put with the rest of the Factory Bank(s)

if just yours, ignore.
Take a guess why i divided the post into "official" and "personal" and take another guess why they are not all included.
Have in mind how this worked with the factory sounds in Synapse Audio Dune and rethink your question... :wink:

For the record:
All together i submitted over 110 presets and thanks for your "faith" in my sound design skills.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Kriminal wrote: submitted by ALL the preset makers? If so, why where they not put with the rest of the Factory Bank(s)
We deliberately wanted to exclude your favorites... :hihi:

Ingonator wrote: BTW the waveforms are saved within the presets file so the factory bank includes more waveforms than those in the waveform factory content.
Great tip. I did not know this.
Ingonator wrote: I'll check which of those will not make it in a commercial set anyway and try to publish a free link ASAP. Could not promise an exact time now. Maybe the first ones could be very early.
There is no urgency for me. I won't have time to give RB a serious evaluation for another week or two.

I appreciate all of your efforts on this.

Ingonator wrote: Just created a fast audio demo (no external FXs used):

Ingo Weidner - RayBlaster - Warm Poly6 Pad 1

Sounds totally harsh and digital to me... :wink:

As the name implies this was created based on a waveform (= filter response) from the Polysix plugin.
a comparable preset (not in the factory presets) based on a waveform from the Moog Slim Phatty (same MIDI track used):

Ingo Weidner - RayBlaster - Slim Warmy 1

For this preset the "Low Cut" had be to be set to the middle position as the low end was too much for this kind of sound...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

if just yours, ignore.
Take a guess why i divided the post into "official" and "personal"
Yes, i was just checking, hence why i said if yours ignore. I wasnt questioning your sounds....just curious as to why they didnt include ALL submitted sounds
Ingonator wrote: take another guess why they are not all included.
Have in mind how this worked with the factory sounds in Synapse Audio Dune and rethink your question... :wink:
Well, Rich picked the ones he thought was best for the synth. I assume Tone2 did the same? Begs the question why the ones that got rejected are now going to be released as a seperate bank if they were not good enough for initial release

Kriminal wrote: Well, Rich picked the ones he thought was best for the synth. I assume Tone2 did the same? Begs the question why the ones that got rejected are now going to be released as a seperate bank if they were not good enough for initial release
Indeed they were selected based on that. I did not have a chance to listen to all other presets but it was a decision about what is needed in the factory sounds and what fits better to later soundsets.
The Tone2 soundsets usually contain well over 200 presets which should be also the case here. I also expect that it includes a selection of additional waveforms.

Personally i am also on the side of adding more presets to the factory library but i could also understand the way it worked here (and with Dune too).

I don't know how many additional presets will be requested for the first soundset but for the Pads/Atmo soundset there will be created many additional ones for sure.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

So this is the last synth anyone ever needs? Just import the waveform from any synth and you get a 1:1 emulation? Sounds a bit too good to be true...
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro

JimmiG wrote:So this is the last synth anyone ever needs? Just import the waveform from any synth and you get a 1:1 emulation? Sounds a bit too good to be true...
Not a 1:1 emulation of the synth, but the filter response.
For a resonant sound you also need a resonant waveform.

Here is an example from a resonant Saurus waveform with the spectrum at different Formant values:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53230726/Raybl ... es%201.pdf

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

JimmiG wrote:So this is the last synth anyone ever needs? Just import the waveform from any synth and you get a 1:1 emulation? Sounds a bit too good to be true...
Well I don't know if we can be so optimistic... It's not that easy, there are a lot of parameters that can modify the sound in a lot of different ways in Rayblaster and this kind of synthesis it's so new that it's not very easy to set a proper list of "rules" in order to have a good emulation. By the way it's not so difficult to reach really good results if you want to experiment and have no fear to tweak the knobs! :D

These are two examples of a couple of patches of mine (not included in the factory presets). I think the emulation attempt here is very good.

CS-80 Soft Pad MxS
Based on an impulse sampled from a real CS-80.

Clarinet MxS
The string "sound" is sampled from real strings; I don't like the result on the strings too much to be honest. The wind instrument uses an impulse sampled from a clarinet sample, and this is very good IMO! :D

I just talked with Markus about several stuff including Rayblaster and some future projects (those already mentioned above).
I asked about if it's OK to offer some waveforms, especially impulse responses of different synths, for free and he agreed.

I have to select some waveforms for the first soundset and at the same time will start to collect some waveforms that could be offered for free. This should be finished until the weekend. Maybe i could offer the first part even earlier.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:I just talked with Markus about several stuff including Rayblaster and some future projects (those already mentioned above).
I asked about if it's OK to offer some waveforms, especially impulse responses of different synths, for free and he agreed.

I have to select some waveforms for the first soundset and at the same time will start to collect some waveforms that could be offered for free. This should be finished until the weekend. Maybe i could offer the first part even earlier.

Ingo
Hey Ingo, if you want some cool unique waveforms, let me know and I'll contribute some to help people get started :)

JimmiG wrote:So this is the last synth anyone ever needs?
Ha ha, yeah right :D The last synth needed until GAS requires more :lol:

rlahalla wrote:
Ingonator wrote:I just talked with Markus about several stuff including Rayblaster and some future projects (those already mentioned above).

Ingo
Hey Ingo, if you want some cool unique waveforms, let me know and I'll contribute some to help people get started :)
Currently i have so many things in mind which i want to do that my head starts to explode but any contributions are welcome i guess. :)

I also want to start using my new waveforms with ElectraX soon (have already tested a few) as the Resynthesis and the filters there should deliver different results.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
zvenx wrote:[

including that one Ingo and sorry, that patch was neither warm or non digital sounding to me......
Just created a fast audio demo (no external FXs used):

Ingo Weidner - RayBlaster - Warm Poly6 Pad 1

Sounds totally harsh and digital to me... :wink:

As the name implies this was created based on a waveform (= filter response) from the Polysix plugin.

Ingo
INgo I want to take back my comment.......when I played it yesterday it really didn't strike me as warm. But today, I put it up against, my Korg poly6 software swell pad and your own Diva swell pad, and yes they aren't exactly the same, but well I couldn't necessarily say two of them were warm and the rayblaster one wasn't..

they all held their own.

rsp

Return to “Instruments”