Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

Got a mail for the special offer.. But it's not really a better price for loyal customers which are only interested to buy this synth. You get Warmverb for free (saves 59€ /$79)... But at the end it's the same price you must pay to get Rayblaster :D

IMO it would be better to have some introductory offer for all interested buyers only this year. It's the end of the year, people always bought a lot of stuff (Black Friday, some big updates like Cubase 7 are near the public release, Xmas presents).

Some persistent discount for customers is IMO another story. Have 1 Tone2 plug-in get 5%, have 2 get 10%... You get the picture.

4damind wrote:Got a mail for the special offer.. But it's not really a better price for loyal customers which are only interested to buy this synth. You get Warmverb for free (saves 59€ /$79)... But at the end it's the same price you must pay to get Rayblaster :D
If you e-mail Bastiaan (noord@tone2.com) he'll send you a link for a discounted price on Rayblaster alone.

4damind wrote:Got a mail for the special offer.. But it's not really a better price for loyal customers which are only interested to buy this synth. You get Warmverb for free (saves 59€ /$79)... But at the end it's the same price you must pay to get Rayblaster :D
Just wanted to confirm this. Got the email too.

This maybe is no bargain for those interested only in Rayblaster but for those also interested in Warmverb it should be very interesting.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

A little info about Tone2 official plans and my own future plans concerning Tone2:

1.) Official plans for the future:

- Raylaster bug fixes (if necessary)
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?board=30.0
- Rayblaster mixed soundset (based also on remaining presets from the factory sounds submission)
- Rayblaster Pad/Atmospheres soundset (will take a little time)
- ElectraX update (was already started but stopped for some time)
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?board=18.0
- Saurus 1.1 update (no beta started yet)
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?board=25.0
- ElectraX soundset
- further updates for other plugins (don't know about exact plans yet)

There are also ideas for a new synth but that's just an idea yet.

2.) My persoanal plans (sorted by priority)

- providing additional waveform/wavetable content for Rayblaster & ElectraX (should be part of future soundsets)
- working on presets (and waveforms) for the Rayblaster Pad/atmosphere soundset
- additional presets for Rayblaster
- participate in official ElectraX soundset
- create a signature soundbank for ElectraX (including additional waveforms/samples)
- finally if time is left some more Saurus presets

All of those have been at least started or at least some test presets were created.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo: Do you know if any more waveforms will be included in a free update or will all new waveforms be part of additional soundsets for sale? I am interested in programming my own RayBlaster sounds rather than using presets but creating my own waveforms is probably more work than I am willing to do.

You know, there are a lot of things tone2 do with their GUI's that I've come to like over the years and ONE SIMPLE THING I wish they'd do.

First the things I like:

- Tune knobs which snap to harmonic ratios. This is good because you can twiddle the knob and get different pitches live without it ever creating dissonance.

- The extra data filtering stuff in the mod matrix.

- The invisible modulators in the mod matrix - sinewaves of many different interlocking speeds and a wide range of decay contours. Perfect for getting the most out of the main envelops and LFOs.

What's the one thing I really wish they'd impliment? Double clicking to zero controls. WHY THEY NO DO THAT? Seriously, hardware controls have a center detent and "dead zone" to make zeroing easy, the software equivalent of that is the doubleclick to zero.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

FrantzM wrote:Ingo: Do you know if any more waveforms will be included in a free update or will all new waveforms be part of additional soundsets for sale? I am interested in programming my own RayBlaster sounds rather than using presets but creating my own waveforms is probably more work than I am willing to do.
No idea about free ones yet but the soundsets will include additional ones for sure. BTW the waveforms are saved within the presets file so the factory bank includes more waveforms than those in the waveform factory content.

At some point i'll check which waveforms from my collection, especially those based on filter responses of different synths, will not be part of a commercial set.
I'll check which of those will not make it in a commercial set anyway and try to publish a free link ASAP. Could not promise an exact time now. Maybe the first ones could be very early.

Here's a list of synths that i have created single cycles with filter responses of:
Moog Slim Phatty (with 1 pole up to 4 filter poles, Resonant, non-Resonant and different waveforms), Tone2 Saurus, Xils Synthix, U-He Diva (Jupiter + Minimoog), FXpansion Strobe, Waldorf Largo (including Comb filters), FXpansion Cypher, TAL U-NO-LX, TAL BassLine, Korg Polysix plugin, D16 LuSH-101 (processed with external EQ), D16 Phoscyon (= TB-303), Arturia Jupiter 8V, Arturia Oberheim SEM V, WayOutWare KikAxxe and Soniccouture Novachord (waveform recreated with DNR Wave Designer).

Based on samples (small snapshots from those samples) i have just created waveforms from Solina, Mellotron, Fairlight and the FS1R.

Besides that i have just created long waveforms based on the complete wavetable scans (done with the PPG 3.V) of the first 32 PPG Wave wavetables (waveforms around 64000-65000 samples long).

And that's not all...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ok, problem. I've just added a bunch of waveforms to the waveform folder and now it tries to display them all at once and fails. We really need a better file picker GUI for loading waveforms.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Ok, problem. I've just added a bunch of waveforms to the waveform folder and now it tries to display them all at once and fails. We really need a better file picker GUI for loading waveforms.
I am using my own folders within the default waveform folder. That way i have to select them from a file dialog but i don't get a mess...

Anyway i agree that the handling of a big amount of waveforms could be improved.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Opinions are different about this synth... Some guys found the sound too harsh and digital.
Anyway, the price for existing Tone2 customers is about 119€ (ask Baastian). So if the 149€ price tag is the show stopper, take this into the account.

4damind wrote:Opinions are different about this synth... Some guys found the sound too harsh and digital.
Anyway, the price for existing Tone2 customers is about 119€ (ask Baastian). So if the 149€ price tag is the show stopper, take this into the account.
I hope for Bastiaan sake, everyone got the same discount and not based on the number of Tone2 products you already have the license for...... cause if is based on the number of tone2 products and different ppl have different pricing, you may have just opened a new can of worms

rsp

4damind wrote:Some guys found the sound too harsh and digital.
This just depends on the waveforms you use and how you program the preset. You could check the preset "Warm Poly6 Pad IW"... :)

There are also the "Damp" and "Low Cut" parameters in the Oscillators plus different choices in the setup menu (besides "Psychoacoustic" or "Bass Boost" etc.). Last but not least the FX section contains an EQ and a Compressor mode.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
4damind wrote:Some guys found the sound too harsh and digital.
This just depends on the waveforms you use and how you program the preset. You could check the preset "Warm Poly6 Pad IW"... :)

There are also the "Damp" and "Low Cut" parameters in the Oscillators plus different choices in the setup menu (besides "Psychoacoustic" or "Bass Boost" etc.). Last but not least the FX section contains an EQ and a Compressor mode.

Ingo
To be honest for the most part I found it harsh and digital......not saying it is a bad thing.....it is great for some contexts..... and I did go thru all 500 plus patches.......

including that one Ingo and sorry, that patch was neither warm or non digital sounding to me......

rsp

zvenx wrote:[

including that one Ingo and sorry, that patch was neither warm or non digital sounding to me......
Just created a fast audio demo (no external FXs used):

Ingo Weidner - RayBlaster - Warm Poly6 Pad 1

Sounds totally harsh and digital to me... :wink:

As the name implies this was created based on a waveform (= filter response) from the Polysix plugin.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

note I didn't say this one was harsh, was for me neither warm nor digital sounding.....

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”