Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

Urs wrote:Ingo, please... :|
Just edited my post (at least a part) even if i think i did not post anything really bad or totally wrong in my last post...

The fact that people repeat the same statements about Tone2 synths again and again does not make it more right.

Rayblaster is a cool synth and i did my very best to deliver as much help and informations as possible but such comments repeated again and again start to get me a bit pissed.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Sorry Urs but the fact that people repeat the same thing over and over does not make it more right...
So why do you mention my stuff? In a Tone2 thread?

Ingonator wrote:
Just edited my post (at least a part) even if i think i did not post anything really bad or totally wrong in my last post...

The fact that people repeat the same statements about Tone2 synths again and again does not make it more right.

Rayblaster is a cool synth and i did my very bets to deliver as much help and informations as possible but such comments repeated again and again start to get me a bit pissed.

Ingo
Leave it to Tone2 then. You dont work for them. They can look after themselves.

Urs wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Sorry Urs but the fact that people repeat the same thing over and over does not make it more right...
So why do you mention my stuff? In a Tone2 thread?
I just wrote a reply to your post and deleted a part of my post while you answered.
This is what's left and it's neither bad and also not wrong:
Ingonator wrote: The statement that all Tone2 synths sound the same is as wrong as to say Zebra, Diva, ACE, TyrellN6 and Bazille do sound the same...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

If all Brand X synths sound the same to someone... then... all Brand X synths sound the same to someone! There is no right or wrong because different people look for different similarities and different... um... differences. To the average person on youtube, who is probably the average music listener, a Minimoog sounds "like Nintendo". And in a way they are completely right (and completely wrong).

That's what makes being a human with artistic endeavours so compelling.

I personally think there's enough diversity to warrant getting all T2 synths, but I can understand why some would not have that taste.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:If all Brand X synths sound the same to someone... then... all Brand X synths sound the same to someone! There is no right or wrong because different people look for different similarities and different... um... differences.
The someones should probably get their ears checked then... or stop making music because their ears suck. I can tell the difference between Tone2's synths by the audio examples listening on laptop speakers. You know it's a shame how people act when they don't like something, they go bash on it instead of arguing logically. Anyway, this thread is dead to me, too much off-topic and bullshit. I think the people warning about the instrument part of these forums are right in the end.

Sendy wrote:If all Brand X synths sound the same to someone... then... all Brand X synths sound the same to someone! There is no right or wrong because different people look for different similarities and different... um... differences.
Of course you are correct but if someone or several people starts to mention the same again and again in the same thread it seems to be enough at a certain point.

Those comments are especially strange when they come from people that have not owned/used all of those products over a longer time (besides flipping through some presets) which could justify that impression.

So, now it's time to calm down for me and start doing more Rayblaster presets...

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:This is what's left and it's neither bad and also not wrong:
Ingonator wrote: The statement that all Tone2 synths sound the same is as wrong as to say Zebra, Diva, ACE, TyrellN6 and Bazille do sound the same...
And yet I'd appreciate if you didn't use our products for whatever comparisons you need to make.

Ingonator wrote: The statement that all Tone2 synths sound the same is as wrong...
It's not "wrong", it's some people's subjective experience.
You're doing more harm than good to Tone2 with these pronouncements.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Wow. Really? :hihi:

Some of you guys are messed up. You shouldn't be making music if some synths sound samey to you? :cry:

I guess, because I /can/ tell the difference, I'm OK. But these people I've mentioned who found some synths samey are pretty screwed now, eh? :hihi:

*continues making music* ...... *(if that's ok)*
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

all Stradivarius sound the same unless the operator does somthing unique!!

It's OK to use anything for analogy isn't it ?? ( especially spurious analogy :P !! ; this is KVR , no??)
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

chk071 wrote: The someones should probably get their ears checked then... or stop making music because their ears suck. I can tell the difference between Tone2's synths by the audio examples listening on laptop speakers. You know it's a shame how people act when they don't like something, they go bash on it instead of arguing logically. Anyway, this thread is dead to me, too much off-topic and bullshit. I think the people warning about the instrument part of these forums are right in the end.
Aw, don't sulk and pout. Your logical input is valued immensely. I, for instance, would like to hear you explain how taste and perception can be "argued logically". Once you're done with that, you can explain how bashing the imagined bashers is on-topic and non-bullshit.

My work here is done. ;)

I actually *like* the sounds of Tone2's stuff. I assumed it had that "sheen" on from the same process as used in their exciter FX.
I don't see it as a problem if there's a certain sound to a companies products.

chk071 wrote: The someones should probably get their ears checked then... or stop making music because their ears suck. I can tell the difference between Tone2's synths by the audio examples listening on laptop speakers.
This should be on Tone2's homepage, front and centre with a picture of you in all of your awesomeness.

Supposedly good to stand out in a crowd ; Tone2 synths are no wallflowers to be sure! 8)
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

Return to “Instruments”