SynthMasterCM & SynthMasterBE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

topaz wrote:At a guess to misinterpreted that, they no doubt mean using the presets to create loop library's to sell.

It doesn't mention "music"

angelremington wrote:Interesting... I was actually about to install the Synthmaster CM and check it out, but after reading the license agreement it makes me wonder what's this about, they give you something for "free" but you can only use it for "personal" use - not commercial.
Considering that even having video on Youtube with ads /monetization enabled, is commercial use, honestly can't be bothered with these "free" things.

So it is free but... - No thanks

license:

The supplied software is provided free of charge with Computer Music magazine. Any software supplied, including access codes and free trial codes, is for your personal use only and must not be sold, used for commercial purposes, supplied to any third party or uploaded to any websites.
Well mate you could be right, but having full licensed version of so many different synths or other plugins, none of them comes with license like that.

Never mind, don't really need it anyway.

moutkie08 wrote:is the Beat edition version available already?
thanks.
Well, I just got the 01/2013 copy of Beat, no. 85, this has Aalto. So in fact for Synthmaster BE you will have to wait until the 02/2013 copy, no. 86, which will be out early January (confusing, these montly dated releases, which are in the shop the month before...)

angelremington wrote:Interesting... I was actually about to install the Synthmaster CM and check it out, but after reading the license agreement it makes me wonder what's this about, they give you something for "free" but you can only use it for "personal" use - not commercial.
Considering that even having video on Youtube with ads /monetization enabled, is commercial use, honestly can't be bothered with these "free" things.

So it is free but... - No thanks

license:

The supplied software is provided free of charge with Computer Music magazine. Any software supplied, including access codes and free trial codes, is for your personal use only and must not be sold, used for commercial purposes, supplied to any third party or uploaded to any websites.
You're right - our license is confusing. I'll follow this up with our Rights department tomorrow and get a clearer version sorted for future use.

In any case, you CAN use our software to make commercial music :) That's not a problem at all.

I am getting a strange error message when I try to reach the GUI of the Synthmaster CM plug in Cubase 6.5 (either in 32 bits or 64 bits)

It says:

The hardware buffer size of the current audio device (0 bytes) or the buffer size parameter in SynthMaster is not compatible with SynthMaster.
Please change the hardware buffer size to a value that is a multiple of 16 samples or set the buffer size parameter in the current preset to 'Medium'

When I check in the audio latency setup in Cubase, it is set to 40 ms.

So the other option seemed to be to " set the buffer size parameter in the current preset to 'Medium' "

but I cannot find anything like that in the Global Settings...

So, at this time, I have no audio coming out of SynthMaster CM at all.

I have already updated to the latest version avalable in the CM vault.

Any clue about what I should do to get this working?

Anybody else getting the same problem?

Tx

OK, just found another thread describing the same problem:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15

And, as for the others in this thread, I do not have the control of the buffer size in terms of samples (only in ms)... and 48KHz is not an option for me neither.

This looks like a major show stopper. I am happy to have discovered this using the CM version rather than after buying the full version.

I still haven't gotten mine because freaking Zinio Reader 4 (all updated and with updated Adobe Air) won't download or open online any magazines now, though it did the last time I used it. I keep getting the same error. The person from KV331 emailed Computer Music so I guess it's possible they'll contact me and let me prove to them I bought the magazine so they'll unlock my Vault content. If not, who knows if or when I'll ever access the download and get the synth. :( :x :help:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

hersisson612 wrote:I am getting a strange error message when I try to reach the GUI of the Synthmaster CM plug in Cubase 6.5 (either in 32 bits or 64 bits)

It says:

The hardware buffer size of the current audio device (0 bytes) or the buffer size parameter in SynthMaster is not compatible with SynthMaster.
Please change the hardware buffer size to a value that is a multiple of 16 samples or set the buffer size parameter in the current preset to 'Medium'

When I check in the audio latency setup in Cubase, it is set to 40 ms.

So the other option seemed to be to " set the buffer size parameter in the current preset to 'Medium' "

but I cannot find anything like that in the Global Settings...

So, at this time, I have no audio coming out of SynthMaster CM at all.

I have already updated to the latest version avalable in the CM vault.

Any clue about what I should do to get this working?

Anybody else getting the same problem?

Tx

OK, just found another thread describing the same problem:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15

And, as for the others in this thread, I do not have the control of the buffer size in terms of samples (only in ms)... and 48KHz is not an option for me neither.

This looks like a major show stopper. I am happy to have discovered this using the CM version rather than after buying the full version.
Either set sampling rate to 48k or set hw buffer size to a multiple of 16, like 256/512/1024 etc.

I'll have an update coming up to ease this restriction.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

A.M. Gold wrote:I still haven't gotten mine because freaking Zinio Reader 4 (all updated and with updated Adobe Air) won't download or open online any magazines now, though it did the last time I used it. I keep getting the same error. The person from KV331 emailed Computer Music so I guess it's possible they'll contact me and let me prove to them I bought the magazine so they'll unlock my Vault content. If not, who knows if or when I'll ever access the download and get the synth. :( :x :help:
You can also download a Zinio app for Android phone or iPhone, if that helps... personally i hate to have a program for everything i want to do, so i dl'd the Android app. I wished they would offer some DRM pdf, if something like that exists, so i don't have to install loads of programs to my machine.

Sadly, I don't have either. I'm still in the flip-phone age. :hihi:

Some of the Zinio mags are available through the normal PC web browsers, but not this one. Hopefully either CM or Zinio customer support will come through for me. If this is a problem with Adobe Air, God knows how long it will take to be resolved. This is all a pretty big, complicated mess and, to my mind, it represents a partially broken supply chain, which is why I was willing to bug KV331 directly---I only bought the mag for their synth and really have no other interest in it. I may never buy another downloadable CM mag.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

After all the kudos this Synth hass received, I thought I would give the CM version a try. However...

In Cubase 64-bit under Win7, I get repeated hanging notes, and changing presets crashes Cubase. I am sure that this will be fixed, but this, plus all the other reported bugs, doesn't give me any confidence that this is a stable product, yet, and dose not fill me with confidence regarding the full version, which I was also prepared to try.

BTW, I am using the latest version from the CM Vault.

Sorry, uninstalled, and destined for the trash can....
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Changing presets hangs Sonar X1. Not usable so far.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Quick question, can soundsets be purchased from the store and used in the CM Synthmaster version? I have purchased the CM mag and am downloading the content now.

rsanchez346 wrote:Quick question, can soundsets be purchased from the store and used in the CM Synthmaster version? I have purchased the CM mag and am downloading the content now.
AFAIK No.

downloaded the latest from cmvault. Loads in Ableton Live, OSX. When I attempt to change presets from default, it crashes.

vbfischer wrote:downloaded the latest from cmvault. Loads in Ableton Live, OSX. When I attempt to change presets from default, it crashes.
This could be a permissions related issue. Could you please send me the crash report? Thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

satYatunes wrote:Changing presets hangs Sonar X1. Not usable so far.
I was one of the first to try this synth (being a CM mag subscriber) and found the CM version was really broken. An email to support got a link to the latest version which does work for a while but then Sonar X2a will white screen and die.
I gave up playing with it which is a shame as it has the potential to be a beast.

Grum.

Return to “Instruments”