Timewarp2600 updates?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

OutCider wrote:You just can't beat due diligence before purchase, which is why I've never made a bad buy and why I don't constantly repeat myself and berate software, which I why you can't play word bingo (housy for the yanks) with my posts. :)

Talking of due diligence and history repeating, Dibble, I'm just saying 17 edits :lol:
Like I said, you've never made a mistake in your life.

Bravo! Can I have some of your perfect pills?

wagtunes wrote:
OutCider wrote:You just can't beat due diligence before purchase, which is why I've never made a bad buy and why I don't constantly repeat myself and berate software, which I why you can't play word bingo (housy for the yanks) with my posts. :)

Talking of due diligence and history repeating, Dibble, I'm just saying 17 edits :lol:

don't bother man, you will *never* get a peaceful result with him, ever. Just put him on mute like I have and KVR becomes much nicer.

re the arturia GUI's, the ARE going to update them.

Re timewarp, if AIR have taken over, that means it's suddenly safe to invest in believe me.

Re the Arturia guis, I can't wait for the upgrade.

Re *another* TMN interjection, I can live without :)
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

TheoM wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

don't bother man, you will *never* get a peaceful result with him, ever. Just put him on mute like I have and KVR becomes much nicer.

Re timewarp, if AIR have taken over, that means it's suddenly safe to invest in believe me.
You know, I love the sound of AIR Loom. I demo'd it and it was one of my favorite synths. But unfortunately, it was so unstable on my PC (it was the new build at the time) that it not only crashed Cubase but it made it so that I couldn't use it anymore and had to literally reinstall my Cubase. Because of that experience, I stay away from AIR stuff, which is a shame because Loom was an amazing synth as far as architecture goes.

well that's a shame, as they have fixed all known bugs, i haven't had a single crash and i have the whole pack, honest

TheoM wrote:well that's a shame, as they have fixed all known bugs, i haven't had a single crash and i have the whole pack, honest
I'm sure they've probably worked out all the kinks since but I am just so gun shy after that experience I don't dare take a chance. A system restore and a reinstall of Cubase after the restore didn't work was not fun.

wagtunes wrote:
TheoM wrote:well that's a shame, as they have fixed all known bugs, i haven't had a single crash and i have the whole pack, honest
I'm sure they've probably worked out all the kinks since but I am just so gun shy after that experience I don't dare take a chance. A system restore and a reinstall of Cubase after the restore didn't work was not fun.

well they do have full demos you could try.. are you sure it wasn't an ilok bug and not a problem of the air stuff? Ilok have updated and fixed their windows drivers.. you weren't on win 10 were you? ilok was having major issues with win 10. Regardless whatever you decide, i hope it all works out the best for you.

I had a huge row with Chris at air so believe me i have no "stake" in telling you good things other than my honest opinion on the products themselves.

wagtunes wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
sprnva wrote:Resizable GUI should be on the way soon. They've already show a beta of MiniV with it.
As this is a thread for TW2600, is that the GUI that will be updated?

Apart from GUI size does the Arturia ArpV and TW2600 complement each other, or make each other obsolete?
Sound wise neither is a 2600. As far as which one sounds closer, it's a matter of opinion. Nobody has nailed the 2600 and I doubt anybody ever will.

So the answer to your question is, GUI aside, if you have one, you don't need the other. Especially if you're looking for an "authentic" 2600.
So is the GUI significantly larger?

I'm with you on the GUI. I run on 2K, and the Arturia demo was a no-go for me because of the microscopic UI.

Timewarp2600 was always on my wishlist and I almost bought it several times, but I just don't because I hear its like you say, that it still hasn't nailed the 2600 sound.

Its a tempting sale... but with Reaktor 6 (which I will uprgade soon to) and the impending Softube Modular, I'm wondering if its even worth working with emulations of old (classic) gear.

I really would love a demo to better make a decision.

TheoM wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Hmmm... That just adds to the complexity of making a good choice. With updated (resizable) UIs I'll definitely have to reconsider Arturia. As cheap as their synths have been, I'll still have to wait because I encountered too many bugs with their demos (quite a few crashes).

I'm very happy to see that they're listening at least and supporting higher resolutions.

When I last demoed it I thought the filter on it was one of the best I'd ever heard, and way better than the Arturia one. I haven't a clue how close it is to the hardware, I just liked it - very organic, bubbly and alive.

That alone made it very tempting but I just couldn't see a future for the plugin.

I note Simon hasn't answered HunterKiller's question yet about whether the plugin will be merely maintained from now on, or developed further??

I've had both the Arturia and this one since the start. I could never use the Arturia one beside this one. Only about 10% of the sounds on that sound great. And even when you start messing, it sounds thin and weak, like it doesn't have legs and is missing a body and well... it's like a shadow of the real thing. Even as a softsynth, the Arturia does not impress. It has some good things, but even when those are used, you know you can only use this limited range of sounds/settings, otherwise, you quickly get into "fake" & "thin" territory.

With Timewarp there was none of that. I've very few crashes either. And while it needed the more modern touch on its filters and several other components, from 2005 it has been the best analog emu till the beginning of the Diva period when also other manufacturers began to implement the new generation of component emulation.

Up to this day, it still sounds great and is very usable in a wide range of conditions. Esp if you love 70's electronic music. I love its smooth oscillators and the fact that overall the plugin behaves like a machine would, not like a piece of software would. Haven't experienced that with 99% of other plugins on the market.

And lnikl, thanks for mentioning that. Still waiting for Simon. (Simon, don't pull a Jim-Houdini here and disappear a little too many times on us. It just doesn't bode well in this industry.)
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Hi folks, occasionally we have holidays :) Back now sorry for the delay.
Yes this plugin will be maintained and updated by the same team as AIR.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

That's good news, Simon! I just upgraded to AIP3 and am very impressed by everything that is included in the bundle. I'm fully confident that Timewarp is in very good hands in that case. :) :tu:

sbangs_air wrote:Hi folks, occasionally we have holidays :) Back now sorry for the delay.
Yes this plugin will be maintained and updated by the same team as AIR.
Cool, I hope you guys give the preset bank a makeover. I always thought it was weird that every preset clipped the plugin internally.

Do you have any plans for Way Out Ware's KikAXXE? Thanks
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”