Diversion 1.2 is out and goes on sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for kind words guys! Now I'm finishing Mac version (wow, I can't believe it works now :-o ) and few features for the next update. After that I'll think on how to make a sort of favorites, thanks for the tip Richard.

Hello Dmitry,
My suggestion for future updates copy and paste for the oscillators.

best

Piet :)

Hi Dmitry (and everyone else),

I bought Diversion today.

I think it would be nice to have a forum for this synth!

Here is a question for you:

I am trying to load some single cycle wave forms that I bought a long time ago from Galbanum, but they do not seem to be loading. I can navigate, via the wave form editor, to the right spot on my hard drive and click on one of the wav files and hit "open" without an error, but no waveform shows up in the waveform editor. Also, if I copy one of the wave forms to the

\Documents\Diversion\Library\Modules\Oscillator\Wavetables

folder then the file name shows up in the list of waves in the wave editor, but when I click on it the wave does not load. I noticed that the bit rate for the Galbanum waves is different than the "factory" waves. Should I try converting the bit rate using extreme sample converter or audacity or something like that?

Cheers,
------------------------------------------
Gribs

sches wrote:Thanks for kind words guys! Now I'm finishing Mac version (wow, I can't believe it works now :-o ) and few features for the next update. After that I'll think on how to make a sort of favorites, thanks for the tip Richard.
nice.
thanks

looking forward to both, as I am also a mac user.

rsp

Gribs wrote:I am trying to load some single cycle wave forms that I bought a long time ago from Galbanum
Aren't those waveforms 32 Bit? I think I tried some of their free ones in Diversion and also was unable to load them. 24 Bit should fix that AFAIK.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Gribs wrote:I am trying to load some single cycle wave forms that I bought a long time ago from Galbanum
Aren't those waveforms 32 Bit? I think I tried some of their free ones in Diversion and also was unable to load them. 24 Bit should fix that AFAIK.
I think they are 24 Bit. I tried exporting one to both 24 Bit and 16 Bit from Audacity. Diversion did not read the 24 Bit wave but it did read the 16 bit wave.

I realized as I was eating dinner just now that a major problem with using the Galbanum wave forms is that any preset that I should make using one cannot, in my opinion and based on the license for the product, be shared with other users of Diversion. That is something I imagine it would be fun to do, so I think I am going to stick with freebies found via the web or maybe (time permitting) write a little Matlab code to generate and write out 16 bit wave forms.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:Hi Dmitry (and everyone else),

I bought Diversion today.

I think it would be nice to have a forum for this synth!
+1
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Gribs, Tom, could you please give me one instance of a wave file that can't be directly loaded into the plugin? I want Diversion to be able loading any wav file, without external conversion. So I'll check and update the synth.

I didn't setup subforum here yet, because there were not many posts. I'll definitely make that if the topic will go further.

Piet, it was planned to add copy/paste oscs long ago, I'll make that with one of the future updates.

Thanks guys for suggestions and feedback.

How long for the Mac Release?

I think not longer than a month...

Crackbaby wrote:If anyone is looking for a silly amount of single cycle waveforms -> http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/wavefor ... waveforms/
Even the huge package of over 25,000 waveforms of galbanum is perfect for diversion.

http://www.galbanum.com/products/archit ... forms2010/

cheers

Piet

Fix the insane CPU consumption first (I doubt you can after all this time) and think about new stuff later ok?

Wtf is wrong with you? :lol:

A highly underrated synth around these parts. I am definitely going to check out the new wavetable option. :) Thanks for all the hard work Dmitry!

Wow! Looks like I missed a lot during my absence from teh intertubez! This update looks really great :)

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Instruments”